• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tomorrow Children [OT] Where FTP means 'For The People'

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Well I enjoyed the game from the beginning. So I just want to say congratulations on what you did accomplish. I'd love to see it salvaged into something else but that's probably unrealistic. I feel like there's an opportunity to grab everything and recraft it into a narrative experience. There's so many quality pieces there, it's a shame to think they'll be lost now. It would be amazing if there was at least some way of keeping some kind of offline mode alive after the shutdown

Going to miss this. Nothing else quite like it, be it gameplay-wise or aesthetically.

Wish it could be repurposed for a future spin-off or something, 'cause it's a crying shame none of it will be accessible soon.

HiVision

Well I enjoyed the game from the beginning. So I just want to say congratulations on what you did accomplish. I'd love to see it salvaged into something else but that's probably unrealistic. I feel like there's an opportunity to grab everything and recraft it into a narrative experience. There's so many quality pieces there, it's a shame to think they'll be lost now. It would be amazing if there was at least some way of keeping some kind of offline mode alive after the shutdown

We wanted to carry on developing it and add the narrative elements we planned out too.. now no-one will know the epic saga of the Void!

bitbydeath

We wanted to carry on developing it and add the narrative elements we planned out too.. now no-one will know the epic saga of the Void!

I would love to hear the initial plans set and how it was meant to evolve (both in gameplay and story) had it received the numbers.

Failing that, I would also accept Pixel Junk Monsters 2.

This sucks. What killed it for me and my friends was the lack of private towns that we could build ourselves. Still a great game with a great atmosphere.

About one week remaining until the door to the Void closes forever... ;(

I'll probably bump this again on the final day, but if I see any of you running around I'll be sure to give you a hearty salute!

It's a shame to see things end this early, the game had a wonderfully creepy charm to it.

I hope you guys get a chance to revisit the IP in the future, I feel like it has so much potential despite its shortcomings. The world feels like it'd be a great fit for a tower defense game.

Vindicator

Already recorded some Twitch videos just for the memories, graphics especially the lighting are exceptional as well as the sound design,need to stream a few times more until November.

I wonder if there's some 4K/HDR dev build of the game, it would look crazy...

Zoe

The atmosphere of this game always left me yearning to learn more about the future of the world. Were there any plans to build on the narrative?

Jacknapes

24223893098_6096d98b7c_o.png

Thought i'd share this farewell.

HiVision

The atmosphere of this game always left me yearning to learn more about the future of the world. Were there any plans to build on the narrative?

Yes, we had whole sections of narrative and even one or two new characters.
There is a piece of music in the soundtrack which was intended for one of those sections.

I know this is some sort of collaboration with Sony Japan but it's also from the developers behind PixelJunk. Any chance of this coming to PC later down the line? Seems like the sort of game that would've done better on PC.

Do you still need help?? If yes, I'm in !!

Yeah! I’m right under the loading area (IrishFigg). If you want to throw yourself off this red tower thing a few times I’d appreciate it, lol!!

Edit: GOT IT! Not sure if that was you or someone else reading, but a kind soul continuously killed themselves right by me and gave me exactly what I needed. Hooray!

*WARNING* The servers for The Tomorrow Children are scheduled to close November 1, 2017. After this time, all trophies will be unachievable. Premium purchases, including Freeman Dollars, will become unavailable after August 31, 2017. It is not required to purchase Freeman Dollars to 100% the game but it can speed up the process.

:(

Sethista

It's dead Jim,

Thanks for the support everyone!

I played a fair amount of the beta and the full game, it had more ideias than most games I played this gen, and with more work the gameplay aspects could reach what it was going for. I had fun!

You guys did something awesome here, and I hope it gets you to the next level. Cant wait to see what you come up with next.

It's dead Jim,

Thanks for the support everyone!

Such a shame, a stylistically beautiful game, visually one of the most technically brilliant released.

I played it, but I didn't have fun.

Creative co-operative games like mine-craft, are not my thing, but i think with some changes this could have been more.

Like Creation of your own town (still open to others) or some options of less asymmetrical game-play, like a party system, with friends who would remain visible.

Hard to tell, I didn't enjoy the game, but I'm glad it existed. I'd rather play something interesting and not enjoy it or feel its not for me, than another cookie cutter try to please everyone em up.

The real, real shame is that it will essentially cease to exist.

I hope in (many i suspect) years to come, it can be pirated, servers hacked and preserved. Similar to Resident Evil Outbreak or Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast.

This is far too unique a game to just disappear into the void.

Top Bottom