• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
A zombie lannister always pays his debt: Grrrrr Arrrrgh

And AMC has spoiled that for months, Represent.

SamuraiX-

Fuck that guy on Talking Dead for spoiling
Merle
comes back. :|

Out of no where.

Yeah, don't keep up with this stuff if you don't want those kind of spoilers. They've released production photos of characters in the past few weeks too. :-/

lmfao @ Hardwick threatening the producer guy with the mug.

OMG DAT PRISON

soooogud

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Man, I hope they leave that set built. Would love to take a look at it in person next time I'm in that area.

Sean

Banned
Pleased to see the prison set looks huge. Was worried it'd be like one tiny hallway/cafeteria or something but that doesn't seem to be the case.

SamuraiX-

They just said the 4 minute Season 3 trailer will premiere fully next Sunday during a commercial break for Small Town Security. :|

Edit: HOLY MOTHER LOVING SHIT @ MICHONNE!

GOT DAYUM

An-Det

Neat preview of the 4-minute one next week. Really impressed by the prison though, looks like they really went all out on that. Can't wait to see it in-show.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
my goddddd why did i watch that! I have no will power

so many spoiler and hints at spoilers.

Let me guess...

Rick
gets bitten and has to cut off a limb

some asshole hinted at it earlier on another forum, and Kirk basically just confirmed it -_-

Link

The Autumn Wind

Let me guess...

Rick

some asshole hinted at it earlier on another forum, and Kirk basically just confirmed it -_-
Comic Spoilers:

Dale gets bit on the leg and they chop it off to stop the infection from spreading.

Not sure if it will come up in the show. It'd be hard to pull off.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill

Let me guess...

Rick

Comic Spoilers

That's what happens in the comics, but Kirkman has said before that he thinks that it was one of the worst decisions he made.

Haven't watched Talking Dead yet though, so not sure what Kirkman said.

Let me guess...

Rick

Well going by the comic, (comic spoilers obviously)
no that doesn't happen.

Comic Spoilers

That's what happens in the comics, but Kirkman has said before that he thinks that it was one of the worst decisions he made.

Haven't watched Talking Dead yet though, so not sure what Kirkman said.

Comic spoilers.
That doesn't happen exactly like that, he gets a limb cut off but not because he was bitten. And yeah, Kirkman said he hated it because it made Rick unable to do loads of simple tasks like reloading his gun.

gdt

Why does he think that?

IIRC, its a pain in the ass to always structure everything around Rick missing a hand. Cant have Rick do such and such.

Oh, I have a great idea! Wait....Rick doesn't have a hand so I can't do that. etc etc etc.

I think he looks back on it as a very cool thing for the moment, but it significantly changed what he can and can't do.

I don't really agree with him, the awesomeness of that far outweighs his personal negatives.

Represent.

Fuck I knew I was right.

Alright, so knowing that.. Do I still have a lot of surprises to look forward to? Or should my hype be drastically reduced because I know the big plot twist already?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Why does he think that?

I couldn't find the original interview that I read it in, but this is from another one, "Constantly, we're up against things in the comics where it would be awesome if Rick could... oh, Rick can't do that, he only has one hand. That is something that I regret, but I wouldn't put it past us. I'm not ruling anything out."

IIRC, its a pain in the ass to always structure everything around Rick missing a hand. Cant have Rick do such and such.

Oh, I have a great idea! Wait....Rick doesn't have a hand so I can't do that. etc etc etc.

I think he looks back on it as a very cool thing for the moment, but it significantly changed what he can and can't do.

I don't really agree with him, the awesomeness of that far outweighs his personal negatives.

I agree with you. I think it fits well. Sounds like whining on Kirkman's part.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Fuck I knew I was right.

Alright, so knowing that.. Do I still have a lot of surprises to look forward to? Or should my hype be drastically reduced because I know the big plot twist already?
I wouldn't count on it happening, personally.

Ponn

Banned
Fuck I knew I was right.

I wouldn't call that a big plot twist for one, there is tons of shit that happens, kind of like Game of Thrones.

Also if you are that worried about spoilers reducing your hype then for the love of God stop watching freaking 1 hour Talking Dead sneak peeks of Season 3 or trailers. I really just do not get why people do this to themselves.

"Oh I don't want to know anything at all about this show or movie before watching it."

coming up next, a full hour special blowing out the sequel/next season of your favorite show with behind the scenes sneak peeks and interviews with creators!

"Yes I absolutely must watch that and then jump on the nearest forum thread talking about this show. I am positive I will not get spoiled about anything"

Derrick01

Banned
So I watched all of season 2 during this marathon thing they had going since I was bored and the weekends never have anything on TV. I kind of like it overall, not as much as the Telltale games (at least so far). I truly hate Rick though as he is an awful main character and a huge waste and danger as a leader. I didn't agree with shane as he started to get crazy but when it came to the tough decisions I almost always agreed with him as it was the practical and logical way to do things. Stop putting the group in danger for sentimental shit or to look for 1 person. It was frustrating to see Rick always winning those battles and then
seeing him kill Shane eventually, which I guess wasn't a total shock given how fast things were deteriorating between them
was infuriatingly frustrating.

Solid show overall for the most part. Most of the characters I like seem to be dying fast though.

Represent.

I wouldn't call that a big plot twist for one, there is tons of shit that happens, kind of like Game of Thrones.

Also if you are that worried about spoilers reducing your hype then for the love of God stop watching freaking 1 hour Talking Dead sneak peeks of Season 3 or trailers. I really just do not get why people do this to themselves.

"Oh I don't want to know anything at all about this show or movie before watching it."

coming up next, a full hour special blowing out the sequel/next season of your favorite show with behind the scenes sneak peeks and interviews with creators!

"Yes I absolutely must watch that and then jump on the nearest forum thread talking about this show. I am positive I will not get spoiled about anything"

They said "behind the scene interviews and a sneak peak at season 3". Behind the scenes aren't spoilers. They don't spoil huge ass plot twists.

When a Producer blatantly goes out of his way to spoil something
Merle coming back
, that ain't right.

gdt

So I watched all of season 2 during this marathon thing they had going since I was bored and the weekends never have anything on TV. I kind of like it overall, not as much as the Telltale games (at least so far). I truly hate Rick though as he is an awful main character and a huge waste and danger as a leader. I didn't agree with shane as he started to get crazy but when it came to the tough decisions I almost always agreed with him as it was the practical and logical way to do things. Stop putting the group in danger for sentimental shit or to look for 1 person. It was frustrating to see Rick always winning those battles and then
seeing him kill Shane eventually, which I guess wasn't a total shock given how fast things were deteriorating between them

Solid show overall for the most part. Most of the characters I like seem to be dying fast though.

In regards to Rick, they set it up pretty clearly that hes changed, and will be very different from now on.

Much closer to comic book Rick...or the same really, even if he took a different road to get there.

Rick was useless in the first part of season 2 but it looks like he's starting to become more hardened as the show goes on, especially after killing Shane.
He's my favourite character out of the comic, and they seem to be doing him justice so far. If only I could say the same about Andrea.

Sean

Banned
They said "behind the scene interviews and a sneak peak at season 3". Behind the scenes aren't spoilers. They don't spoil huge ass plot twists.

Merle coming back
, that ain't right.

I don't think it's really that big of a deal. The fact they're revealing this months ahead of time kinda points to it not being a "huge ass plot twist" and just something that happens early on in the season.

AMC released a promotional photo of it, they've mentioned it on The Talking Dead tonight, and it will no doubt be part of the Comic-Con trailer next week.

mujun

I didn't agree with shane as he started to get crazy but when it came to the tough decisions I almost always agreed with him as it was the practical and logical way to do things. Stop putting the group in danger for sentimental shit or to look for 1 person.

I love how people always say this. Easy to say but I think it would be much much harder to actually make those sort of decisions if you actually had to do it.

Survivor A: You want to drive 50 kms in the opposite direction we are heading to see if anyone in your family is still alive?!?

Survivor B: Yeah, I know it's risky but I need to know, I don't think I could live with myself if I didn't at least try.

Survivor A: No way. It's an unnecessary risk. We have a plan, let's stick to it.

Survivor A: You are right. My bad!

Ponn

Banned

Merle coming back
, that ain't right.

People, like me and others in this thread, were watching it to see if they would reveal any new info or things about Season 3. What does that tell you? I'm just making an observation that always seems to happen and from your response will probably happen again. That wasn't a big spoiler at all, I was actually disappointed we didn't get some more juicy info on stuff we didn't already know was going to happen. So you weren't really spoiled on anything, but in the future if its that big of a deal i'm just suggesting you might want to stay away from programs like that. And don't watch the behind the scenes documentary on your DVD's and blu-rays before the movie or shows either.

Derrick01

Banned
I love how people always say this. Easy to say but I think it would be much much harder to actually make those sort of decisions if you actually had to do it.

I'd like to think I would. My thing is I don't usually have the ability to force my will onto other people, so I wouldn't be able to get them to listen. But I wouldn't put myself or the others in danger to help some random stranger or
someone who was literally just shooting at me
. That's borderline insane. If I was in the group I would have definitely confronted Rick after that and said "alright enough's enough asshole, grow some balls and quit trying to kill us." It's one thing to look for a group member but doing the part I spoiler'd is too far.

SamuraiX-

Man, I still can't get over how good that Michonne teaser was.

They absolutely nailed her character as well as her style of slicing and dicing zombies like in the graphic novel.

Dying to see that entire 4 minute trailer.

mujun

I'd like to think I would. My thing is I don't usually have the ability to force my will onto other people, so I wouldn't be able to get them to listen. But I wouldn't put myself or the others in danger to help some random stranger or
someone who was literally just shooting at me
. That's borderline insane. If I was in the group I would have definitely confronted Rick after that and said "alright enough's enough asshole, grow some balls and quit trying to kill us." It's one thing to look for a group member but doing the part I spoiler'd is too far.

I don't think it's borderline insane. One part of me would have
left the kid to die on the fence
another part though
would have thought, "Maybe he is an asshole because he had no choice being in the group he was in."

I also think that part of having a good group is to take care of each other. A bunch of logic all the time types are not going to stay a group very long imo. Logic isn't quite as objective as the word suggests.

You also mentioned that you were infuriated when
Rick killed Shane. Problem is that Rick had to take him out as Shane was intending to kill Rick. Fair enough if you ask me not to mention that I don't follow Shane's logic in making the decision to kill Rick either. Shane also put the group at risk helping the kid escape and then forcing everyone to go out on a wild goose chase to track the kid down.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I was the whipping boy last season and no doubt I will be all this year again, but I really don't like Michonne and that footage did nothing to dispel my concerns about her. As a non-comic reader it just comes across as pretty campy. It seems like a character lifted directly off the pages of a comic book in the most stereotypical sense and that is not a good thing in my eyes.

Derrick01

Banned
I don't think it's borderline insane. One part of me would have
left the kid to die on the fence
another part though
would have thought, "Maybe he is an asshole because he had no choice being in the group he was in."

I also think that part of having a good group is to take care of each other. A bunch of logic all the time types are not going to stay a group very long imo. Logic isn't quite as objective as the word suggests.

You also mentioned that you were infuriated when
Rick killed Shane. Problem is that Rick had to take him out as Shane was intending to kill Rick. Fair enough if you ask me not to mention that I don't follow Shane's logic in making the decision to kill Rick either. Shane also put the group at risk helping the kid escape and then forcing everyone to go out on a wild goose chase to track the kid down.

I just don't think that bleeding heart stuff would work in a real scenario. It'll work on a TV show where they can keep weak and terrible characters around forever if they wanted to but in the real world someone he rescued (especially if they were just trying to kill each other 5 minutes ago) or someone extremely fed up with him in the group would have shot him a long time ago by now. Probably someone like me or Shane if they weren't such good friends.

I'd like to see a montage of Rick's decisions and the horrible outcomes...

Starts with Rick telling the horse that the city is gonna be much safer "for horses too!", then cut to 50 zombies eating it.

Can we please get a scene in this show where somebody's in the woods about to be killed by a zombie and a fucking bear shows up and rips the zombie apart?

for a tv show, he is absolutely right. For the comic I never cared much.

I was the whipping boy last season and no doubt I will be all this year again, but I really don't like Michonne and that footage did nothing to dispel my concerns about her. As a non-comic reader it just comes across as pretty campy. It seems like a character lifted directly off the pages of a comic book in the most stereotypical sense and that is not a good thing in my eyes.
what don't you like? She is awesome to me. She uses the weapon I'd use in a zombie apocalypse as my main!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom