• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread V: The Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izick

I've bought 3 copies of ME1, and 2 copies of ME2 (both collector's editions).
Didn't buy ME3 lol

Weird, I didn't buy ME 3 either. I have just avoided it like an ex. Anyway, although we're both not familiar with ME 3, I think that it basically continues with the "galactic war" bullshit. Well, I've always wondered, what if they had just kept the games like ME 1, where everything felt a lot less...I don't know, "epic?" I liked the groundedness of it all. The world just felt like it was just going on as it always did; everything felt real. Places were dark and grimy, and it had a noire edge to it in a lot of places. I just think if it hadn't jumped to the whole war idea, it would have just been a lot better overall, and the story would have felt more organic.

Like I said, it's kind of hard to express what I mean.

Izick

I understand completely. I think ME1 was better than 2 in every way aside from performance and graphics.

Alright so you understand my mad ramblings then! It just felt weird, because we were basically soaking in this atmosphere and setting for all of ME 1, it was just great. That universe was amazing, it has to be up there with Star Wars and Trek in terms of fleshed out species, cultures, and just basic day-to-day tech.

It was just fantastic, and like I said earlier, it had this nice space-noire thing going on, that was sadly lost to the whole war story. I hope they do make more Mass Effect games, but only if they're like ME 1.

I would like it if Nintendo made a slight revisition to the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

That damn cable, that gehts caught on my armrests on the chair i game in needs to be gone! Gimme a wireless Nunchuck please!

Izick

I'm just preparing Nintendgaf for the regular controller future. At least you can't say you didn't see it coming. And when it comes, it shall be glorious.

Good morning,

So I went to bed at page 321, basically where the Twitter account of the TT guy disappeared.
What else happened?

Nothing special. just the usual:

NGaf: "YAY our 2 biggest concerns have been resolved!"
Rest of GAF: "Booo!! Its too big, i dont wanna screen in mah controller *boohooohooo*"

Why would anyone hate a screen in a controller... Their back to classic control sheme, but since its Nintebno it NEEDS to be hated before trying...

I'm just preparing Nintendgaf for the regular controller future. At least you can't say you didn't see it coming. And when it comes, it shall be glorious.

It won't be glorious. It'll be sad. I mean, I'll live. I'll just stop playing games that require aiming as a gameplay mechanic.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I want Nintendo to have a game that shows what the 2nd screen can do at lunch.

peter

Banned
Nothing special. just the usual:

NGaf: "YAY our 2 biggest concerns have been resolved!"
Rest of GAF: "Booo!! Its too big, i dont wanna screen in mah controller *boohooohooo*"

Why would anyone hate a screen in a controller... Their back to classic control sheme, but since its Nintebno it NEEDS to be hated before trying...

It won't be glorious. It'll be sad. I mean, I'll live. I'll just stop playing games that require aiming as a gameplay mechanic.

You know, everyone was excited when psp vita came with a big screen. But strange enough when nintendo comes with one for the console than its to big.

First of all. It looks bigger than it really is. Second, its not different than holding a handheld. Last, its nintendo, it will be confortable

Peru

First of all. It looks bigger than it really is. Second, its not different than holding a handheld.

It's nothing different from holding a regular controller. No one will think about its size while holding it. Made-up problem from haters.

squid

Yeah, I'm liking 'the undiscovered console'. I'm looking forward to the 'WiiU Launch OT: First Contact' thread later this year.

Long live Star Tr... I mean... Nintendo Video Game Consoles!

Izick

I can't take anymore speculation for today, someone tell me what the next rumor-of-the day is when I post tomorrow. I'm hoping that Eternal Darnkess 2 gets another shot. It had some real potential for hype-mongering.

You know, everyone was excited when psp vita came with a big screen. But strange enough when nintendo comes with one for the console than its to big.

First of all. It looks bigger than it really is. Second, its not different than holding a handheld. Last, its nintendo, it will be confortable

I don't know why you quoted me in that. First, I wasn't excited when PSP Vita came with a big screen. I couldn't care less.

Second, I'm sure it'll be decently comfortable. I do think it's funny how big the controller looks, but I just wish they went with an upgraded Wiimote and nunchuk.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
speculation of the day...
New controller grips will need more plastic materials to manufacture, causing Nintendo to make even more sacrifices in GPU performance.

Emitan

New controller grips will need more plastic materials to manufacture, causing Nintendo to make even more sacrifices in GPU performance.

With the amount of peripherals Nintendo abandons I think plastic costs is the last thing on their mind.

MY speculation:

The controller uses so much plastc, that Microsoft can't build the Nextbox/Xbox 8 with Avatar like graphics because they can't get enough plastic for a humongous beast (In size) of a console.

Xbox 360+ confirmed!

Terrell

I still think the best way to do a Nintendo crossover as far as an adventure/action game is concerned is having Star Fox travel to different planets.

Each planet is a different Nintendo world like the Mushroom Kingdom, Earthbound, Pokemon, Pikmin, Hyrule (Zelda), etc.

Kind of like Kingdom Hearts where each world is a different Disney movie theme.

I was always of the idea that it should be an RPG with multiple gameplay elements beyond turn-based and should weave the stories together.

Like finding out that the Metroids survived the explosion of Zebes on chunks of the planet, which travel across the galaxy and crash on planet Popstar, causing havoc for Kirby and his friends.

Or that the actions of Bowser in the Galaxy games caused a major space-time continuum rupture that accidentally brings characters from parallel worlds together and accidentally merges timelines together (i.e. finding out that the F-Zero universe is actually the future of the Kanto province in Pokemon, the residents of Animal Crossing are actually living in the pre-aeronautics Lylat System, drawing the Triforce out of the Golden Realm across universes and into the hands of another villain, etc)

There's TONS to be done there that I'm sure a great writing team could come up with.

Ono is falling on the sword for SFxT. I wonder if he even has access to next-gen systems anymore.

Wait, what's this about? What do you mean by "falling on the sword" exactly?

daakusedo

We've got a pic of the controller and after that at least three people that wanted to tell us what johnharker said last month. Guess we really have to thanks that brave QA tester.

After thinking hard about the rumored "Starfox meets Metroid" game i took my time thinking about it. It MAY work if they make it something like that:

Samus crash lands on a planet and theres a interstellar WAR on planets and through space. When she tries to make contact with someone to send an SOS, Starfox (Wich are on the Mission to end the war) replies and so the Universe gets tied together.

It would be like "Samus has to do deactivate sattelite X, so Starfox can advance". The next mission, Starfox crew advances and have to stop a Ship, bringing a deadly weapon to the planets surface, and so on...

This way it MIGHT work.

And it is Retro working on it, so i automatically give them a chance with anything they try.

But in the end. I still hope its not true...

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I was always of the idea that it should be an RPG with multiple gameplay elements beyond turn-based and should weave the stories together.

Like finding out that the Metroids survived the explosion of Zebes on chunks of the planet, which travel across the galaxy and crash on planet Popstar, causing havoc for Kirby and his friends.

Or that the actions of Bowser in the Galaxy games caused a major space-time continuum rupture that accidentally brings characters from parallel worlds together and accidentally merges timelines together (i.e. finding out that the F-Zero universe is actually the future of the Kanto province in Pokemon, the residents of Animal Crossing are actually living in the pre-aeronautics Lylat System, drawing the Triforce out of the Golden Realm across universes and into the hands of another villain, etc)

There's TONS to be done there that I'm sure a great writing team could come up with.
Captain N already exists. There's no need to go re-inventing the wheel. To bizarre and you'll turn people off.

All I've heard was something about cannibals.. and that he makes a good soup.

Terrell

Captain N already exists. There's no need to go re-inventing the wheel. To bizarre and you'll turn people off.

Captain N is an abomination of the 80s best left forgotten about.

What I proposed isn't that much weirder than what we got from Subspace Emissary, just more fleshed-out and working within pre-existing canon of all the games in funny ways.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Most hilarious troll ever

When Randy Pitchford said it was the best controller ever, he was referring to the circle pad version. Therefore, this new version suxorz.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
There are no good ideas for the Metroid x Star Fox crossover. Just varying intensities of pain and misery.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Does the d-pad and face button look bigger to anyone else on the new design?

Plus, I think the face buttons are more distanced between each other.

antonz

I would say Alberto is suggesting that Ono is taking all the blame for the bomb that was SFvT and is not in the good graces of capcom

There are no good ideas for the Metroid x Star Fox crossover. Just varying intensities of pain and misery.

I could imagine "Do A Barrel Roll!" taking on whole new meanings, and possibly a lot of humor all around.

But gameplay-wise, sure, there are interesting ideas there. But not any I'd prefer over a proper SF or Metroid game.

Emitan

Even if the game was switching between Star Fox 64 levels and Super Metroid/Metroid Prime sections it would still be terrible. I'd rather play one gameplay style for a whole game than randomly switching between them.

Even if the game was switching between Star Fox 64 levels and Super Metroid/Metroid Prime sections it would still be terrible. I'd rather play one gameplay style for a whole game than randomly switching between them.

Now that I think about it, in context to our little corner of time here on GAF discussing a SFxMetroid. How many of us pre-N64 would have loved the vague idea of Smash Bros? Without fully understanding the gameplay, controls and experience.

There are definitely cool things they could do (especially humor and parody-wise, we need more of that in games), but gameplay-wise there could be a real freeing of shackles in terms of where the gameplay/story/design can go, especially for a "Retro game". This idea does serve dual purposes. It provides a Retro revamp their known for, while at the same time allowing for a creative and artistic freedom we've all wanted.

That said, until I see it, it still sounds pretty stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom