• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

This looks really cool, but, I don't recall what songs the original game had. Does this one offer enough new content and tracks (mainly from FFVI through FFX) to warrant a purchase if I already have the first game?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
This looks really cool, but, I don't recall what songs the original game had. Does this one offer enough new content and tracks (mainly from FFVI through FFX) to warrant a purchase if I already have the first game?
There are ~60 playable songs in the first game. There are 221 playable songs in this one. It includes every song and dlc from the first game plus more.

Here's the tracklist.

ohlawd

seriously blows my mind how many songs are in the base game.

I could forgo 2014's insane list of upcoming games and still have plenty to do.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
seriously blows my mind how many songs are in the base game.

I could forgo 2014's insane list of upcoming games and still have plenty to do.
Did Nintendo increase the game card size or something? Because this old interview for the first game would seem like a pretty bold lie otherwise.
Square Enix hopes to release over 50 songs as download content. Eight songs will be available at launch. The DLC list includes songs that the staff had wanted to put in the game but couldn't fit due to capacity limitations.

Ibuki

Banned
The button control is so good guys! I thought the stylus play on the old game was cool but this is revolutionary. I anticipate myself playing a lot more of this game. Now to decide if I want to keep my original game as a keepsake, or sell it since I won't ever go back to it. Either way I am extremely pleased with this game, and I'm glad I got it on launch.

rpmurphy

Quest mode is surprisingly fun. It definitely beats the old chaos and series modes of the first game which were super bland.

But fuck rotating notes. Why did they have to bring that abomination back?!

mstevens

I'm sure this has been asked a billion times.. but if I played the heck out of the first one, is it worth it to get this? Is it all the old songs plus some new ones? Or a brand new game?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm sure this has been asked a billion times.. but if I played the heck out of the first one, is it worth it to get this? Is it all the old songs plus some new ones? Or a brand new game?

Little bit from column A, little bit from column B. Includes all of the first game's songs (minus one) including the first game's DLC, along with like 150-200 more songs, AND a bunch of DLC on top of that. And a ton of new characters. Then there's a new quest game mode that's pretty different from the first game, that makes character growth a lot more meaningful and involved. The collectacards can be equipped and stuff, it all ties together a lot better.

Worth it if you loved the original, and mainly just want a ton more songs to play, and new game modes in which to play them.

mstevens

Little bit from column A, little bit from column B. Includes all of the first game's songs (minus one) including the first game's DLC, along with like 150-200 more songs, AND a bunch of DLC on top of that. And a ton of new characters. Then there's a new quest game mode that's pretty different from the first game, that makes character growth a lot more meaningful and involved. The collectacards can be equipped and stuff, it all ties together a lot better.

Worth it if you loved the original, and mainly just want a ton more songs to play, and new game modes in which to play them.

I guess I'll stop grinding on that game then and switch over to this :) Wish we could transfer over our scores / cards / etc.

Started playing like an hour ago so I have all the songs unlocked. Since The Castle was listed as a today's top hit, I decided to try it on UItimate since I'm very familiar with the stage from the game.

Not only is the full song included, but they adjusted the beginning hold section to make it more easier to get a perfect chain. If you played the original incarnation in the first game, you know what a giant pain in the ass the beginning section on Ultimate was

I'm happy I only bought one DLC track in the original. Would've felt really burned had I invested more.

Picking up the LE tomorrow. Can't wait.

Teknoman

Did the Romancing SaGa dlc hit japan yet?

Romancing SaGa "The Sewers" "Battle! Saurin"
Romancing SaGa 2 "Seven Heroes' Battle"
Romancing SaGa 3 "Four Noble Devils Battle I"

Played the demo for a while and I don't know if it's just me, but the music is too quiet...
... I'll investigate and report back if I find anything.
I was completely wrong it seems that for tracks that were in the first game and are unchanged here the files used are completely identical (the naming is different as might be the game play).

I'd put the quietness down to the demo being 16KHz or something (this is about the level I can easily notice audio getting muffled) and the smaller demo size makes sense in that context.

If the final version is also quiet then it some sort of volume limit they have placed (at the loudest the 3DS won't be loud enough to really damage hearing while using headphones unlike say an iPod or a PSP with the option limiting volume disabled, I'd still be careful though...).

Son Of D

I'm still torn as to whether I should get this physically or digitally. It seems like that it would be a perfect digital game to play a couple of songs before going back to whatever I was doing. Especially with Smash Bros coming soon and I'm getting that physically. But physical copies are cheaper. Decisions...

Whenever I decide between digital and physical, I just remind myself "Nintendo".

Just wondering, did they remove the no equipment bonus thing? I remember in the original that you can't get 9,999,999 if you wore anything since the "bonus" was worth 2,000,000. The demo lets you summon and do stuff but seems like the score can go 9,999,999. I probably remember this wrong.

Tarps

Whenever I decide between digital and physical, I just remind myself "Nintendo".

Just wondering, did they remove the no equipment bonus thing? I remember in the original that you can't get 9,999,999 if you wore anything since the "bonus" was worth 2,000,000. The demo lets you summon and do stuff but seems like the score can go 9,999,999. I probably remember this wrong.

I'm interested in this too. The stoic bonus was pointless, as it forced you to perform 'naked' runs if you were interested in getting a high score.

Already put in 3-4 hours in this game. Have all the other modes unlocked. Still using my initial party of Lightning #2, guy from Crystal Chronicles, Ace, and Zack

I think my hatred for Event Music Stages just grew tenfold. Don't know how many times I had to retry each EMS song I've unlocked so far just so I could end up with a Basic SS ranking. I definitely not looking forward to trying them on Expert and Ultimate. And the EMS for FFT was short as hell. It practically lasted a minute.

And I must nitpick about one other thing: Don't know why Battle for Freedom was renamed Struggle for Freedom in this game, but just calling it "Struggle" for Freedom sounds incredibly lame. Battle for Freedom is a much better title

SoulUnison

Banned
And I must nitpick about one other thing: Don't know why Battle for Freedom was renamed Struggle for Freedom in this game, but just calling it "Struggle" for Freedom sounds incredibly lame. Battle for Freedom is a much better title

That's...incredibly nitpicky.
How is "struggle" a "lamer" word than "battle?"

If anything, "struggle" fits the event the song was used for in XII better, as "battle" implies more strongly that both sides are on an even footing.
Also, the imagery of "struggling" is more appropriate for a situation in which someone would be "trapped" ie. "wanting freedom."

LuuKyK

Dammit, still not up on eshop. Looks like I wont be able to play this before heading to work. Thanks Nintendo. >_> Oh well.

zroid

Banned
I enjoyed the first one but got burned out rather quickly compared to a lot of people (like 10 hours or so). Hoping some of the little changes and bigger song selection makes me stick around for a bit longer this time. Either way it's still worth a purchase for me.

Top Bottom