• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

How do you enter that sweepstakes if you're Canadian? <_<

It has all options for Canada...except postal code doesn't work :/

Edit: Eh, just put in 12345. I'm sure I'm disqualified now anyway. Lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Never saw the pic until it was shown on Talking Dead earlier tonight. Thought it was a silencer at first

silencer made out of a flashlight. Which I have no idea if it'd work, but I assume it's a 1 time use.

But I had seen that picture, along with alot of the rest of what was on Talking Dead (besides the clip and the prison set), so I had time to look at them.

VPhys

This Talking Dead show is like a car accident. Only bad can come from watching this (spoilers) but I can't help it.

bill0527

Hmm.. I noticed earlier today that my DVR automatically recorded the black & white pilot episode from last night.

Good call flagging it as a new episode so DVRs would pick it up.

I watched it a little while ago and the b&w really does add something to it. I thought it was very cool, but I'm still not sure I could watch an entire season of a show like this.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Hmm.. I noticed earlier today that my DVR automatically recorded the black & white pilot episode from last night.

Good call flagging it as a new episode so DVRs would pick it up.

I watched it a little while ago and the b&w really does add something to it. I thought it was very cool, but I'm still not sure I could watch an entire season of a show like this.
Odd, my DVR didn't have it scheduled to record; I had to set it manually.

heard much about this show but never checked it out, with season 2 going now, is it worth getting into?

what makes this different from standard zombie fare movies? (except that it is episodic of course)

what makes this different from standard zombie fare movies? (except that it is episodic of course)

The complete lack of zombies. Only joking...kinda.
Season 3 is starting in October, so it would make sense to catch up before then. Glen Mazzara took over as the showrunner in the second half of the second season, and the show has gotten much better since then.

If you are going to start watching, I'd say it's worth baring through some of the worst episodes (first half of season 2) because of where the show is going now. The pilot is fantastic, the rest of season 1 is alright/good at best, and the first half of the second season is so fucking boring. The second half was great though.

Basically, Glen Mazzara is a much better showrunner, and the show looks like it's in a much better position since Darabont left.

TWD Comic-Con poster:

R1gm6.jpg

Previous years can be seen here.

SamuraiX-

heard much about this show but never checked it out, with season 2 going now, is it worth getting into?

Season 2 ended back in March and they're about a third of the way done with filming Season 3 (16 episodes total) which will premiere this October.

What makes TWD unique and helps it stand out from every other popcorn zombie flick is first and foremost it asks the question of: what happens past the point immediately after the zombie apocalypse hits? How do the rest of the surviving members of the human race adapt and where do they go from there? It's a lot more engaging from a character perspective in that the show has always been more about fleshing out the human condition and focusing on how the characters interact given the current situation rather than just zombies getting popped all the time (although there is plenty of that).

A lot of people here didn't feel much after Season 1 but stuck with the show. Halfway through Season 2, the same people who weren't feeling it were continuing to give up on it but by the end of Season 2 I think a lot more people were on board but there were still plenty of naysayers. With that said, this upcoming season is expected to be the most enticing of all because it's be based off the most exciting arc from the graphic novel of which the TV series is based off.

Highlight recommended. My favorite TV series right now and the best one I've been keeping up with since I could remember.

Love it.

My favorite one yet.

dat prison in the background... sogud :D

SamuraiX-

JZ9nq.png

:D

IGSq8.png

So is AMC gonna make it public or is this only for the people at Comic-Con? Because I remember from last week they mentioned something about premiering the trailer on AMC in the middle of Small Town Security this weekend or something.

So is AMC gonna make it public or is this only for the people at Comic-Con? Because I remember from last week they mentioned something about premiering the trailer on AMC in the middle of Small Town Security this weekend or something.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they held the trailer back until the Small Town Security premiere. That falls in line with what they've been doing recently. That being said, I don't think I've read confirmation one way or the other.

RoylAsult

i was wondering if anyone could help me.

im interested in buying some of the volumes of the comics on my kindle but im just wondering, which comic issue is where season 2 ends?

CREMSteve

JZ9nq.png

:D

IGSq8.png

S3 trailer?! Awesome, I love this show.

Link

The Autumn Wind
hmm and there is currently 16 volumes correct?

is there a huge difference between the show and the comics, would it be worth it to start from volume 1?
If you're talking about collected volumes, Season 2 ends where Volume 2 does. There's been 100 individual issues.

is there a huge difference between the show and the comics, would it be worth it to start from volume 1?
I'd say start from the beginning. It's only a few extra issues, and the continuity will be a little screwy if you try to pick up the comics right where the show leaves off.

Where's that damn trailer. >:|
The panel is going on right now, so we should hear about it pretty soon. Not sure if there will be a clean copy up before later this weekend, though.

I'd say start from the beginning. It's only a few extra issues, and the continuity will be a little screwy if you try to pick up the comics right where the show leaves off.

Yeah, definitely this. Even though the overall story is the same, the comics are quite a bit different, even at this early stage of the tv show.

It's not really a spoiler at all, but I'll spoiler tag anyway.
Going by the live blog, it seems like they're
pushing forward certain events in the comic that shouldn't happen until later.
Not sure how I feel about that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
oh man I want to watch soooo bad but spoilers ruin everything...

Salsa

now that Michonne hits the series she's bound to replace Darryl as the new character people go nuts over

good trailer, but I still think I wont really love this season since something tells me they're gonna pussy out and not do many of the great stuff the comics did during this arc

SamuraiX-

Yvt6t.gif
Yvt6t.gif
Yvt6t.gif

Holy shit. I had chills. Looks soooo good.

*Rick, Carl, Herschel starting to resemble the appearances their graphic novel counterparts
*Prison looks absolutely stunning
*This was all just from the first 6 episodes... They're really moving fast in terms of the story pace compared to the graphic novel
*Need to see more of David Morrissey. Not sold on his ability to play The Governor yet but I did like what little I've seen
*Not sure how I feel about the deviation from the GN so far... like Andrea and Michonne going to Woodburry first and Rick's first encounter with The Governor. I'm sure they'll pull it off, but still only cautiously optimistic
*Gonna go back and rewatch the trailer like 10 times. SO HYPED

Snake

Had to skip through the trailer, since 4 minutes of plot across the whole season is pretty damn spoilerish.

From what I saw it looks pretty good though.

Salsa

*Rick, Carl, Herschel starting to resemble the appearances their graphic novel counterparts
*Prison looks absolutely stunning
*This was all just from the first 6 episodes... They're really moving fast in terms of the story pace compared to the graphic novel
*Need to see more of David Morrissey. Not sold on his ability to play The Governor yet but I did like what little I've seen
*Not sure how I feel about the deviation from the GN so far... like Andrea and Michonne going to Woodburry first and Rick's first encounter with The Governor. I'm sure they'll pull it off, but still only cautiously optimistic
*Gonna go back and rewatch the trailer like 10 times. SO HYPED

I really, really dont think they're gonna (comic spoilers)
cut Rick's hand, kill Lori and her daughter in the same way, or play the pedo aspect of The Governor
and it totally bums me out.

SamuraiX-

I really, really dont think they're gonna (comic spoilers)
cut Rick's hand, kill Lori and her daughter in the same way, or play the pedo aspect of The Governor
and it totally bums me out.

(Comic Spoilers)

I think Mazzara was saying they have their own ideas in store in terms of shocking and traumatizing events for the viewers. I also don't think they'll have Rick lose his hand (Kirkman keeps talking about how much of a mistake it was) or do the Governor-Michonne rape stuff or making out with his Walker daugher or anything BUT... I think they're gonna keep the Lori thing intact. I feel like they'll make the whole scene just as graphic, with Lori getting blown apart but at the same time not showing Judy after she gets crushed.

An-Det

The trailer was longer than I expected, and damn good. Interesting changes but nothing bad. The two main sets look fantastic, and
Merle's hand replacement is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom