• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
That's not my fetish. Is that even possible???
For him it is.
Mr._McGreg.png

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Hey guys. Need help, fast.

So I've decided to sell my 3DS. Is there a way to safely (without deleting) unlink NNID and Nintendo Account from the console so that I could use it later on another 2/3DS if I'll decide to buy one later? I know that you can deactivate PS3 from your PSN account and then sell the console and maybe use your account on another console later, so can you do the same thing here and with 3DS?

So apparently you cannot use your Nintendo Network ID on another 3DS, you need to creat a new one. Well, okay then.

Last edited:

BunzLee

I wanna be a Streamer in free time to relax.

What kind of PC and programs did you recommend, like the Twitch users .

You'll need a beefy PC that is able to handle both the games and the load of streaming. Depending on what you want to show, you'll need a decent mic/headset and a cam. Software wise, you can start with OBS (streaming software), it's free and there are tons of tutorials, although there are superior paid options like XSplit. A ton of what you see on stream (notifications) are done through web services, but I'm not up to speed on those - Google will help. Ease into that last part.

That said, you need to be aware that you're in for quite the trip. Being a streamer is not relaxing. There's a lot of competition - You'll need a regular schedule, stick with it, and be consistent. You're about to face months of almost no viewer feedback, if you get viewers at all. And even when you have no viewers, you still need to entertain the people that drop in, because if you're boring nobody will bother sticking around. Trust me, it will get to you at some point that you're basically talking to yourself and nobody bothers watching.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just be aware that streaming is a tough job. Not everyone is meant to be Ninja/Tyler/Lyrik whatever.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
So, Football Manager Touch 2019 on Switch is on sale for around $19AUD at the moment. With my $9 Nintendo points I have, I can get it for around $10AUD.

There’s no official thread, so I’ll ask here: Is anyone playing it? Is it worth it in your opinion? Keep in mind, I haven’t played a football management game since the early 2000s and tend to favour story-driven games these days. I feel like I’m wasting my time playing a game with no end.

But, it’s Football Manager for $10!

Any thoughts?

NikuNashi

Why do people call bad graphics an "art style" when ultimately, they are just bad graphics? :messenger_winking:

This is an interesting question that deserves a thread IMO. What is an 'Art style' and what is just an ass attempt at 'good' graphics that has fallen short.

Comparing to Art in general, people called Basquiat, Picasso, Van Gogh et al 'bad' artists by their contemporary standards. It's a rabbit hole going down the bad art route.

Games for me are interesting in that in our (my) lifetime we have seen an evolution from black and white dots to almost fully realized photo realistic worlds. So comparing to painting we have gone from earliest cave paintings to the ceiling of the Sistine chapel in 40 years. But as a reaction to that have games had our 'pop art' phase of rejecting the search for photo realism and going in a totally unique and opposing direction yet, well yes and no, it's obviously risky to create a crazy art style when your game costs millions of dollars to make and a studio of peoples livelyhood depend on it's financial success.

Side note I remember when 3D polygonal art was making it's breakthrough, I was deep into 2d sprite based fighting games like SFAlpha 2 and though that Tekken 1 and Virtua Fighter were so ugly it hurt my eyes looking at them.

ROMhack

So, Football Manager Touch 2019 on Switch is on sale for around $19AUD at the moment. With my $9 Nintendo points I have, I can get it for around $10AUD.

There’s no official thread, so I’ll ask here: Is anyone playing it? Is it worth it in your opinion? Keep in mind, I haven’t played a football management game since the early 2000s and tend to favour story-driven games these days. I feel like I’m wasting my time playing a game with no end.

But, it’s Football Manager for $10!

Any thoughts?

Did you buy it? I've been umming and ahhing about buying it all year.

sure took me a good minute to find this thread.

anyway, I used to have a PS Vita but lost it when I was on a work trip last year (rental car got broken in, bag stolen). for the most part, there's only a few games on Vita that I still want to play so I didn't get another one. however, I find myself still missing Muramasa Rebirth from time to time. I was sorting some stuff and realized that I do have a PS TV just sitting around.

so I seek wisdom from my fellow GAFers. if I buy the game, I can still play Muramasa on the PSTV right? do I need an additional Vita memory card to play it?

So I just got a Switch Lite yesterday, I also have a launch day Switch as well, so this is my second Switch.

I setup my profile on the Switch Lite and added my fiances profile on there too, were both under my family account for the online stuff. I downloaded the cloud saved data from my original launch Switch and put that onto the new Switch Lite.

I have 2 questions, when I'm under her profile I cannot access digital games that I've purchased that she can play on my launch Switch. I get an error message: 'This user cannot play this software' Is there away around this?

My second question is, under my own profile I went to load up my digital copy of Catan on the Switch Lite today and its starting me off as a new player, even though I downloaded the saved data from the cloud from my launch Switch. Is there something I missed? is there a way to have my saved data from my launch Switch also on my Switch Lite (preferably not the side by side transfer)

I noticed the dlc expansion pack for Catan is also not included and there doesn't seem to be a way to download it off the Nintendo eShop, even though I already bought it and used it on my launch Switch. Any fixes for this?

dottme

So I just got a Switch Lite yesterday, I also have a launch day Switch as well, so this is my second Switch.

I setup my profile on the Switch Lite and added my fiances profile on there too, were both under my family account for the online stuff. I downloaded the cloud saved data from my original launch Switch and put that onto the new Switch Lite.

I have 2 questions, when I'm under her profile I cannot access digital games that I've purchased that she can play on my launch Switch. I get an error message: 'This user cannot play this software' Is there away around this?

My second question is, under my own profile I went to load up my digital copy of Catan on the Switch Lite today and its starting me off as a new player, even though I downloaded the saved data from the cloud from my launch Switch. Is there something I missed? is there a way to have my saved data from my launch Switch also on my Switch Lite (preferably not the side by side transfer)

I noticed the dlc expansion pack for Catan is also not included and there doesn't seem to be a way to download it off the Nintendo eShop, even though I already bought it and used it on my launch Switch. Any fixes for this?
For the first question here:

but basically, the difference is that one of your switch is the primary switch and the other one the secondary switch.

For the first question here:

but basically, the difference is that one of your switch is the primary switch and the other one the secondary switch.
Very much appreciated! so from what I gather, theres no work around? This is why I always buy physical games haha. Just can't quite justify that $150 price tag to get a physical copy of Stardew Valley at the moment. Ah well, good to know for future purchases, sticking to my only buy physical copies whenever possible policy.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I never played Resident Evil 1.

I absolutely do not care about improved graphics.

Which version should I play?

I never played Resident Evil 1.

I absolutely do not care about improved graphics.

Which version should I play?

Remake on the consoles or Steam will be the easiest version to set up and is, imo, the best version. Play it, then watch a play through of the original PS1 version after if youre curious. You only missed out on cheesy dialog.

Its the gold standard of a remake imo.

Or I suppose you could buy the PS1 version on the PSN store and play that. They are pretty different games though.

Ps1 version is more tongue in cheek with the Remake being a more serious tone.

Last edited:
I don't get the whole Gurlugon in the Snake Tales chapter External Gazer.

It's a singularity? Like is it supposed to be all the parallel universes that were wiped out combined into one being?

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Am getting screen tearing in Hyper Scape on PC, even with v-Sync on at 60. Monitor is only a 60Hz display. If I turn v-Sync off, my frame rate goes to like 160-200 unlocked so I think there's something screwy going on with the v-Sync. Any ideas?

KOMANI

KOMANI
I don't get the whole Gurlugon in the Snake Tales chapter External Gazer.

It's a singularity? Like is it supposed to be all the parallel universes that were wiped out combined into one being?
Theyre not combined as one. They still exist on their own but universes that suffer contradictions die.

turtlepowa

Banned
When did the story hype in games start? Perhaps with Netflix? When i started playing, no game had a story longer than two sentences and i had lots of fun, because the games were 100% gameplay focused. Nowadays i have the feeling that every game needs 5 hours of story, cutscenes and scripted scenes to get 90+ and gameplay is less important.

cormack12

Gold Member
When did the story hype in games start? Perhaps with Netflix? When i started playing, no game had a story longer than two sentences and i had lots of fun, because the games were 100% gameplay focused. Nowadays i have the feeling that every game needs 5 hours of story, cutscenes and scripted scenes to get 90+ and gameplay is less important.

I thought it shifted with MGS4, then after UC2 sort of imitated movies it went from there. Honestly, I think it should be classed as its own genre to be honest.

Patrick S.

Banned
Anyone now till when the Ubisoft sale that's going on right now is ending? I want to pick up a few games but money is a bit tight for the rest of the week :/

I have a question for players of Street Fighter V.

I just received my PS4 copy of Street Fighter V Champion Edition and redeemed the voucher code for the DLC content. But the DLC characters are still locked. What am I supposed to do?

Edit: turns out I just had to wait for the content to be installed while I played. Nevermind.

Last edited:

DogofWar

How am I supposed to win a clinch in Kingdom Come: Deliverance? I am just button mashing R1/R2 and it works 1 out of 10 times. I even got that strength perk that would make it easier but still don't get it...

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Will Steam ever be portable towards consoles as a working app or will it always be confined to PC?

Dumb question but...hey this thread's like a decade old!

oof not even sure if this thread is ever answered anymore, but want to ask a potentially dumb question without starting a new thread:

Thinking of building a really small Ryzen based PC to run Assetto Corsa. I was hoping to leave out the GPU and just use the integrated (for 1080p), does anyone know/think the current crop of Ryzens (or even Intel if they're better) are capable of running this game on their integrated graphics alone? Or am I fighting a losing battle? Cheers.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Anyone ever have this error:

C62-E7-CE0-8243-4565-BC12-FE5-B8-C4-A0-A4-E.webp

Tried:
-Restoring Licenses: fails after like 90% saying it can’t connect to server
-Rebooted console
-Rebooted modem/router/verified internet on PS5 was all successful
-Signed out and back in
-Enabled offline console: fails for the same reason

This makes me think it’s just a time issue. Sony’s server status are all green. I’ve read various posts from people who just had to wait. It’s just odd. Even though I’m playing Dead Space and not HP.

Guilty_AI

Will Steam ever be portable towards consoles as a working app or will it always be confined to PC?

Dumb question but...hey this thread's like a decade old!
To answer you 2 and a half year later... they tried once on playstation, but didn't catch on (only had Portal 2 available if i remember correctly).
I assume mama Sony and papa Microsoft have no reason to invite a competitive store to their own ecosystem.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
To answer you 2 and a half year later... they tried once on playstation, but didn't catch on (only had Portal 2 available if i remember correctly).
I assume mama Sony and papa Microsoft have no reason to invite a competitive store to their own ecosystem.
Thanks for the response. Better late than never. I figure anyone reading is also thinking...Steamdeck. 😉

Banned
Anyone ever have this error:

C62-E7-CE0-8243-4565-BC12-FE5-B8-C4-A0-A4-E.webp

Tried:
-Restoring Licenses: fails after like 90% saying it can’t connect to server
-Rebooted console
-Rebooted modem/router/verified internet on PS5 was all successful
-Signed out and back in
-Enabled offline console: fails for the same reason

This makes me think it’s just a time issue. Sony’s server status are all green. I’ve read various posts from people who just had to wait. It’s just odd. Even though I’m playing Dead Space and not HP.

is only Fortnite having issues or all games?

Top Bottom