• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS debut trailer + screens + O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radogol

Looks amazing so far. Much more arcadey (streamlined!) but beautiful.

Reminds me of Uncharted 2 with swordplay and interactive cutscenes. I know, weird comparison and there's potential for the PC master race to be pissed of, but personally I can't wait to enter the world they're showing.

Radogol said:
Looks amazing so far. Much more arcadey (streamlined!) but beautiful. Reminds me of Uncharted 2 with swordplay and interactive cutscenes. I know, weird comparison and there's potential for the PC master race to be pissed of, but personally I can't wait to enter the world they're showing.
well yeah, that's a pretty trashy comparison. but I understand what you mean, the smoothness of animation transitions

Leonsito

I can't wait to have this game in my hands.

The first one is one of those games that I have always installed on my computer, and despite buying a lot of games and having an enormous backlog I still replay it every few months.

It's also the only game where I enjoyed alchemy, searching for recipes, ingredients, making potins was fucking fun.

The only thing I didn't like about the first one is that I got my ass beaten a lot of times in the fight in the first chapter till I realized that I was doing it wrong :lol

But the chapters in Wyzima, or the homages to Lovecraft were really incredible, the variety in quests and the amazing characters with amazing dialogues makes this one of the best WRPG ever, and the best is that these guys recognize that a lot of things were wrong, and promise to fix everything in this second part, and judging by those screens and vids, they are achieving it.

I hope this one has an incredible collector's edition like the first one, the art book was impressive, I just mixed the medallion in the spanish CE :(

Guys at CDProjekt.. you are awesome :D

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
shit.

I've deleted my saves because they were too big. And now they say you can import them. ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyway, it's a good reason to reinstall it, if I hadn't uploaded the saves on the flash drive where I store my ME chars.

Salaadin

subversus said:
shit.

I've deleted my saves because they were too big. And now they say you can import them. ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

Anyway, it's a good reason to reinstall it, if I hadn't uploaded the saves on the flash drive where I store my ME chars.

Whered you see this about save importing? Did I miss something?

subversus said:
shit.

Wait, what? Where?

Also, why didn't you keep your most recent 3 or something like that?

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
derFeef said:
Please tell me someone is recording this and putting it up on youtube or someplace else later. Please!
Yes, we need this mirrored on the internet like now. Get to it, minions.

subversus

Salaadin said:
Whered you see this about save importing? Did I miss something?

it's from russian translation of devs interview in polish. And no, I don't think that this kind of big thing was misinterpreted:

I'll give a brief rundown:

-The story takes place right after the events of the first game
-Geralt will have flashbacks to the events that took place between his "death" and the beginnig of the first game. (I think that's why he looks so young in cutscenes)
-You can import saves from the first game - choices, money, goods and skills.
-there is only one fighting style now but with a great wealth of combos - parry, riposte, jumps and so on
-there are three ways to expand your char - a mage, an alchemist, a warrior
-Geralt will have AI companions!
-You'll have limited time to choose what you say during dialogues. If you can't choose in time the game will make a choice for you and it'll be based on your walkthrough style.
-You can meditate everywhere and everytime but meditation can be interrupted by an enemy.
-The main quest without any sidequest missions will take you 25-30 hours to complete.
-There will be 4 main fractions - skojatels, village people, traders, elves and I don't how you call them in english - red people aka dwarfs. Every faction will have its own agenda and missions for Geralt.

subversus said:

Wait, we can import our original Witcher save? Any more info on this? Is this ME1 - ME2 style where actions in the first effect the sequel, cause that would be epic.

EDIT: beaten 10 times over.

Van Owen

Banned
Fuck, they're carrying choices from the first game too? Makes me regret doing a clean install of Windows 7. Might have to do another run.

Which means I gotta download like 15GB on Steam. :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I like the sound of all that. Good to see that the combat will be more involved. The fighting styles were kind of annoying as a method to create variation.

Confirmed for consoles:

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/25/the-witcher-2-heading-to-consoles/

The Witcher 2 heading to consoles

thewitcher.jpg

CD Projekt has revealed during its spring conference today, that The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be heading to consoles as well as PC.

This means that for the first time, PS3 and Xbox 360 owners will be able to play as Geralt on their consoles – which confirms what senior producer Tomasz Gop told GRY-OnLine back in September of last year.

Originally, the first Witcher game was slated to land on consoles with the subtitle Rise of the White Wolf. However, it was canceled along with an unnamed Witcher project due to the economic climate forcing the studio make some cut-backs.

The Witcher 2 has been floating around for sometime now, but was only formally announced this week.

It’s slated for release in 2011.

subversus

ok, Kosma can deny or confirm these facts

here is the interview

polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95338,7695190,Zaden_plotek_nie_zatrzyma_Geralta__czyli_nasze_wrazenia.html

subversus said:
it's from russian translation of devs interview in polish. And no, I don't think that this kind of big thing was misinterpreted:

I'll give a brief rundown:

-The story takes place right after the events of the first game
-Geralt will have flashbacks to the events that took place between his "death" and the beginnig of the first game. (I think that's why he looks so young in cutscenes)
-You can import saves from the first game - choices, money, goods and skills.
-there is only one fighting style now but with a great wealth of combos - parry, riposte, jumps and so on
-You'll have limited time to choose what you say during dialogues. If you can't choose in time the game will make a choice for you and it'll be based on your walkthrough style.
-You can meditate everywhere and everytime but meditation can be interrupted by an enemy.
-The main quest without any sidequest missions will take you 25-30 hours to complete.
-There will be 4 main fractions - skojatels, village people, traders, elves and I don't how you call them in english - red people aka dwarfs. Every faction will have its own agenda and missions for Geralt.

I love the sound of all of this. Can't wait.

Kosma

Banned
subversus said:
ok, Kosma can deny or confirm these facts

here is the interview

polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95338,7695190,Zaden_plotek_nie_zatrzyma_Geralta__czyli_nasze_wrazenia.html

Yeah importing saves is in.

-You'll keep your loot and the career path you were on.

-Game is 60% complete now.

-Game is shorter (25/30 hours for the main campaign) but more intense. No fetch quests.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
derFeef said:
Hm. Do not know if this is good.

I wouldn't worry. Given the success of the original on the PC alone, it's safe to subscribe to the notion CDP's highest priority (assuming the ports aren't being outsourced) is the experience as it's had on said platform. Put those worries of "consolitis" to rest!

derFeef

JaseC said:
I wouldn't worry. Given the success of the original on the PC alone, it's safe to subscribe to the notion CDP's highest priority (assuming the ports aren't being outsourced) is the experience as it's had on said platform. Put those worries of "consolitis" to rest!
I know, their hidden message made me think like that as well, but it leaves a negative connotation. In the end, it turned out good with Dragon Age too.

raphier

Banned
So the combat's even simplier now or something? Gotta see more info about this.
Oh fuck no! I really like the way this was handled in the first one. I refuse to to be half-mage or half-warrior, why can't I be all of them? The major problem I see in all the RPG games, they refuse you to learn everything, which I don't like, because it feels like I'm going to miss something. I hope this doesn't change that way.
This kills me. I've always thought Gerald as a lone traveller. Besides, AI companions suck! except Alyx.
Confirmed for consoles.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo . . .

derFeef

raphier said:
Oh fuck no! I really like the way this was handled in the first one. I refuse to to be half-mage or half-warrior, why can't I be all of them? The major problem I see in all the RPG games, they refuse you to learn everything, which I don't like, because it feels like I'm going to miss something. I hope this doesn't change that way.

It said "expand". I think this means it is like in the first one.

subversus

2 raphier:

AI companions rule! I like Bioware games.

And it's GREAT to be not able to learn everything. That's all RPGs are about.

Dragon Age was also confirmed for consoles BTW. Don't be so jealous :)

Shorter, with simpler combat and "AI" companions, for consoles.

Hmmm.

Well, at least save importation gives me an excuse to replay the original nearer the time.

forrest

formerly nacire
"(ready facial expression system is done based on this head)"

This is the one reason I wasn't expecting them to change the mesh of the head. However a lot can be done in the texture so I will save final judgement till then.

syllogism

It has pretty much been known for ages it will get ported to consoles, but it's also fairly obvious they are working on the PC version first and perhaps let someone else do the port.

Figures. I deleted all of my saved games a few months ago because the files size on them were ridiculously huge and I had to save often so the random crashes didn't screw me. Figured I played it twice so I didn't need them anymore :p

Vlodril

Great news about the import of the old saves. Didnt expect that(I just started a second playthrough too , nice timing). As for the class system and the party system we ll have to to wait and see. I kind of liked the whole lone wolf thing and that it didnt take most of the usual spin on rpgs but i am keeping an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom