• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2 - April High Quality New Screens, Boxart and Sex pic

Kyaw

Complistic said:
What on earth do you mean by that?

TW1's engine is based on the Aurora engine which isnt exactly the best optimised engine.
In fact its so badly optimised, it runs at about 35-45fps in the Trade Quarters even with a GTX480.

Minsc

Gold Member
dwebo said:
Eh, it's probably still 8+8. The Witcher on steam is like a 14gb download and about half of that is making-of videos and other junk IIRC.

1 game dvd is probably what they were targeting in case they do a console version later, too.

It'll be 8 + 8 compressed (before installing - download size), installed it will be larger, could be more like 16 + 8. Console version won't have the 2048x2048 textures as those require 1GB video ram (nor 1024x1024 textures, it'll probably use 512x512 and will save a ton of space).

dwebo

Minsc said:
It'll be 8 + 8 compressed (before installing - download size), installed it will be larger, could be more like 16 + 8. Console version won't have the 2048x2048 textures as those require 1GB video ram (nor 1024x1024 textures, it'll probably use 512x512 and will save a ton of space).
Then they should've said more than 16gb in the requirements. Also, I was already assuming 360 discs only use like 6.7gb or something.

I don't really care how big it ends up being though (my dsl cap OTOH...) - I'm sure it'll be content-packed!

Top Bottom