• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Looks much better than I thought it would, still iffy on some of the changes but it looks great overall. The Governor (isn't he British? he can pull off a great accent) looks to be handled well.

Eh problem with trailers is that they can make anything look cool. Looked interesting but will have to wait and see.
ehh, since mazarra took over most episodes have been pretty damn good overall, that and the prison arc is one of the biggest/most important in the comic series soto plan there is more reason to be optimistic than not.

ehh, since mazarra took over most episodes have been pretty damn good overall, that and the prison arc is one of the biggest/most important in the comic series soto plan there is more reason to be optimistic than not.

That's true but it really doesn't look like they're following the comic much for the prison storyline. I'm sure the overall story will end up the same, but it looks a lot different already just from that trailer.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
That's true but it really doesn't look like they're following the comic much for the prison storyline. I'm sure the overall story will end up the same, but it looks a lot different already just from that trailer.

Yeah, I was initially concerned about that as well. But
Andrea and Michelle coming across Woodbury first makes sense after the way Season 2 ended, and Andrea's relationship with him could be interesting. Consider she was in love with Shane on the TV series, and the Governor in the comics is a really REALLY fucked up version of what Shane turned into on the Television series, I could see her agreeing with him on a lot of things at first before she sees his completely fucked up side. Michelle looks wonderfully casted, and I'm excited to see what Daryll's brother being back brings to the table. My main concern is the lack of the prisoners in this trailer, I really hope they didn't scrap that part of the comics. But Lori telling Rick he isn't a killer kind of hints at that a bit.
. I think there will be some minor, and a few major changes to how things play out, but I have feeling it's going to be mostly faithful to the comics in the grand scheme of things.

Yeah, I was initially concerned about that as well. But
Andrea and Michelle coming across Woodbury first makes sense after the way Season 2 ended, and Andrea's relationship with him could be interesting. Consider she was in love with Shane on the TV series, and the Governor in the comics is a really REALLY fucked up version of what Shane turned into on the Television series, I could see her agreeing with him on a lot of things at first before she sees his completely fucked up side. Michelle looks wonderfully casted, and I'm excited to see what Daryll's brother being back brings to the table. My main concern is the lack of the prisoners in this trailer, I really hope they didn't scrap that part of the comics. But Lori telling Rick he isn't a killer kind of hints at that a bit.
. I think there will be some minor, and a few major changes to how things play out, but I have feeling it's going to be mostly faithful to the comics in the grand scheme of things.

Michonne, not Michelle :p
The thing I'm most worried about is that the governor seems to have found the prison already, and this trailer was made from what, 6 episodes? I don't understand how they're going to cram that much in, and then somehow continue the story afterwards. They said the prison storyline would go on for two seasons.
The Andrea and Michonne thing does make sense from what happened at the end of season 2, I just wish they didn't end with that. It seems like Andrea being separated from the group is going to change the story significantly.

bkw

So at this point are they marketing the show just to fans of the comic? Wanted to watch the trailer, but it seems weird that they'd spoil so much in it...

Or is it only spoilers to those who have read the book since they'd recognize key elements and events?

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Watched like 30 seconds then stopped. Looked amazing.

Jesus, new trailers for my favorite show and most hyped game (see avatar) tonight and i dont want to watch either of them. Its like a cruel joke

Tromeo_GirlShocked.gif

Man, if that's all in the first episode... insane.

JoeBoy101

Jesus Christ that trailer.

Well, I'm hyped. Still wish they kept the Governor
cutting off Rick's hand
but I'll settle on the later bit with
Lori

haikira

Jesus Christ that trailer.

Well, I'm hyped. Still wish they kept the Governor
cutting off Rick's hand
but I'll settle on the later bit with
Lori

Oh. Did the confirm they're not doing that anymore? I always wondered how they'd be able to pull that off in the show, come to think it. Disappointed they dropped it though.

One thing I'm glad of about season 3 is that they seem to be taking the whole 'apocalypse' look more seriously. Just small things like not having grass being perfectly cut in gardens as it was in seasons 1 and 2. There have been behind the scenes pictures showing signs stuck into the ground thanking the town for not cutting the grass during filming.

SamuraiX-

There have been behind the scenes pictures showing signs stuck into the ground thanking the town for not cutting the grass during filming.

Haha, brilliant!

Also, I just want to point out that after watching the Season 3 Comic-Con trailer too many times, I feel like Rick meeting with The Governor face to face so early... isn't really happening. It's hard to say but just looking at the angles and lighting when they switch between Rick and Gov, nothing matches up at all. I don't know who Rick and the group are looking at in that scene but I'm pretty sure they're showing The Governor there when he arrives at the helicopter crash site.

Haha, brilliant!

Also, I just want to point out that after watching the Season 3 Comic-Con trailer too many times, I feel like Rick meeting with The Governor face to face so early... isn't really happening. It's hard to say but just looking at the angles and lighting when they switch between Rick and Gov, nothing matches up at all. I don't know who Rick and the group are looking at in that scene but I'm pretty sure they're showing The Governor there when he arrives at the helicopter crash site.

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing, it looks like it's just been edited to look that way. If you look at the person's legs in the scene with Rick, their trousers don't look like the governor's. It's a strange decision to make for a trailer. I think Rick is actually (comic spoilers)
looking at one of the prisoners. Which would fit in with the scene that cuts off just before they go into the cafeteria looking room, and the scene with Daryl asking 'who the hell are you?'

Hopefully it has just been edited, it would make me a lot more hyped for this season.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I just watched The Mist (2007) tonight, and it's pretty cool that Dale, Andrea, and Carol are all in the movie.

Isn't it weird that Carol has a similar role? In both The Mist and The Walking Dead, what she's most concern about is her kids. They have different outcomes, but still.

Dale doesn't make any faces in The Mist, though.

Radec

Im still in the episode where Dale got killed. Man, this show have tons of dumbass characters lol. But I guess thats expected on zombie shows.

Still good though.

strobogo

Banned
Why haven't they picked up some walkie talkies at the various stores they've raided? I find it really hard to stretch belief that they wouldn't have been able to find any anywhere. That would make things so much easier on everyone, especially when they're all out separated in the woods.

Also, the stares Rick makes are hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom