• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The trademark for The Last Guardian has been abandoned (e.g. dead)

Mista

Banned
Update: Sony confirms that the game is still in development

Another year, another confirmation and we still havent seen anything.

Koh

I fully expect an official update this year. Whether it's a trailer or a release date or the game releases, i don't know.

I still believe the game exists and will be released. Fortunately I'm not one of those people who is already sold on this game, so waiting is infinitely easier.

AmyS

http://www.psu.com/feature/25887/Which-PS5-feature-is-most-important-to-you

hOmVnq9.jpg

As soon as a new console launches, speculation begins about the next new piece of technology.

If we take a look through PlayStation history, the gap between console launches has been approximately five to six years, though the wait for the arrival of the PS4 came seven years after the launch of PS3. Though Sony hasn’t followed a set pattern, it seems likely that the PS5 release date will arrive 5-7 years after the launch of the PS4. So, we’re looking at somewhere between 2018-2020.

Which PS5 feature would you most like?

Well, just one thing.....

xV76FBw.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

07-minister.jpg

If the game was really 'in development' in the way that most games are, they would show something. How many years did we hear that Ghostbusters 3 was 'in development'? It's all bullshit.

It's much easier to pretend the game still exists than admit it was cancelled years ago and have to endure the painful questioning over how their best studio fell apart. The director of the game doesn't even have anything to do with the project anymore, that is not normal for games that are 'in development'.

I wonder what kind of reaction people would give if when the Last Guardian is released, it turns out the game is a bad one.

Probably a super many lots of denial.

What about the reaction of after 10 years of hype, the game releases and is 5-8 hours long (which would be likely looking at Ico and SotC)

It's dead.

Much easier to keep going thinking it's long gone and be pleasantly surprised if it comes out, than to keep believing it's alive and not see it released ever.

Pennywise

If the game was really 'in development' in the way that most games are, they would show something. How many years did we hear that Ghostbusters 3 was 'in development'? It's all bullshit.

It's much easier to pretend the game still exists than admit it was cancelled years ago and have to endure the painful questioning over how their best studio fell apart. The director of the game doesn't even have anything to do with the project anymore, that is not normal for games that are 'in development'.

It's not rocket science isn't it ?

They burned themselves with an reveal that took place way too early, they obviously don't want to repeat the same mistake again.
They'll reveal it, once they hit state of development where you can be absolutely sure that the game will be released.

If the game was cancelled, the way to avoid negative pr would be stating it, not keeping that discussion about the status of the game up.....

Ok. Let me call it.

The old ps3 game is dead and gone by at least two years. The "new" last guardian started development from scratch sometimes one year ago. So we get a teaser at e3 and we are at best two to three years away from release.
Also, I can see the sony worldwide branch getting a very reliable studio to oversee development (santa monica?), to keep the project on track.

Ok. Let me call it.

The old ps3 game is dead and gone by at least two years. The "new" last guardian started development from scratch sometimes one year ago. So we get a teaser at e3 and we are at best two to three years away from release.
Also, I can see the sony worldwide branch getting a very reliable studio to oversee development (santa monica?), to keep the project on track.
I get the feeling this game will be released the same year it be re-revealed (possibly within 4 months) just to overcompensate for the delay

Dr. Buni

Even if this game is eventually released, it is already dead to me. All the hype I had for it died a long time ago.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
"Will eventually see the light of day."

That could mean that the only people still willing to play it is living in a basement and have limited lighting conditions.

III-V

Sony has waited until the right time to reveal.

Previously, the market was flooded with way too many boy-meets-jackalopebird titles to make it smart, economically. People forget that gaming is big business.

Top Bottom