• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

kay

That Marvelous game seems pretty interesting, is the No more heroes team working on that? Forgot their name but I think they were supposed to be working on something else. That MMO is pretty cool being free and all. Paying for items seems ok if it doesn't get out of hand.

Dascu

kay said:
That Marvelous game seems pretty interesting, is the No more heroes team working on that? Forgot their name but I think they were supposed to be working on something else. That MMO is pretty cool being free and all. Paying for items seems ok if it doesn't get out of hand.

Grasshopper Manufacture is the "No More Heroes team".

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jonnyram said:
ALL YOUR NACHOS ARE BELONG TO ME

Fuck, I can't wait to play with the level builder.

It sounds like theres no game share for multiplayer though :\ Oh well, everyone who owns a DS should have this game.

In multi you can co-op boss characters or see who can get the most points.

bryehn

Jonnyram said:
PS3/360 | Rainy Woods
MMV
- player is a young recruit in FBI, investigating a murder in a quiet rural town
- game has a morning-day-night cycle and the people of the town change with this cycle
- there is something in the town that is not from this world, apparently

PSP | Bumpy Trot Beagle Battle Tournament
Irem
- multiplayer VS possible
- Bumpy Trot 2 in development for PS3 also mentioned

Yes please.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
duckroll said:
Press button, everything explodes, giggle with joy.

That's the best I can explain Bangaioh but it ROCKS. :D
No, I mean, how does it control and how do you move around and stuff?

STG!

Bangaioh, quality. Should be an interesting control method, I'm guessing you can use the buttons (like the DC port) or the stylus to shoot?

Oh, and hells yeah for Hot Shot's Golf Portable 2, the first one is easily my most played PSP game!

No, I mean, how does it control and how do you move around and stuff?
Think dualstick shooter locked inside a platforming stage. It's fuckawesome, but controls were a bitch on the DC and I cry thinking about playing this on a DS. WHY ISNT THIS ON A PLATFORM WITH DUALSTICKS?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm a little concerned that bangaioh spirits isn't showing any signs of weird cartoony characters; the absurd cast and dialogue really were half the fun. i hope the sequel hasn't sobered up. otherwise it looks awesome -- they haven't compromised the insanity at all for the ds's tiny screen :lol

sprsk

drohne said:
i'm a little concerned that bangaioh spirits isn't showing any signs of weird cartoony characters; the absurd cast and dialogue really were half the fun. i hope the sequel hasn't sobered up. otherwise it looks awesome -- they haven't compromised the insanity at all for the ds's tiny screen :lol

They talk about that in the bottom right corner of the scan. All it says though is "But what about riki and mami??! Well... Oh! Gotta go!" So it sounds like they are in, just gotta wait for the next time they show off the game.

God knows I will be fucking lpaying the shit otu of this in a couple weeks.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Whoa, never thought I'd see a new Bangai-O... today is an awesome day for news, between that, and both Ikaruga and Rez on XBLA.

STG!

Gameplay differences aside, I didn't think Bangaioh played that badly on the DC using the buttons to shoot (I adapted), but after recently playing the N64 version... yeah, analog to shoot is very nice.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Son of Godzilla said:
God, and I thought Bangaio was hard enough to control with a DC pad.
Controls are the only thing I'm concerned about, too. I got pretty damn good at using the default DC setup, but it wasn't ideal.

Being left-handed, I'm praying that the DS version doesn't require d-pad + stylus input at the same time or something.

Sixfortyfive

sp0rsk said:
That is because it is. The sad thing is that neither of those videos show off the awesome translation.
43.gif

sprsk

Yasuo:
Hey, Riki! Riki, is that you?
Riki:
Yasuo?! But you're Yasuo, aren't you!
Yasuo:
I left school 3 years ago! I'm a newspaper Reporter now.
Yasuo:
I haven't forgoten your punch back then. It wasn't too bad.
Mami:
What are you doing in such a place?
Yasuo:
I'm investigating the crimes of the gang. I have this Tekiyan 55.
Riki:
Typical Yasuo! Shall we have a fight like in the old days?
Yasuo:
I've wanted that for a Very long time! This time I won't lose!

I found the full script: http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=35037

Sixfortyfive

Last time I played through this game, I took screencaps of every line of dialogue.

783 jpegs. ~26 MB.

Still need to properly tag about 90% of them.

Sixfortyfive

I think the genius of Bangai-O's script is that you can never tell whether the Engrish-laden translation is intentional or not. I thought it was kind of annoying for the first few stages, but once I started slowing down and actually reading through all of it I just found it to be hysterical. It completely fits the wacky nature of the game.

Sweet, ANOTHER game set in ancient Japan. I dunno whats more annoying, WW2 rehashes or the ubiquitous ancient Japanese games. I can't wait for the cliches either.

Yakuza 1 ruled.

meppi

Wow, I asked for something special and that's exactly what I got with a new Bangaioh. :D

It looks absolutely fantastic, can't wait to get my hands on it.

I hope they will be using the power-up system of the N64 version. Despite the massive slowdown, I still prefer that version due to the differences in the game system.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
With Bangaioh, this confirms that the DS has one of the best gaming lineups ever.

I could imagine that once the DS successor is announced I will have more games for it than any one console I ever owned.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Hcoregamer00 said:
With Bangaioh, this confirms that the DS has one of the best gaming lineups ever.
Nope, the lack of fighting games is one of the biggest hole in the DS library that need to be fixed. The same with hockey games.

Hcoregamer00

Vic said:
Nope, the lack of fighting games is one of the biggest hole in the DS library that need to be fixed. The same with hockey games.

Bleach DS 2nd is good, but I agree with you that we need more.

Vic

Hcoregamer00 said:
Bleach DS 2nd is good, but I agree with you that we need more.
Actually, since I will buy a slim PSP soon, I don't care anymore (but I'll get hyped if there's an DS announcement)

Hcoregamer00

Vic said:
Actually, since I will buy a slim PSP soon, I don't care anymore (but I'll get hyped if there's an DS announcement)

Okay, so why did you bring up the topic?

You just made your own post irrelevant.

Vic

Hcoregamer00 said:
Okay, so why did you bring up the topic?

You just made your own post irrelevant.
Eh? I DO want fighting games for the DS over the PSP since it have a better battery life but since the slim PSP D-Pad is apparently good enough for fighting games AND I can play Garou on it, why not?

jarrod

Banned
Vic said:
Nope, the lack of fighting games is one of the biggest hole in the DS library that need to be fixed.
Agreed. I'm actually a little suprised we haven't seen Capcom roll out the usual favorites with a "for WFC" subtitle yet.

And gimme VF Kids DS plz SEGA.

kay

Nobody mentioned that Konami pulled a Koei/Sega by announcing they are not releasing Silent Hill 5 in Japan on the 360? I really don't see why not, they could generate enough sales to override the cost of production since the PS3 version will be translated.

Jonnyram

kay said:
Nobody mentioned that Konami pulled a Koei/Sega by announcing they are not releasing Silent Hill 5 in Japan on the 360? I really don't see why not, they could generate enough sales to override the cost of production since the PS3 version will be translated.
Actually it's been mentioned, but I think you're misinterpreting it too... Famitsu just mentioned the PS3 version, but there's been plenty of times where they've failed to mention the 360 version of a multi-platform release. Don't take it as final word just yet.

Also, VF5 on 360 is playable at TGS for some reason. I dunno if that means it will come out here or not.

Jonnyram

May as well post info from the TGS article now I mention it. Dunno if anyone else has written it up.

SCE:
Unannounced titles? Not confirmed.
Events? None.
Things to look out for? More than 40 playable PS3 titles, and the introduction of the new model of PSP.

Bandai Namco:
Unannounced titles? No.
Events? Main stage will be a Haruhi event and there'll be a "Tales of" corner. Also some Gundam events.
Things to look out for? More than 40 titles will be shown at the B-N booth.

Square Enix:
Unannounced titles? There may well be a surprise. Please check out the event hall.
Events? No.
Things to look out for? Two theaters - one open, one closed.

Konami:
Unannounced titles? A mysterious new titles will be revealed!
Events? MG series related events and an event related to the new title.
Things to look out for? There will be a fascinating new game revealed and the world's first playable installations of MGS4 + WE demo.

Capcom:
Unannounced titles? Please look forward to the Capcom booth on the day.
Events? There will be events related to the games they're showing.
Things to look out for? In addition to DMC and RE, new titles like We Love Golf and Treasure Hunter Z. Everything will be playable.

Sega:
Unannounced titles? Nothing special.
Events? RGG3 and Shiren 3 events.
Things to look out for? Playable Valkyrie, Shiren 3, Nights etc.

MS:
Unannounced titles? It's still secret. Please look forward to the actual day.
Events? Some famous people will be online playing R6 Vegas and Bomberman Online during the show. Plus Halo 3 stage event.
Things to look out for? More than 100 playable machines with most of the games coming out before the end of the year being playable.

Level-5:
Unannounced titles? Nothing special.
Events? Layton and Inazuma 11 stage events.
Things to look out for? The special demo ROM already revealed last week.

Top Bottom