• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

Mrbob

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

Boooo. Have a TV mode for PC that has the same GUI and HUD elements as found on console.

Beefy

I hope they bring out a patch for The Missing Brother quest. It glitched out on me and I got a instant fail as soon as I accepted the quest.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They're rolling the XP fix into the big 1.05 patch which is scheduled for Tuesday or Wednesday on PC.
I hope they can push a console hotfix or something through before 1.04. I've just been exploring and doing grey quests in the mean time.

BouncyFrag

I want to move on to the Novigrad main quest mission. Is it best to wait for the patch since its got a nasty glitch?

Agreed. I have my PC hooked to my TV, so I'd like to have the console UI. Why not make it an option on the PC?

It's definitely a weird omission. Does no one test games on TVs that are further than 4 feet away? It's like they do everything on monitors connected to dev kits and ship without bothering UI testing on televisions.

RedAssedApe

Banned
zdlNA4N.gif

How I feel whenever I am away from this game. Body is so ready to get back into it forgot to put on my clothes. Stupid xp bug...

On a side note, I recall someone saying you can respect your pts. How? Where?

Blastoise

Banned
Hopefully they don't fix the seashell money making scam.

I've got 18,000 crowns, and have the possibility of another 20,000 (just need to find merchants with more coin).

Ishida

Banned

I've got 18,000 crowns, and have the possibility of another 20,000 (just need to find merchants with more coin).

Don't bother with the Merchants. Visit the loan shark. He has unlimited money and you can sell all your pearls in minutes.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How I feel whenever I am away from this game. Body is so ready to get back into it forgot to put on my clothes. Stupid xp bug...

On a side note, I recall someone saying you can respect your pts. How? Where?

This happened to me with Yennefer in a cutscene shortly after that. She was walking through a big party naked until she passed behind a column and then her dress appeared.

You don't really need it though. I have about 23,000 just playing the game legitimately. There's really not much out there to spend your money on.

Jolkien

What difficulty are you playing on? I spend a grand on water and bread alone when I go into town.

I guess it depends on how you play. I play on Death March since the beginning and I never had to buy food. I almost bought some in White Orchard at the start but I found the swallow recipe.

There's so much alcohol in the game, I have over 120 dwarven spirits alone and like 20'ish alcohest.

I have 50k on blood and broken bones, towards the end, and no glitches used. Money was tight for the first few hours, then it became pointless. The Witcher gear sets are so good that I never had the need to buy any gear.

What difficulty are you playing on? I spend a grand on water and bread alone when I go into town.

Rest more and kill deer whenever you see them with an igni or a crossbow. Raw meats for days.

Buy the perk to regen (slower than food but welcome) during the day. Then what you find by looting should be more than enough

Question, does that need to equipped into a slot or is it a passive that just works. I haven't skilled any of those.

Jolkien

Rest more and kill deer whenever you see them with an igni or a crossbow. Raw meats for days.

Question, does that need to equipped into a slot or is it a passive that just works. I haven't skilled any of those.

Any skills in any tab need to be equipped. Along with the passive regen skill I strongly suggest the one where you can use adrenaline if your stamina is not full to cast a sign. I also always run with one of the armor one (either light, medium or heavy) I try to focus to have my full gear set of a certain weight class those talent are extremely potent as well.

molnizzle

Boooo. Have a TV mode for PC that has the same GUI and HUD elements as found on console.

Yeah this absolutely infuriates me. Especially in 2015 when we have Steamboxes and the like. Does CDPR think everyone is still hunched over a little monitor at their desk? My gaming PC has never even been connected to a monitor. o_O

wat

Swallow breh, c'mon now. Food items only exist to be sold to vendors. ;-)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Yeah this absolutely infuriates me. Especially in 2015 when we have Steamboxes and the like. Does CDPR think everyone is still hunched over a little monitor at their desk? My gaming PC has never even been connected to a monitor. o_O

Yeah this is really BS. I can imagine it being hard to allow full UI customization, but if you have 2 different UI sizes that you have already made, just put an option in the menu to switch between them.

Maybe they are afraid that those rivet counter PC guys will scream consolization if they even so much as see the option in the menu.

Any skills in any tab need to be equipped. Along with the passive regen skill I strongly suggest the one where you can use adrenaline if your stamina is not full to cast a sign. I also always run with one of the armor one (either light, medium or heavy) I try to focus to have my full gear set of a certain weight class those talent are extremely potent as well.

But then I'd lose out on my sign boost :|

CGwizz

I want them to fix the most importante thing, the garbage framerate on ps4.

FFS they said patch 1.01 would fix the fucking problem and here we are, playing with less than 20 fps in novigrad and the swamps, other places drop less but all the time too.
What a technical mess.

Voodo shamans... yea right...

Aces&Eights

You don't really need it though. I have about 23,000 just playing the game legitimately. There's really not much out there to spend your money on.

This. I have zero things to buy in the game at level 17. I can craft any sword I want and even have the stuff to craft level 37 armor and swords if I wanted to. Can't buy houses, I have a shit load of bolts, armor and weapon repair is pennies, been using the same gear for 7 levels, I mean, really, what the hell is there to even spend money on? I have about 8k and after every side quest I sell the weapons from my dead foes and make another 1k. In my alchemy tab, I have like 47 of this powder stuff that goes for 454 coin PER PILE.

Am I missing something? (Still in Velen, haven't gone to islands)

Exentryk

Same. I don't even own a monitor XD

Does anyone have a list of how much XP each quest offers? I've only started playing the game under the latest patch and have been getting the no XP bug repeatedly. I'll use a farming method to bring myself back up to the appropriate level given that CDPR are apparently incapable of doing that.

omonimo

Banned
Should I wait for the patch first before starting?
You have to wait 6 month minimun to have a patch which solve the most issues, my bet. Surely, the situation it's better now but I'm not expect important improvement in the next patch. They should release this game in autumn/winter imho, on ps4 at least. Well without rain and different source light, fps it's absolutely acceptable.

Vamp

How is the game without any patches on ps4? I don't have internet access so i am thinking should i buy it or not.

Ushay

So I'm playing on Death March difficulty and wondering what the best Witcher Set would be best for a Rend build with Alchemy/Signs mixed in?

Top Bottom