• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

Saitou

Banned
ethelred said:
I'm not a clone of anybody. I'm also not joking.

You can feel free to laugh if you like, only in the sense that it's deeply funny what Nintendo's doing -- but I'm not joking.
I was agreeing with you, actually.

And you're right. Being the same person doesn't quite qualify as a 'clone'.

Sharp

:lol The title change is ace.

Oh by the way I hope all you folks complaining about the lack of RPGs have been appropriately satiated.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
SPORSK LIVES IN THE PLANE AND DIES IN THE PLANE

BANGAIOH WILL SAVE US IN TWO DIMENSIONS AND NOW LET US MERRILY EXPLODE

YES, I AGREE

Haunted

:lol I can see sp0rsk is enjoying himself.

ethelred said:
I'm not a clone of anybody. I'm also not joking.

You can feel free to laugh if you like, only in the sense that it's deeply funny what Nintendo's doing -- but I'm not joking.
spoilsport. :/

TreIII

SHAMEFUL THAT TREASURE MADE THE US WAIT THIS FOR SO LONG!

EMBRACE THE DEATH BREATH THAT IS REZ!

BARF! BARF! BARF! BARF! BARF! DODGE BALL! DODGE BALL! KUNIO!

HAPPY HAPPY I'M SO!

allen1982

Banned
DCharlie said:
thank god i don't stand alone on this.

They are throwing away part of what made Yakuza so cool, and doing what other games have done before....

Yeah you are not alone. I think this board is pretty weird, people get pissed off at something like a free pack in Link crossbow game but then a great series like Ryu is completely ruined and people celebrate. I guess most people here haven't played the awesome RGG 2 to truly develop a love for this series. Honestly, we have a million samurai games already in Japan, but we don't have that many cool "gangster" games. And now the top gangster game has turned into a samurai game. Yes, we have absolutely no information on the game yet and it could turn out to be the best samurai game of all time, but still it will be a samurai game and not a YAKUZA game. Why Sega why?

And why call it RGG 3 if it has absolutely no relation to the first 2 games? I guess Sega is trying to go Final Fantasy on this one and come out with 13 games totally unrelated to each other but with the same title. When I saw the countdown I was going to buy the PS3 when RGG3 comes out. I will still buy a PS3 eventually but probably not for this game anymore.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Dude, how many games about Edo Jidai Yakuza do you know? This isn't fucking ronin and rag tag samurai.

allen1982 said:
Yes, we have absolutely no information on the game yet and it could turn out to be the best samurai game of all time, but still it will be a samurai game and not a YAKUZA game. Why Sega why?

And that'd be awesome. Most samurai games are total shit and are devoid of anything resembling decent production values.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jonnyram said:
This is about Yakuza?
The Japanese title isn't Yakuza, you know.

Ahh, that's true, but I doubt this isn't going to be about organized crime. WE WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE I GUESS.

traveler said:
What the hell is Bangaioh, why hasn't anyone explained it, and why should I be excited?

The fact that none of that is load every of wa of missles is shot has formed meaning is the game. In addition the fruit is gathered.

Bebpo

Banned
sp0rsk said:
Dude, how many games about Edo Jidai Yakuza do you know? This isn't fucking ronin and rag tag samurai.

To be fair, Samurai is the best free exploration edo era game ever, so RGG3 might feel like a bit of a retread if it doesn't do a lot to distinguish itself.

But if it's about the early years of what came to be the modern Yakuza during the Edo period...that's actually a really interesting story.

duckroll

Hey jonny, I'm checking the backlog in 2ch now. It seems the .hack//GU thing is a 85min summary of the games as an original anime but... is by CyberConnect? Any idea if it's just the cutscenes in HD by CC2? It also seems to be coming out on both Blu-ray and DVD... weird!

Jonnyram

duckroll said:
Hey jonny, I'm checking the backlog in 2ch now. It seems the .hack//GU thing is a 85min summary of the games as an original anime but... is by CyberConnect? Any idea if it's just the cutscenes in HD by CC2? It also seems to be coming out on both Blu-ray and DVD... weird!
Seems it's by CyberConnect2, yeah.

According to soutahouse, the Q Entertainment PS3 game is:
http://www.angelloveonline.jp/

:/

carlos

character models are looking nice on ryu3; lets hope that even with a relatively short development time, they can impress us (assuming it comes to NA

Enk

makes good threads.
Ninja Gaiden 2, Rez HD, Vanillaware Wii game, Bangai-O, bizarre Sega Wii game...wow this month has been insane for news (and it's not even over). I can't wait to put all these games in my pants!

sp0rsk said:
As for me it is excited so very because of bangaioh perhaps I can upset my pants exactly. As for this is a certain thing which news fucking I of the just the majority you are surprised hear in my life

sp0rsk-man you need a hug? I will personally fly all the way down there so you can have a shoulder to cry those happy tears on.

Phthisis

traveler said:
What the hell is Bangaioh, why hasn't anyone explained it, and why should I be excited?

Bangai O was only one of the most fun and quirky shooters on the Dreamcast. It's a sidescrolling mech shooter, but your character is super tiny (only a few pixels) and the stages are huge, making it feel somewhat like a platformer. You can be two characters: a boy who shot missiles, or his sister, who shot bouncing lasers (they ricocheted off walls) and you could swap between them at any point. Basically, in the heat of combat, the game got so maddeningly filled with shots and explosions that it was chaos manifest.

Go watch some Youtube videos. The game is awesome.

AniHawk

Bangaioh was the only big DC game I never bought/could find (of the ones I was interested in). Of course, I couldn't reasonably hunt down a copy of the N64 one either.

5ysr7sj.jpg

4ucyhxw.jpg

6ajepeb.jpg

http://i8.tinypic.com/4mvbo8l.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/4yfhq86.jpg

duckroll

.hack//GU Trilogy

- In-game cutscenes touched up by CC2 and re-edited to 85mins.
- Blu-ray Disc = 10290yen, DVD = 7190yen.
- Directed by Matsuyama, so yeah it's 100% CC2 internal.

allen1982

Banned
Bebpo said:
To be fair, Samurai is the best free exploration edo era game ever, so RGG3 might feel like a bit of a retread if it doesn't do a lot to distinguish itself.

But if it's about the early years of what came to be the modern Yakuza during the Edo period...that's actually a really interesting story.

Thank you, that's exactly my point.

RGG to me will always be gangster kicking ass at nightclubs, slamming people into street signs, and rival gangs showdowns. The 2nd game's story was so damn good, even my girlfriend got hooked and started watching me play every bit of it on Disc 2 and man, the ending was perfect and really emotional. I just wish they had call this new game something else instead of trying to cash in on the series name and get my hopes (and people who enjoyed the first 2 game's style and setting) up.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
rgg3 looks awesome -- i was kind of worried about sega's grasp of next-gen, particularly with a release date so close to the announcement

lupin23rd

Looks like the hero in Ryu Ga Gotaku 3 is none other than...

Kiryuu Kazuma

Kiryuu Kasumasuke, that is.

:lol

Should be awesome.

Top Bottom