• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There Came An Echo |OT| Out on PS4

Finally got a chance to play this today and it's awesome. I'm enjoying the story and dialogue and the gameplay is solid. It's taken a bit tobget used to the realtime nature in the larger maps due to limited scroll out and no minimap but I'm guessing that's part of the intended difficulty.

Having difficulty with the voice control due to volumes but I'm guessing that's due to my headset working crappily with my pc in general.

Overall this game is a blast though. Really enjoying it

Edit:

Just beat it and it was great the whole way through. I do wish it was a bit longer but it was a ton of fun as is. Never could really figure out how to consistently get the voice commands to work but part of that was user error in not giving enough "breathing" space between commands and my mic issues as I wrote earlier. Now I have to go play Sequence.

So I decided to do an experiment.

I made all my alts lyrics from Uptown Funk.

I started playing Uptown Funk, but muted it.

At "JULIO, GET THE STRETCH" I turned the music on full.

All my guys took cover.

Bumping this because I finally got a microphone for my laptop so I can play this game. It has been very fun thus far. I find the voice control to work very well, so it doesn't feel like a cheap gimmick.

I also liked the Sequence ringtone at the very beginning.

shockdude

Just beat the game as well. Fun stuff, well done.
There's just something about talking to a screen and watching things happen. Even with a finicky laptop mic, it feels unreal and it's great.
The voice commands doing stuff in the menus is a nice touch too.

Seriously though what does the blood type option do? I played through the game at Group A, which iirc is the default.

Feep

Banned
I know most people here probably have the game, but There Came an Echo is today's Steam Daily Deal at 50% off! Oh, what a lovely day!

Saprol

Neat game but I probably should have tested it out before trying to stream it on a whim. Had some technical difficulties.

It recognized me in calibration / war room but stopped once I started the story so I sat there trying to say Affirmative. Turned off OBS, killed the game process + VoiceCore, verified game files and disabled push-to-talk. No idea what was breaking it but it's cool to be controlling the entire game via voice. Hope it sticks when I try streaming again.
goodjob.gif

Edit: Weird the game still thinks it's open after I closed it.

Feep

Banned
Neat game but I probably should have tested it out before trying to stream it on a whim. Had some technical difficulties.

It recognized me in calibration / war room but stopped once I started the story so I sat there trying to say Affirmative. Turned off OBS, killed the game process + VoiceCore, verified game files and disabled push-to-talk. No idea what was breaking it but it's cool to be controlling the entire game via voice. Hope it sticks when I try streaming again.
goodjob.gif

Edit: Weird the game still thinks it's open after I closed it.
Not sure what the issue is here...it's odd that things would work well in the War Room and then "Affirmative" not work properly. I did just test the Steam build to make sure I wasn't being an idiot, and it was okay. Might have just been mic insanity (which is surprisingly common, sadly). Sorry for the trouble!

Feep

Banned
Uh huh!!

Great game, already mentioned on Twitter though that the commands are working much more successfully with a plugged in headset rather than Camera or Pulse Elites
The voice recognition is directly tuned to work with the default headphone-dongle thing that comes with the PS4, since they figured that most people would have that.

This means, counterintuitively, that expensive USB headsets actually tend to work *worse*. Which is annoying, but true.

The voice recognition is directly tuned to work with the default headphone-dongle thing that comes with the PS4, since they figured that most people would have that.

This means, counterintuitively, that expensive USB headsets actually tend to work *worse*. Which is annoying, but true.

Yeah, still a cracking game and looking forward to playing more when I get home.

Shame to see this OT dying a death :(

It's a great game and certainly quite a unique experience on the PS4, been away this weekend but will get back to it again tonight.

Top Bottom