• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS debut trailer + screens + O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

We get more tomorrow? Shit, this week just keeps getting better and better. Between this and 3DS, I dont know what to do with myself.

forrest

formerly nacire
Those screens look amazing! Still not understanding the face change. His new look feels uninspired while the old Geralt had soo much character! Anyhow, great looking stuff will buy! :D

It's funny how hard I was jizzing my pants over Dragon Age, and now these screenshots come out and shit all over DA.

Please don't delay this thing a million times. :D

HOLY

SHIT

(O___o)

...feel bad now that I got bored with first one. Started off really slow and never found my way back to it =/

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
AgentOtaku said:
HOLY

SHIT

(O___o)

...feel bad now that I got bored with first one. Started off really slow and never found my way back to it =/

Game *really* picks up after the end of chapter 1.

I love you CD Projekt. You are kings among men. If this game is a tenth
Yes, I went there.
as good as the original, console gamers should be in for a treat.

"Now prepare for more RPG greatness" sounds awful...

As the post above states, right after the first chapter, the game picks up quite a bit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
TouchMyBox said:
It's funny how hard I was jizzing my pants over Dragon Age, and now these screenshots come out and shit all over DA.

Please don't delay this thing a million times. :D

...can't people like two different things anymore? Has the internet killed that, or what?:lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Those screenshots are incredible. This is now my most anticipated game. Damn I love me some good western RPGs. I really hope it comes out this year.

WanderingWind

AgentOtaku said:
I know man, I keep hearing that =/

Need to reinstall I guess...

The story gets slightly better, but the combat continues to suck throughout. I'm anxious for the second one, but I have zero desire to go back to the first one.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Acosta said:
Welcome to Poland.

I can grant you Polish developers don't need to look for american actress for inspirations, they just need to look outside the window of their offices.

Yup, Polish women are some of the most beautiful women on the planet <3

Salaadin

What was wrong with the combat in the first? It wasnt groundbreaking but I wouldnt call it bad. I liked how you actually had to pay attention if you wanted to string combos and get the most out of it.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I just hope they make the combat and skill progression more compelling. I felt both were pretty weak in The Witcher. The combat was boring for the lack of skill and thought it took. I'm not sure how far I got in it, but I never really got into the game. I felt like I was running errands most of the time. I think I'm on my first visit to the swamps.

Twig

Banned
WanderingWind said:
...can't people like two different things anymore? Has the internet killed that, or what?:lol
Yeah because what he said at all implies that he now hates Dragon Age.

wat

It looks great. The first game was excellent, but I'm interested to see how they improve on some of its shortcomings. Hopefully the combat has a bit more depth to it and they expand the amount of armor and equipment available. And maybe they can rely a little less on cutscenes/exposition to show the consequences of your decisions.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh my god at those screens and concept art. You guys hit it out da park with that amazing art style. Day one, with Limited Edition Paid in Full as soon as It's up.

WanderingWind

Twig said:
Yeah because what he said at all implies that he now hates Dragon Age.

wat

Yeah monkey fig newton drove Tesla to groudykillington.

So what do we want from a sequel? For me, I'd take the original with a better engine and a completely overhauled combat system. Just about everything else was great in the first.

burgerdog

I made it to chapter 2 in TW1 and the investigation just bogged down the game too much for me. That and I did so many side quests that I forgot what I was supposed to be doing in the first place and the quest log is a bit confusing. Is there less side quests or easier story progression post ch2?

dionysus

Yaldog
burgerdog said:
I made it to chapter 2 in TW1 and the investigation just bogged down the game too much for me. That and I did so many side quests that I forgot what I was supposed to be doing in the first place and the quest log is a bit confusing. Is there less side quests or easier story progression post ch2?

You don't have to do side quests ya know.

And personally, I like Witcher's rhythm based combat system to other arpg combat systems like seen in Risen and god awful Oblivion. Hiding behind a shield and then counter attacking is pretty boring.

burgerdog said:

The plot is good in the game, but there is a fair amount of filler in the game that slows down plot development. Even outside of sidequests the plot doesn't move along very quickly until the end.

DangerStepp

EviLore said:
Game *really* picks up after the end of chapter 1.

Word. Plus, the chapters are more realized and get much longer and interesting as the game progresses.

It's a pretty thick game. I can't recall the last time I devoted that much time to a single player RPG, but I'm extremely stoked off of this news.

Edit: And yes... DAY EFFING ONE!! I adored the first one!

Dennis

Banned
I am rather surprised the thread got this long already. I didn't know the first game had such a following on GAF.

Kryten

DennisK4 said:
I am rather surprised the thread got this long already. I didn't know the first game had such a following on GAF.

Treating your customers with respect and maturity gets you a long way, particularly when it comes to grown up RPGs.

The Witcher is pretty much my favorite WRPG of all-time. I don't know what it is but CDProjekt really knows how to make traditional WRPG's. I enjoyed The Witcher more than any Black Isle game.

Day One!

Vagabundo

Add me to the group that never made it past the first chapter. And I really disliked the combat system's timed click thing.

Maybe the sequel will be better out of the gate.

raphier

Banned
Ulairi said:
Has anyone read the Witcher books? How is the translation? I'm thinking about downloading them to my Kindle.
I've only read the first one in russian, don't know how well they're translated in other languages, but I had a blast with this one.

Thankfully when the first one came about I didn't have much of a backlog. If that weren't the case, I could easily see myself giving up on the game early on. Once the initial allure of the game wore off, it became quite the trek until the game became all kinds of awesome.

I think I only changed one piece of equipment throughout the entire game though. :lol

Hasphat6462 said:
Get it. It's like 17 bucks on Amazon right now.

I just made my buddy dl the first off gamersgate for $19.99.

It's the original though, so you have to install five patches to make it all shiny.

Salacious Crumb

AmericanNinja said:
I've been thinking about getting the witcher but now that the witcher 2 is coming should I wait to get that instead?

Seeing as though this seems to be a direct sequel, you should really play the first game, not only in readiness for this game, but because it is one of the greatest games of the last decade.

Hasphat6462 said:
Get it. It's like 17 bucks on Amazon right now.

Doomslayer said:
Seeing as though this seems to be a direct sequel, you should really play the first game, not only in readiness for this game, but because it is one of the greatest games of the last decade.

ok cool. I'll buy it. :D

falastini

Anyone who gave up during the first chapter... I urge you to give it another chance. I tried the demo (which is mostly chp. 1?) and never really got into it. I didn't put much thought into it until steam had that $20 sale. It seemed like a good deal, so I bought it and gave it a second go. After the first few chapters it really did take off. Easily one of my favorite games that year, and possibly my favorite RPG in a while.

Really looking forward to the sequel.

Also people complaining that Geralt looks too "human" for a witcher... none of the other witchers were as pale as him either. His new look is fine. I could go either way, but the engine is gorgeous.

Stuck

The Witcher really was an excellent game and CD Projekt did a fantastic job supporting it over time. For that alone, I'm looking forward to picking up the sequel (the outstanding new art/screens is just the icing on the cake).

Huggy

The combat in the first game was cursed. On the lower difficulties it was completely brain dead clicking, and on higher difficulties you had to rely on boring ass alchemy.

I was eagerly awaiting the console version with it's adjusted combat mechanics, which seemed more up my alley.
I have the Steam version I bought for 8 dollars now, but I don't know. Might try it again. Some day. Maybe.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well i think they pretty much put everything in their they needed to to sell it. Titties, critical acclaim, big bosses, nice graphics.

Im buying it, rest of you bitches better buy it, not pirate it, fricken pc users smh

screenshots up on the 1c site http://games.1c.ru/witcher2/?type=gallery mostly the same as gamespot ones. except this one? edit: oh I guess a couple are a bit different

witcher2_1.jpg

:)~

witcher2_5.jpg

witcher2_3.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
~Kinggi~ said:
Well i think they pretty much put everything in their they needed to to sell it. Titties, critical acclaim, big bosses, nice graphics.

Im buying it, rest of you bitches better buy it, not pirate it, fricken pc users smh

Yes, cause all the rest of us are filthy pirates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom