• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Battle at the Big Bridge, you're still my enemy!

Playing with the stylus that came with the first game. I just can't play without it. It's the perfect thickness and has nice little grooves. I would cry if I lost this stylus lol!
Haven't been able to play much since I got it Saturday, I downloaded the digital copy which literally took all day long, transferred from my physical copy and just started it back up.
I'm at 5,667 rhytmia so far. Grabbed all the DLC of course :)

suzu

lol I suck so bad I can't do well on expert.

Hmmm will it kick me later in the ass with unlocking content if I just stick on beginner or whatever?

Practice makes perfect! I suck at this game too.

Well, you only need to accumulate a ton of RM to unlock things. Playing on harder difficulties just rewards more RM. Quest Medley will likely get more difficult as you progress though.

My god, whyI suck so bad at the EMS ?

Welcome to the club~

I have 4100 and I don't have it yet. I've done 5 or 6 individual songs and 3 short Quests.

Maybe try playing a bit in Versus mode too. It should show up on the bottom of the title screen once it's unlocked.

Ohnuki

Missed out on the first 3DS release, ended up picking the IOS one up and putting in almost 20 bucks (I'm an idiot) - will def be downloading once I get my charger back (forgot it at my gf's...)

Looks like i'm in for quite the deal if all the originals stuff is there (for the most part), I really wish they would have song packs (at discounts over a la carte) instead ;/

pariah164

Got an A on the FFX-2 EMS.

Ain't even mad. I still hate EMS levels. Good to know some things haven't changed from the first game.

Anustart

Battle at the Big Bridge, you're still my enemy!

Playing with the stylus that came with the first game. I just can't play without it. It's the perfect thickness and has nice little grooves. I would cry if I lost this stylus lol!
Haven't been able to play much since I got it Saturday, I downloaded the digital copy which literally took all day long, transferred from my physical copy and just started it back up.
I'm at 5,667 rhytmia so far. Grabbed all the DLC of course :)

Battle at the big bridge and I have a history as well. Such a fun song though.

Xenthar

Been playing for 3 hours straight, so addictive!

I tried every control method and the only one that does'nt make my hands feel weird after a song is slidepad + R. I don't even have big hand but the original 3ds is so tiny.

I'm quite surprised about the amount of content in the game. Got hyped after watching a trailer a while ago and it was enough to know i needed this game day 1. Not disappointed at all!!

Battle at the big bridge and I have a history as well. Such a fun song though.

It really is! One of these days, I'll pass the ultimate score.
Unlocked the EMS for Type-0, spent half the song staring at the movie rather then the notes. Good stuff.
Finally unlocked Auron, he will be going straight into my party now.

Rotating arrow triggers can go fuck off. D:
Heh, those were always a pain. But the trick is to do the opposite direction when they appear. If I remember correctly from playing the first game.

Anyway, for some reason I haven't been able to unlock vs. mode yet. I've done at least one quest an did the first 3 games in the music series. I probably just need rhythm points.

Picked this up this morning and am not disappointed whatsoever. I felt that the original game was already loaded with content, even before DLC (which I'm really glad I didn't buy), and Curtain Call just seems like the same times 20. I loved the button controls in the demo, but after playing some of the more challenging Ultimate scores I'm not so sure. I definitely prefer the stylus for FMS, but for BMS stages I've largely been choosing on a song-by-song basis, especially after I know what to expect chart-wise. Having such a massive song library is going to make grinding out RM in Quest Medley a hell of a lot more fun than churning through Dark Notes.

Online VS mode was an awesome awesome addition, and I plan to play a good bit of that now before all the player base disappears. Really glad to see that EMS songs no longer have the framerate issues that oddly plagued the first game. I also really appreciate some of the small changes that were made to streamline the whole game a bit, such as all 4 party members leveling up at once rather than one at a time and having to mash A through all of that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Quick heads-up, those two free DLC songs are only free until the 30th. There's also a few other songs up at the moment, all $0.99.

BMS:

- Shuffle or Boogie (VIII)
- Blitz Off! (X)
- Tough Battle #2 (XI)

FMS:

- Library of Ancients (V)
- Kuon: Memories of Waves (X-2)
- Crazy Chocobo (XIII-2)

....I still hate how I can't preview the song, so I gotta go to YouTube to hear it.

Also, the only character you can buy at the moment (also $0.99) is Yuffie (VII).

Kurtofan

Quick heads-up, those two free DLC songs are only free until the 30th. There's also a few other songs up at the moment, all $0.99.

BMS:

- Shuffle or Boogie (VIII)
- Blitz Off! (X)
- Tough Battle #2 (XI)

FMS:

- Library of Ancients (V)
- Kuon: Memories of Waves (X-2)
- Crazy Chocobo (XIII-2)

....I still hate how I can't preview the song, so I gotta go to YouTube to hear it.

Also, the only character you can buy at the moment (also $0.99) is Yuffie (VII).

You can preview the songs on the official website.

Are the songs in this game all full songs or cut off?

I just got my copy in the mail with the CD included but since I forgot about preordering it I don't know if I want it or not yet. Might send it back.

Pangya

Rotating arrow triggers can go fuck off. D:

It's not so bad on Expert (basically like the chaos maps from the 1st game), but Ultimate can get really hectic. I'm still not used to them on Ultimate.

By the way, if anyone wants maps like this:

BxjqItLCAAAo1Y3.jpg

Send me a PM and I'll pass them on in versus mode. I got a couple of them from playing random Japanese people the past couple of days :D

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This is it guys!
After a whole day of waiting and I fired it up only to discover dumb tutorials (can't u read my savedata for vanilla Threatrhuthm, SquEnix?)

Ordered some dominos and am about to burn through the game for the rest of the night.

Life's good, GAF!

Oh man, versus mode is a lot of fun with some of the crazier boosts thrown in. Limiting myself to Expert for the moment so I don't get totally thrashed, though. I can see myself sinking so many hours into this game...

linko9

YES! Long songs don't cut off anymore! Or at least "The Castle" from FF8 doesn't. Having a blast so far.

Roubjon

Tried out a few versus matches in ultimate and it's incredibly fun! Pretty rad you can also play ultimate with no ex moves too.

ohlawd

Practice makes perfect! I suck at this game too.

Well, you only need to accumulate a ton of RM to unlock things. Playing on harder difficulties just rewards more RM. Quest Medley will likely get more difficult as you progress though.

k darn it you've motivated me. I'll play on expert at home and when I'm commuting, I'll play on basic as I don't need to focus as much

Just tried out the button controls off the demo. It just feels right. I never had an issue with the stylus in the first game, but damn buttons feel soooo much more natural and intuitive here.

Also, (like almost every other 3DS game) playing this on the Kid Icarus stand feels so good.

itschris

I'm having a great time with this game so far. I really enjoyed the first one and this is even better - it's crazy how many songs there are!

Dominator

Never played the first game but I enjoy rhythm games so I thought it would be alright to start at Expert. I got a B but I was overwhelmed lol Beginner it is.

_woLf

How much DLC is this game going to have?

Part of my appeal to it is that it had more songs in it and thus I wouldn't have to buy more. :(

Rocky

Banned
Definitely getting this for Celes. I have the first game but haven't played it yet, should I still play it first before playing Curtain Call? Or is CC the same game with more content?

LuuKyK

Just bought it and I am downloading it now. Is the download this slow to anyone else? Its literally taking forever. I wonder if its a problem on my end AKA my shitty internet connection.

I noticed that during the download that rail thing olny drops one or two little squares instead of four. Does it mean something?

ss-hikaru

Heh, those were always a pain. But the trick is to do the opposite direction when they appear. If I remember correctly from playing the first game.

Thanks, gonna try this out, like everyone else I hate those damn rotating arrows!

Goodness gracious!
Someone confirm for Dancing Mad, please.

I don't know how long the original Dancing Mad is but the version in Curtain Call is so damn long I quit before I get to the end (and end up failing because in the time it takes me to move my hand to press the start button enough notes get missed to KO me hahahahahaha).

Luigi87

Goodness gracious!
Someone confirm for Dancing Mad, please.

It's still only five minutes or so. No 17 minute version here, lol

Anywho, the new control styles are a godsend. I can easily play Ultimate mode with CP+Buttons, when I couldn't do shi- with the stylus in the first game.

linko9

Online battles are pissing me off. Done 3 battles, opponent disconnects every time right before the end to avoid a loss. Anyone had better experiences?

Also, the "hp swap" thing is horrible design; it penalizes you much more often than helping you out.

Luigi87

Online battles are pissing me off. Done 3 battles, opponent disconnects every time right before the end to avoid a loss. Anyone had better experiences?

Also, the "hp swap" thing is horrible design; it penalizes you much more often than helping you out.

I haven't had anyone disconnect. I've lost a few matches, but my drop was minimal compared to my gains (that'll probably change later). It seems weird people would want to DC... you can't get your cards that way!

And yeah, I hate the HP Swap burst.

linko9

I haven't had anyone disconnect. I've lost a few matches, but my drop was minimal compared to my gains (that'll probably change later). It seems weird people would want to DC... you can't get your cards that way!

And yeah, I hate the HP Swap burst.

OK, maybe I just got unlucky. Need to eat dinner and then will try again; I'm Butz, in case anyone sees me.

Hubb

Definitely getting this for Celes. I have the first game but haven't played it yet, should I still play it first before playing Curtain Call? Or is CC the same game with more content?

CC has almost all the content of the first game (minus the song Somnus I believe), I'd say skip the first one and dive into this one.

Had a few matches in a row where that happened... I was starting to wonder if it was my connection at fault or something. Then I got a nice string of people and ended up rematching one player a few times for some close games. I think you just gotta keep trying. (If you see Coyote, that's me!)

Top Bottom