• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

Goteki_45

On console I don't mind the current size of the GUI, but please hopefully they fix the loading times, loading into a game takes too long, I know the game is huge but surely they can make the loading process a little quicker.

Don't know if anyone else has this problem,but when walking up to a NPC to talk to them, the game loads up the environment and there is at least a 6-8 second delay for the interaction button to appear above their heads before I can talk to them.

Sweep14

Bought the game day one on PS4 but will patiently wait till summer before really starting it. Should be OK by then
then

Forkball

A-men

The load times are BRUTAL, and even reloads when you're in the same area and die fighting a boss are ridiculous, there has to be some kind of fix for that.
The load times are comically short on PC. You can't even read the tip half the time. I fear CDPR is just inexperienced at console development, but they are putting in a lot of effort to make their game a better experience.

Bought the game day one on PS4 but will patiently wait till summer before really starting it. Should be OK by then
then

It's a great game anyway. It got it's reviews on a PS4 with the day 1 patch.

A few frame drops in a big open world RPG is expected.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
The load times are comically short on PC. You can't even read the tip half the time. I fear CDPR is just inexperienced at console development, but they are putting in a lot of effort to make their game a better experience.

Yup I really can't imagine this game on consoles. It's like night and day between the pc by the sounds of it.

2 Weeks in and I'm still having a blast even with all the weird glitches and long loading screens. But I'll definitely wait for all patches before I start my 2nd playthrough on Death March, lord knows I'll spend more time watching loading screens than playing the game.

spuckthew

Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.

What's the reason behind this change? As long as I can scale it down I don't care but I am worried that a fixed enlargement will take up more screen real-estate than is already being consumed.

Staf

Is there a ETA for patch yet?
Waiting to play the game until its out!

Same here. Noticed during the weekend that i didn't get experience reward for a main quest i saw on youtube another guy got. I've put the game on hold until it's fixed, already going through withdrawals...

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is the xp bug only on ps4? or is it all platforms? if so then does it only happen at a certain stage of the game? i seem to be getting xp quite often. nearly at level 6. seems to be going up quickly.

Xater

I probably should not have bought this game on launch. Now I am almost done and wish I had all the fixes when I started.

According to sources in the PC performance thread, the patch won't be out until Tuesday or Wednesday for pc, longer for consoles. Shit I know.

Oh dang, well I guess a few days more. I'll just keep playing til I hit the xp problem - I'm still in white orchard so I don't have it as bad as others.

I want that stutter gone though.

shandy706

Lol damn, and I just went through the trouble of editing the input.ini to add a 3 second delay to ignite and extinguish candles

Glad to hear they are committed to patching this game tho. Wonder if we'll get XP refunds for the bug

I saw the bug a couple times yesterday. I just gave myself 150xp through the debug console each time.

Not sure what the XP should have been, but 150 is better than nothing.

I get really quick load times when fast-traveling (on PC, installed on an SSD), but dying out in the wilderness and loading a save often takes more like 20 seconds. Every now and then I'll have one where it feels like it loads for 10-15 seconds with just a black screen, then the usual loading cutscene will come up and play for another 10-15 before I'm back in the game.

camac002

A-men

The load times are BRUTAL, and even reloads when you're in the same area and die fighting a boss are ridiculous, there has to be some kind of fix for that.

Yes, quite frustrating because you can actually fast travel within the maps quickly, in 10+ seconds, yet if you accidentally die from ridiculous fall damage your punishment is a minute long pre-patch-bloodborne respawn.

I was hoping the UI size changes would be a toggle, since I found it to be perfect as it is. At least it seems that they changed it less on PC than on consoles

Christ... I appreciate their hard work, but this glitch amongst many others has had me avoiding the game rather than play it.

I honestly don't really understand why they think holding off on the hotfix is wise when so many people are really bent out of shape because of that one specific issue.

I agree, it's not so bad for me, I can add the xp I haven't been getting retroactively. You're shit out of luck on consoles though, and for an rpg to have an xp glitch is pretty fucking dire.

I can wait for the other fixes, but I'd like to not have to sit here with a pen and notepad writing down all of the quests that gave me jack shit and then having to look them up on YouTube to see how much xp I should have got.

Bluenoser

My biggest issue with the technical performance of this game is the way that data streams from the HDD. I suspect this is at least partially responsible for some of the frame rate problems, or at least the "hiccups" you see while moving around.

It also causes issues like textures not loading, NPCs popping in, NPC dialogue boxes delay, mini map configuration delay, or not showing up at all, world map taking long time to pop up, and a host of other issues.

It seems like sometimes the game can't keep up with what the player is doing. To me this is more frustrating and immersion-breaking than anything else. So is there anything I can do on my end to help resolve it? Will upgrading to a new HDD help? I already tried rebuilding the database, and that didn't really make a difference- maybe the game just isn't optimized enough?

The problem really didn't become *bad* until Novigrad. White Orchard, there really wasn't a problem. Velen introduced longer loading times and the slower world map, as well as lag in the menu system (maybe because of the amount of crap I had collected?).

At the end of the day, it really boggles my mind how CDPR QA team did not discover these issues and implement fixes. There's no way they were unaware of these things when the game shipped. Did they think the players wouldn't notice?

whyman

So no XP patch today? Oh FFS CDPR! Well I just lost all good will for this company. They know the consumers wanted the hotfix today, that people are not playing because of this, yet they hold it back. What a BS lazy move.

Mifec

So no XP patch today? Oh FFS CDPR! Well I just lost all good will for this company. They know the consumers wanted the hotfix today, that people are not playing because of this, yet they hold it back. What a BS lazy move.

Because it was impossible to get it out today?

camac002

My biggest issue with the technical performance of this game is the way that data streams from the HDD. I suspect this is at least partially responsible for some of the frame rate problems, or at least the "hiccups" you see while moving around.

Not a lot you can do except wait to see if they fix it like GTA5 which had the same problem but is fine now.

At the end of the day, it really boggles my mind how CDPR QA team did not discover these issues and implement fixes. There's no way they were unaware of these things when the game shipped. Did they think the players wouldn't notice?

Yes, I've finished the game and there's key fixed moments (final battle etc,) that can run sub-standard and I'm shocked they let them through like that. I can understand it being harder to test the random open world but crucial cutscenes and fixed gameplay moments is where I'm less forgiving. The game definitely came in too hot.

Istaerion

I agree, it's not so bad for me, I can add the xp I haven't been getting retroactively. You're shit out of luck on consoles though, and for an rpg to have an xp glitch is pretty fucking dire.

I can wait for the other fixes, but I'd like to not have to sit here with a pen and notepad writing down all of the quests that gave me jack shit and then having to look them up on YouTube to see how much xp I should have got.

Yeah, I might just have to do the same since I'm actually itching to play the game. I rather not have to do it, but it seems the cards are pointing to them holding off on the hotfix rather than release it today... otherwise why mention it at all?

Because it was impossible to get it out today?

I wouldn't say impossible since it seems to be a choice rather than an issue of inability. I can see their reasoning, however, I don't think the reasoning is very sound considering just how many people are upset over that one specific issue.

I do believe that one chap is overreacting though.

shandy706

Haha

I assume this is a joke post/false anger?

Has anyone experienced this slow motion bug? After using anything that slows down time (crossbow, horse combat, etc) the game stays slowed down until you reload the game. I noticed there wasn't any mention of this being fixed so I don't know how widespread it is. It's preventing me from using a good portion of the combat mechanics :(

Has anyone experienced this slow motion bug? After using anything that slows down time (crossbow, horse combat, etc) the game stays slowed down until you reload the game. I noticed there wasn't any mention of this being fixed so I don't know how widespread it is. It's preventing me from using a good portion of the combat mechanics :(

I haven't experienced that one, but ones kind of similar.

After leaving a building, the camera got stuck in the close up interior mode (reload fixed it). A few times when I have mounted Roach, the camera has freaked out and constantly wants to move up (reload fixed it every time). After swimming, the under water sound effects stayed, even when I got out of the lake and was wondering around on land (again, reload fixed it). And last night after leaving one of the towns it wouldn't let me double tap to gallop, I could only hold down A to trot (I got fed up and just turned it off, so not sure if reloading has fixed it, I bloody hope so).

I probably should not have bought this game on launch. Now I am almost done and wish I had all the fixes when I started.
I think that I'm pretty much done buying ANY game at launch after this constant parade of game breaking bugs in games at launch.

And yes, if you build an RPG that only gives limited opportunities for XP and those already limited opportunities are further limited by a bug - that's game-breaking. That's the sort of thing you build into a game for pirated versions.

I haven't experienced that one, but ones kind of similar.

After leaving a building, the camera got stuck in the close up interior mode (reload fixed it). A few times when I have mounted Roach, the camera has freaked out and constantly wants to move up (reload fixed it every time). After swimming, the under water sound effects stayed, even when I got out of the lake and was wondering around on land (again, reload fixed it). And last night after leaving one of the towns it wouldn't let me double tap to gallop, I could only hold down A to trot (I got fed up and just turned it off, so not sure if reloading has fixed it, I bloody hope so).

Seems like there's an issue with updating the gamestate. In both our issues the game thinks we're doing something we're not doing anymore.

Christ... I appreciate their hard work, but this glitch amongst many others has had me avoiding the game rather than play it.

I honestly don't really understand why they think holding off on the hotfix is wise when so many people are really bent out of shape because of that one specific issue.

There are SO many quests that it really isn't an issue. I'm massively over-levelled already and have been using this opportunity to simply explore Velen. You still get XP for killing monsters, destroying nests, restoring villages, all those side objectives.

Also, not all locations are marked as "?" points of interest. I've been exploring in areas without any points of interest on the map and found forest graveyards, abandoned ruins, prowling draconids, stone circles on remote islands, loads of loot.

Don't hold back just because main and side quests don't grant you XP!

Top Bottom