• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two items from The Hollywood Reporter:
- Executive producers Robert Kirkman and Gale Anne Hurd tell THR what's to come on AMC's zombie drama *spoilers*
- Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Commentary: 'The Walking Dead' Season 2 *spoilers in the text*

bXDbo.jpg

LZbfz.jpg

Calcaneus

I sure hope this season is better. It was rarely awful but the good points and bad points always canceled each other out. I feel nothing for this show, but I want to like it.

- The National Post: Expect more emotion, prosthetics from Season 2 of The Walking Dead

- Variety Review: The Walking Dead
Beyond a couple of truly gut-churning moments courtesy of the special-FX wizards, the second season showcases the topnotch cast the producers have assembled, as well as the program's skill milking terror in broad daylight.

Perhaps the biggest hurdle facing "Walking Dead" is that without a ray of hope -- some "Omega Man"-like potential for survival -- the series becomes a bleak death march, waiting to see which if any of the regular characters are expendable, or if the casualties will be confined to bit players and guest stars, like the red-shirted crewmen on "Star Trek."

For now, though, this AMC drama deftly straddles those lines -- and, for a show with "Dead" in the title, appears to have a whole lot of life still in it.

- Sepinwall's S2 review
But whatever impact Darabont's absence will have on "The Walking Dead" - if any, given that the rest of his team (including Kirkman himself writing the season premiere, and former number two man Glen Mazzara taking the reins) is still in place - will come later in the season. I've seen the season's first two episodes, and even knowing what I know about the backstage issues, they left me feeling more confident about the series than I actually did for most of the first season.

The opening of season 2 seems more focused, and just plain stronger than the great bulk of that first batch of episodes.
Much more via the link.

Also:
- AMC: Sneak Peek Scene From the Season 2 Premiere *please spoiler tag any discussion*

Zarovitch

Is the Minisode are spoilers of the season 2 or it's side stories?
http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video#!type_minisode/season_2

Thanks!

More reviews:

- Tim Goodman at THR: The Walking Dead
Walking Dead is at its best when it can go beyond conventions of the genre and raise the emotional stakes. Making the series an adult drama with depth and nuance is what attracted non-zombie-movie fans in the first place. Early in season two, it's very clear that keeping the dramatic heft is of primary concern.

Above all else, Walking Dead hasn't lost the most important ingredient in its strangely successful recipe: It's thrilling.

- Kansas City Star: 'The Walking Dead' is far from buried
This dynamic provides "The Walking Dead" with its beating heart and enables it to push emotional buttons that other shows don't. And based on the first two installments of a 13-episode season, it will continue to have viewers perched on the edge of their sofas.

- Boston Herald: Second season is ‘Dead’ on again
This show knows how to set up frightening cliffhangers like no other drama. “The Walking Dead” is back. You know what that means. Sit up with the lights on. B+

demosthenes said:
If I miss this Sunday night I should have plenty of opportunities to see this again before next week right?
it should play twice. and they will most likely play before the new episode air sunday night before.

TiVo

I'm kind of bummed it's on the same time as Boardwalk empire. From the schedule it seems like they play the episode a second time though. Sunday is going to be an awesome day for TV.

TiVo premiere records two channels at once.
I never miss my favorite shows that come in at the same time.

Doomsayer

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! It's going to be a good day.

This show had such a weird bunch of episodes; some were amazing and the others were mediocre in every sense of the word. Hopefully we get more of the former this season!

A couple more reviews:
- USA Today: AMC's 'The Walking Dead' stands with TV's best
- SF Chronicle: 'The Walking Dead' second season

Also, from AMC:
- Play As Shane Walsh in The Walking Dead Story Game Teaser
When Rick wakes from a coma, he finds his wife Lori and his partner Shane gone and the police station basically abandoned. (Sure, former-deputy Leon Bassett is still around but he's a zombie now.) Where are Shane and Lori? How did Leon end up like that? Get to the root of the matter with this interactive teaser of The Walking Dead: Dead Reckoning, AMC's online story game which lets you play the role of Shane Walsh during civilization's final days. Who's a threat? Who needs to be saved? Who must be sacrificed for the greater good? Start the journey today then come back for the full game experience in early 2012.

Fuck I'm so hyped. I read all the comics yet I'm still just as eager to see things go down. Obviously I'll never discuss anything for the most part, but I can't wait :)

- Maureen Ryan: 'The Walking Dead' Doesn't Break Its Stride in Season 2
In the first two episodes of the drama's second season, scares are efficiently dispensed, the action moves along briskly and there are credible attempts to make the survivors of a zombie apocalypse more than a collection of types.

The bottom line is, if you liked the what the show was dishing out in its first season -- genre storytelling made with admirable restraint and economy, except for those jump-out-of-your-seat scary/gross moments -- you're likely to enjoy what you see in season 2.

anaron

It baffles me when I see professional critics - some of which I agree with quite regularly - praise that first season. Then I remember they all enjoyed Lost for six seasons and it all suddenly seems so clear. :p

Really hoping this show has truly come into its own this year. With so much talent involved, I'd love to see it be put to good use.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Cornballer said:

Kinda lame questions. They ask you in the first section what you want to do in regards to the woman with the scratch. One of the options is to shoot her, but if you select that, none of the other questions follow through with that option. You still go to the hospital to look for a cure for the woman you just shot. lol

I'm Dale. Who did everyone else get?

RatskyWatsky said:
Kinda lame questions. They ask you in the first section what you want to do in regards to the woman with the scratch. One of the options is to shoot her, but if you select that, none of the other questions follow through with that option. You still go to the hospital to look for a cure for the woman you just shot. lol

I'm Dale. Who did everyone else get?

I guess just because you wanted to shoot her doesn't meant the rest of the group did?

Or something?

The Walking Dead and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the only TV shows I have any real interest in these days.
I love the zombie theme. I always wished they'd do a sequel to 2004's Dawn of the Dead.

Might be the same clip as above:

- Sneak Peek Video From Season Premiere Shown at New York Comic-Con Is Now Online *please spoiler tag any discussion*
What happens when
hundreds of walkers descend upon a group of survivors on a deserted highway?
Find out now with this special sneak peek scene from The Walking Dead's Season 2 premiere that was screened earlier today at New York Comic Con. Then get ready for the special 90-minute premiere tomorrow, Sun. Oct. 16 at 9/8c on AMC.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nappuccino said:
shoot them all, save yourself.

I tried to really put myself in that situation. If it really was a zombie apocalypse, I probably would shoot all of the stragglers, especially if they were bitten. For my sake, and for theirs.

:/

lol

bangai-o

Banned
i dont know if has been mentioned yet, but Sirius is going to have a "The Talking Dead" with Kirkman and others after the premier. I think on Howard101.

Owzers

Tonight , tonight , tonigggggggggggggggggggggggggght. Season 1 moved much too slowly and at time was a little stupid, i hope Season 2 delivers. I've read all the comic issues, it's not like there is a lack of story content they could call upon to justify such a slow pace.

Season premiere tonight!
What Lies Ahead

Rick leads the group out of Atlanta; the group is stopped by a threat unlike anything anyone has seen before; the search for someone who has gone missing.
Also, just a reminder that the S1 marathon starts at 2:30PM ET today. AMC is replaying the entire season before the premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom