• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This thread is for stupid GAMING questions that don't deserve their own thread

Banned
All digital games. Can’t launch a single digital game, but I can browse the store, see people online, etc.

what if you disconnect from the internet? that fixed the issue Xbox games had when that big DRM conversation started.
on Xbox it was basically a miscommunication error between the system and the servers, but in offline mode that DRM check didn't happen and the issue was not there anymore

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
what if you disconnect from the internet? that fixed the issue Xbox games had when that big DRM conversation started.
on Xbox it was basically a miscommunication error between the system and the servers, but in offline mode that DRM check didn't happen and the issue was not there anymore
Do you remember what happen if you were using multiple consoles with a family account?

This issue is fixed now. It was literally waiting it out that fixed it. I didn’t even have to verify licenses. I disconnected earlier and it didn’t change. We have two PS5’s and the other PS5 I have set as a sharing console because my family can play my library while I’m signed into my console. It’s called “Console Sharing and Offline Play”. You can only have one of these turned on. It disables it on the other console your logged into. My big guess is that since my PS5 did not have that setting enabled, that it couldn’t validate my licenses, so games couldn’t launch. Which doesn’t explain why it didn’t see their servers. My IP was fine, connecting to the store was fine, etc.

Theoretically, next time this happens, having this setting enabled should prevent my digital library from being unplayable. It just can’t validate. I have to wonder if they’ve got these console provisioning somewhere in the cloud and whatever’s hosting them isn’t speaking to the console or isn’t going where it should. Perhaps a DNS issue?

For UK GAF:

Is an 6600 XT for £170 a good deal? I've also found an 3070 ti for £250, which is the largest card I can fit into this new mini itx build. I feel like the 3070 ti is the better overall deal of the 2? But I really only need this small machine for a dedicated Assetto Corsa/sim racing rig. Currently using the AMD 5600g's built in GPU, which is doing ok-ish at 1080p mid to low settings (in Assetto Corsa).

Apologies for the stupid question!

Last edited:

Banned
For UK GAF:

Is an 6600 XT for £170 a good deal? I've also found an 3070 ti for £250, which is the largest card I can fit into this new mini itx build. I feel like the 3070 ti is the better overall deal of the 2? But I really only need this small machine for a dedicated Assetto Corsa/sim racing rig. Currently using the AMD 5600g's built in GPU, which is doing ok-ish at 1080p mid to low settings (in Assetto Corsa).

Apologies for the stupid question!

I mean a 3070ti is a whole level above the 6600XT, and most likely slightly more future proof thanks to DLSS.
both are 8GB cards, so not much difference there.

if you plan to play Forza 8 later this year, the 3070ti should be the better card by far. better RT, DLSS, along with better raster performance.

I mean a 3070ti is a whole level above the 6600XT, and most likely slightly more future proof thanks to DLSS.
both are 8GB cards, so not much difference there.

if you plan to play Forza 8 later this year, the 3070ti should be the better card by far. better RT, DLSS, along with better raster performance.

Hey thanks for that. I tried to get the 3070ti but pretty sure it was a scam. The guy selling the 6600xt is genuine and I've been talking to him for a bit on marketplace, so unless I can find a 3070ti for a really good price then I'll nab his 6600xt. Hopefully won't regret it lol. Cheers

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Google has gone down the shitter, so I cant find the answer to this (what I assumed to be a simple) question.

Are cheat codes available for Minecraft on PS5?

My son want's to play with his friends, kids who use cheats to have a good time etc. Can he join them on PS5 or are cheat codes not available on console?

Never touched MC myself, so I'm super clueless...

Top Bottom