• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been abandoned (e.g. dead)

Jedi2016

Sony, just kill it already, this is brutal.

tumblr_mb1x6oWaoD1roixiho9_r1_250.gif
At this point, yeah... just let it die.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I wonder what kind of reaction people would give if when the Last Guardian is released, it turns out the game is a bad one.

Probably a super many lots of denial.

sn00zer

Im starting to think that TLG will look vastly different than it used to, really will mot likely be an entirely new IP in the Ico-verse.

Lernaean

Banned
RIP in peace TLG, i knew you well.
Most concerning thing is that i had predicted that P5 EU will release after TLG WW. Hope i was wrong.

Paracelsus

Sony doesn't seem to enjoy putting out midcard (sales-wise) titles any longer. Ueda games are not midcard, they're flat out dead on arrival, so either this turns into a cult hit thanks to word-of-mouth or it's gonna bomb.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I mean...some years ago square showed some versus 13 even tho it was far from ready, just to try to alleviate some fears, when it comes to TLG...they havent even done that, not a teaser, not anything since its reveal, That should put some things in perspective here. After who knows how many years, they STILL have nothing to show for it.

dude

dude
Ico and SotC were some of my favorite games, but I never got the level excitement this game get. I know, the trailers looked amazing, but we never saw any actual gameplay, we have no idea what the main story was, what you would actually do in the game... All we had was really cool trailers.
So yeah, it's dead, move on, it has never been to us more than a couple of cool clips. Why would you get so hung up on a game that ha basically presented you nothing but character design?

Yep, writing's been on the wall for friggin' eons now. I'll always lament Team Ico's absence over the last 8 years but eh, ICO and SoTC are among my favorite titles. They left behind a good legacy. You know, maybe people will cling onto this for a few more years the same way ardent Shenmue fans do for hope of a Shenmue 3 :l ( I know this pain as well)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
That's because The Last Guardian has been renamed Killzone 5.

Dargor

I don't know if its dead or not. But if it is, why doesn't Sony just say it already? Whats the worst thing that could happen?

Its not like they have anything depending on this game.

odhiex

Sure... just rename it.

I just want to play with the cat-bird-dog thing, damn it. The name doesn't matter for me.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I actually still believe it'll be released eventually, but after reading this thread, I had to make this

puwAePm.gif
I said goddamn. Sucks if the game is really canceled as it looked to be something special in the target renders.

At this point I have very little hope for the game left considering we have next to no info about it and the fact is been delayed this many times already. It could resurface again at E3 2015 for PS4 but I'm not getting my hopes up.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Im starting to think that TLG will look vastly different than it used to, really will mot likely be an entirely new IP in the Ico-verse.

You think that it'll look vastly different than an 8 year old tech demo? What gives you that idea?

Anyway, I disagree. The game will never look any different because that game is never coming out, so you'll never see any new footage of it. Sony will keep telling people it's in development just so they don't have to tell people it got cancelled years ago and they've lied about it all this time.

I don't know why people have made such a big deal of this for so many years. There has been literally nothing of this game other than a probably pre-rendered concept scene.

Macrotus

I really hope not...
I hope its just Sony deciding to change the title of the game.

Because if this is true in means Yoshi.P has been lying :(

Edited:
And then I see some posts above me which denies this thread after I post...
I will continue to believe then!!

Top Bottom