• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Famitsu

soul

6666 Umihara Kawase
7666 SuperLite 2500 Chotto-Aima no Colpile DS
6666 Detective Conan: Tantei Ryoku Trainer

9777 Armored Core for Answer
9888 Dark Sector
9899 Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 [Professional Baseball Spirits] (PS3) 
8888 Pro Yakyu Spirits 5 [Professional Baseball Spirits] (PS2)     
8888 Warriors Orochi: Rebirth of the Demon Lord

~ Dates

June 26 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World (Wii)
Summer - Sigma Harmonics (DS)

- Sigma Harmonics (DS, Summer, 60%) ~ Thanks duckroll!

- Hiroki Chiba is directing (DoC: FFVII)
- Yusaku Nakaaki is doing the character designs (DoC FFVII's subcharcter and mechanics designer)
- Kitase is producing
- It's an Adventure RPG
- You hold the DS sideways like a book
- Persona 4-style story, there seems to be a murder/mystery story.
- RPG elements (level up by experience gained from battles, etc)
- Divided to chapters, in every chapter a new murder/accident/mystery happens.

- Soul Calibur IV (PS3/360, 2008) ~ Thanks Mefisutoferesu // dmshaposv

- New femle character, named Angol Fia and is connected to Angol Mois (Moa), the character designer is the same man responsible for Keroro Gunsou and Otomedius, Yoshizaki Mine.
- Another female character, Amy, is seen in the scan.
- Cervantes revealed.

- BioHazard 5 (PS3/360, TBA)

- Trailer included in the issue: http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/18134
--Description by cvxfreak
--Screens by king zell

- Panda DS (DS, Summer, Price undetermined)

more to come etc

chris0701

2002596221412125472_rs.jpg

Well, since the SC4 thread is poop...

wimzo9.jpg

New femle character, named Angol Fia and is connected to Angol Mois (Moa), the character designer is the same man responsible for Keroro Gunsou and Otomedius, Yoshizaki Mine.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Mefisutoferesu said:

wimzo9.jpg

New femle character, named Angol Fia and is connected to Angol Mois (Moa), the character designer is the same man responsible for Keroro Gunsou and Otomedius, Yoshizaki Mine.
Nice "scan" :lol :lol :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
pswii60 said:
How come you can't get Konami's baseball game in the West?

Unless they could talk 2K Sports into allowing them to release it here with the MLB license like they did with Power Pro it'd be pointless for them to release it over here.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
While I like Yoshizaki Mine's characters, I'm not sure his style fits the Soul Calibur world.

I'll take it anyway!

dmshaposv

Mefisutoferesu said:

wimzo9.jpg

yay for massive boobies! Just when I thought namco had come to their senses...

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
There's a picture of all the blood and limbs being replaced be light-blue light wave/sparkles, it looked fake to me though. Is it really real?

cvxfreak

Lobster said:
Did you change the font for the scores?

Those are Japanese fonts. They appear a bit different from ones used in English in order to match font width requirements for Japanese kana/kanji.

dmshaposv

Yeah two new female chars in SCIV, Amy (brunette, pigtailed, less chesty, looks sorta like lulu) and Angol fear (look at the above pic).

Also, Cervantes revealed.

Lobster

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Those are Japanese fonts. They appear a bit different from ones used in English in order to match font width requirements for Japanese kana/kanji.

I used to be able to read these threads though :\ I can't read them ever since last weeks Famitsu.

edit:

Thanks Sp0rsk

Dascu

Sigma Harmonics looks really cool. Nice to see them try a sideways RPG.

This issue also has some info on Valkyrie of the Battlefield. The scans are showing a bunch of tanks and trains. Looks neat.

soul said:
- New femle character, named Angol Fia and is connected to Angol Mois (Moa), the character designer is the same man responsible for Keroro Gunsou and Otomedius, Yoshizaki Mine.
They're really going all-out on guest characters, aren't they? First Star Wars, then the Record of Lodoss War artist, and now Mine.

For anyone who doesn't know, Angol Mois is supposed to be the "King of Terror", a being that destroys the world, as predicted by Nostradamus. She's a character in Keroro Gunsou, which itself is a story about alien frogs that futilely try to take over the world.

Now all we need is Travis Touchdown.

Dave1988

dmshaposv said:
Yeah two new female chars in SCIV, Amy (brunette, pigtailed, less chesty, looks sorta like lulu) and Angol fear (look at the above pic).

Also, Cervantes revealed.

and Zasalamel.

Amir0x

Banned
soul said:
- Sigma Harmonics (DS, Summer, 60%) ~ Thanks duckroll!

- Hiroki Chiba is directing (DoC: FFVII)
- Yusaku Nakaaki is doing the character designs (DoC FFVII's subcharcter and mechanics designer)
- Kitase is producing

dont want! DONT WANT

meppi

McDragon said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA2BWvqaMYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PtaxkYxk4I&feature=related (collision weirdness)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmxH4HbIFYY&feature=related (Kawase mysteriously gains and loses and gains movement while hanging motionless)

thanks to dcharlie and jiji.
Damn, that are some game breaking bugs right there! :(

How the hell did they manage to screw this up?
It's basically a port of Umihara Kawase Shun on the PSone with only a couple extra levels or so. (not even sure if they did add them or not in the end)

What a hack job. :mad:

MCD

meppi said:
Damn, that are some game breaking bugs right there! :(

How the hell did they manage to screw this up?
It's basically a port of Umihara Kawase Shun on the PSone with only a couple extra levels or so. (not even sure if they did add them or not in the end)

What a hack job. :mad:
according to dcharlie:
the team that did the "remake" is apparently the same team that coded Culdcept for X360 (also a buggy piece of sh1t on first release, had to be recalled)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
<+duckroll> errorZZZ
<+duckroll> errorZZZ
<+duckroll> errorZZZ
<+duckroll> errorZZZ
<+duckroll> errorZZZ
<+duckroll> TALK TO ME
<+duckroll> TRI-ACE COMETH
<errorZZZ> OMG WHEN WHEN
<errorZZZ> OMG WHEN WHEN
<errorZZZ> OMG WHEN WHEN