• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wray

Yeah I can easily seeing them have
The Gov or maybe even Meryl decapitate him in place of Tyrese for that big scene.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
She's absolutely perfect, almost makes up for him being completely different.

The decisions they make with adapting this show are so weird.

SamuraiX-

She's absolutely perfect, almost makes up for him being completely different.

The decisions they make with adapting this show are so weird.

The directors have been saying that they cast for acting talent first and look-a-likes second. I'm totally cool with it. Mazzara keeps hyping up how awesome and intense Season 3 will be, even for all those fans who've read the comics already, meaning they have some new surprises of their own in store.

legacyzero

Banned
The Walking Dead Facebook just posted some new set photos from season 3. I fucking love this show

Caution! Minor S3 spoilers!
http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-3-production-photos/group-prison.php

Come at me, zombies!
group-prison-760.jpg

SamuraiX-

Shame they're splitting the prison arc into 2 seasons (right?) but I can see why, it's just redonkulous how much stuff happens in them.

I've been wondering when would be a could cutoff point to end Season 3... Depends on how much of a departure there is from the graphic novel, I guess.

I've been wondering when would be a could cutoff point to end Season 3... Depends on how much of a departure there is from the graphic novel, I guess.
I think they'll hit all the major plot points but they'll do lots and lots of diversions in between to fill in time. Only major plot point that it sounds like they might avoid,
and I thank the lord if it's true, is Rick getting his hand cut off. Would be so bad on the tv show. Just give him some other scar or something.

Flash

How so when he has a much bigger role in the comics? His role in the comics is the equivalent and more of Shane's role on the TV show to be honest.

lol no. Shane in the show is more of a mix between comic book Shane (pretty one dimensional) and comic book Rick... So far Rick in the show has been pretty one dimensional but with the death of Shane I think we'll begin to see the real Rick. '

The closest thing we have to Tyreese is Darryl. T-Dog is in no way similar to him other than being black lol

LQX

lol no. Shane in the show is more of a mix between comic book Shane (pretty one dimensional) and comic book Rick... So far Rick in the show has been pretty one dimensional but with the death of Shane I think we'll begin to see the real Rick. '

The closest thing we have to Tyreese is Darryl. T-Dog is in no way similar to him other than being black lol

You're right. I fully agree.

MBison

So what is this show they are airing tonight? My friend thinks its new episodes and I didn't have the heart to break the bad news to him.

So what is this show they are airing tonight? My friend thinks its new episodes and I didn't have the heart to break the bad news to him.
- AMC Announces The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend July 7 & 8
AMC announced today The Walking Dead Season 3 Preview Weekend on Sat., Jul. 7 and Sun., Jul. 8 beginning at 11:30AM/10:30c each day. Airing just one week before Comic-Con, the two-day programming event will feature a marathon of all 19 episodes from the series' critically acclaimed first two seasons, culminating with a Talking Dead live primetime special on Sun., Jul. 8 at 9/8c. The one-time-only airing of Talking Dead, hosted by Chris Hardwick (Nerdist), will be followed by a never-before-seen black and white version of The Walking Dead pilot episode at 10/9c. The special version of the series' first episode was created specifically for fans of The Walking Dead, as it holds true to the original black and white comic book, written by Robert Kirkman.

Throughout The Walking Dead Marathon, Hardwick will introduce each episode from the set of season three in Atlanta, giving viewers a glimpse of the new sets.
Along with several cast members and producers, he will set up the storyline from each episode, and discuss the classic moments and unique characters featured. In addition, every episode with be wrapped with exclusive character and scene-specific content from the first two seasons, including behind-the-scenes footage and sit-down interviews with the cast.

In the hour-long Talking Dead event, shot live in Los Angeles, Hardwick will give fans a first look at The Walking Dead Season 3, including a scene from the new season, and brand new video interviews with the cast, a tour of the new set and a sneak peek at the props and wardrobes featured in Season 3.
Hardwick will also sit down with in-studio guests including the show's executive producers and other celebrity fans. Viewers will get information on the show's presence at this year's Comic-Con, including a look at the construction of The Walking Dead booth, updates on AMC's The Walking Dead Social Game, and other show-related news and topics.
They're airing the black & white version of the original pilot, a new Talking Dead segment that focuses on S3, and they'll roll a couple of clips and interviews.

Oh wow. :eek:

Okay, serious question...will this entire season also take place over something like a week or will there be some actual goddamn progression this time?

Season 2 was such a bloated mess, mainly due to them spending so much time looking for that silly little so and so who should have stayed where she was damn well told to stay.

Kinyou

Oh wow. :eek:

Okay, serious question...will this entire season also take place over something like a week or will there be some actual goddamn progression this time?

Season 2 was such a bloated mess, mainly due to them spending so much time looking for that silly little so and so who should have stayed where she was damn well told to stay.
I can understand that, but in a way did I find the solution to that story arc just incredible satisfying. It all just made perfectly sense. That alone was almost worth it to me.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I quit The Walking Dead at episode 3 in the first season and I just spent the whole weekend watching the marathon. I cant believe I let this show go.

Hyped for season 3

Has AMC announced when the new season will be starting? I assume it'll be in October again but it'd be neat if they started it right after Breaking Bad is finished for the year.

SamuraiX-

Has AMC announced when the new season will be starting? I assume it'll be in October again but it'd be neat if they started it right after Breaking Bad is finished for the year.

Yeah, October. Same routine, same schedule.

Season 3 is planned to be 16 episodes, with a Season 2-esque break somewhere in the middle.

Sean

Banned
I was really hoping this would be more than Hardwick lobbing softball questions at the crew.

Main reason everyone is watching is for some Season 3 footage. Which will probably be only like thirty seconds or whatever since the trailer would be saved for Comic-Con next week.

SamuraiX-

puberty has to hit him soon, if it hasn't already. Expecting a timejump at some point.

I honestly don't think they're too worried about Carl being the same age as his graphic novel counterpart, which I'm totally ok with since maintaining consistency with the comic would just take away from the TV show.

I love the look of the prison set. Can't wait to see some action happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom