• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread of the news of Japanese of the glory of Bangaioh of yak the 3 of this week mag

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
lolz @ 'kiryuu kazumanosuke'

oh shit, looks like the new bangaioh has got something resembling traditional shootery boss battles

lupin23rd

drohne said:
lolz @ 'kiryuu kazumanosuke'

oh shit, looks like the new bangaioh has got something resembling traditional shootery boss battles

Yeah, but I guess that might make it a definite "organized-crime related" story, which is a good thing :)

Trusty Bell is the new RE4. Definitely not going to buy the game now until I see the PS3 reviews for comparison.

Bring on Yakuza.

creamsugar

Bumpy Trot Beagle Battle Tournament (PSP)

Wii Games

Misc Games

Hot Shots Golf Portable 2 (PSP)

Soul Calibur 4 (PS3/360)

Bangaioh (DS)

Phthisis

creamsugar said:
Bumpy Trot Beagle Battle Tournament (PSP)

Someone MUST tell me what the scan says, PLEASE. Is it just an arena battler or is there an adventure component?

I really hope this comes stateside so I can give it, and Irem, all the American love they deserve.

8bit

Knows the Score
creamsugar said:
Bangaioh (DS)

viploader479092.jpg

&heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart; &heart;

KTallguy

Banned
Jonnyram said:
New games:
PS3 | Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (aka Yakuza 3)
Sega
Spring 2008
- Set in Edo period in 1605
- fighting styles are fists, one blade, two blade and big blade
- heat action has turned into special moves

Thank you god.

Yay for Bangaioh too :)

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
allen1982 said:
I just wish they had call this new game something else instead of trying to cash in on the series name and get my hopes (and people who enjoyed the first 2 game's style and setting) up.

As much as I would have loved to have seen them retread the first two games again in hi-res with glitterball lighting, a hot-damn-gorgeous 400-year-earlier prequel is exactly the kind of swagger and style I'd expect from the team, and about as far away from a cash-in as I can imagine. (I also fully expect an anachronous electric guitar soundtrack and the characters bringing sexy back in some glorious collision of Marie Antoinette and Sakuran.)

That is to say, OH GOD YES.

Chromax

Phthisis said:
Someone MUST tell me what the scan says, PLEASE. Is it just an arena battler or is there an adventure component?

I really hope this comes stateside so I can give it, and Irem, all the American love they deserve.

It sure look like it have adventure component...the whole city and forest settings...

*search for the part where they say Bumpy Trot 2 is heading to PS3*

Damn wow, Yakuza 3, Trusty Bell, Bumpy Trot PSP, Bumpy Trot 2 PS3...and then Minna no Golf Portable 2, fucking finally. Ad-hoc PLEASE. I mean PRETTY PLEASE. Oh and Minna no Tennis Portable too please. News overload, I like, I like.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
So the Treasure ESP game is Bangaioh... Never played the DC one but Treasure + Shooter + the amount of EXCITE caused by the news among some gaffers = BIG TIME IMPORT!!

No idea on when it's out, right?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Finally a LO date!!! I thought it might not make it. Who's the developer of Rainy Woods?

Edit: 2008 outside Japan? I thought it was being recorded in English and dubbed into Japanese?!? :(

Flek

Banned
Jonnyram said:
PS3/360 | Rainy Woods
MMV
- player is a young recruit in FBI, investigating a murder in a quiet rural town
- game has a morning-day-night cycle and the people of the town change with this cycle
- there is something in the town that is not from this world, apparently

any scans for this one?

tehbear

Yes!!!! Today's newston makes for a week of nonnews. Finally got to see IU, and now we have Yakuza 3, TB PS3 news, the return of the much deserved treasure epic that is Bangaioh. Oh this will make the wait to TGS much more bearable.

antiloop

tehbear said:
Yes!!!! Today's newston makes for a week of nonnews. Finally got to see IU, and now we have Yakuza 3, TB PS3 news, the return of the much deserved treasure epic that is Bangaioh. Oh this will make the wait to TGS much more bearable.

That would be my summary too.

How did I miss Steambot Chronicles on PS2. It looks really nice. :)

Awntawn

I've never tried the RGG series before, but this one has me really intrigued from these scans. Those ramen shop shots have the most visually believable environments I've seen this gen. If just from the sheer variety and amount of stuff in all the pics, this is probably one of the best looking games I've seen this gen. It really looks alive ;o

Tenbatsu

allen1982 said:
I stopped playing SRW a while ago, is Art 1 Ryusei's upgrade machine? so SRX is abbandoned???

Just a recap. SRX was destroyed in Alpha 3 and the SRX team had a new robot call Banpreios. The robot cannot be seperated like SRX due to some reasons. Art 1 only appear in the recent OGS, which I think its a prototype version of R1 to form Banpreios.
180px-Banpreios.jpg

linsivvi

I don't know man, I don't think RGG would have the same appeal to me without that Tokyo night life touch. I want my Shinjuku-ish sandbox game in HD, damn it!

allen1982

Banned
Oh I see, thanks for the info. I used to be crazy about SRW and I played SRW Alpha 2 4 times to beat it with each character. Then I began my first full-time job and then I just never got the time or patience to play through another SRW again. And now that people always put up all the battle animatino from SRW on youtube, I am even less motivated to play :D

DieH@rd

Banned
New games:
PS3 | Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (aka Yakuza 3)

Sega
Spring 2008
- Set in Edo period in 1605
- fighting styles are bare fists, one blade, two blade and big blade
- Miyamoto Musashi is in it, but not the main char?
- heat action has turned into special moves

- Miyamoto Musashi is in it, but not the main char?

- Miyamoto Musashi is in it

Miyamoto Musashi

Holy mother of gods!!! Musashi is in the game!!!!!!1!!!SHIFT!!!!!

Jonnyram

OK, I like the way that Rez HD and E4 were in the mag but the 2ch guy didn't mention them before the MS conference :/

Rez is due out this winter, no price set.
E4 due out in October, 800pts.
Angel Love Online coming to PS3 in December. Distributed online and free. Pay for items.

Question is, should I play Bioshock now or scan Famitsu... Hmmmmmmm.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Jonnyram said:
OK, I like the way that Rez HD and E4 were in the mag but the 2ch guy didn't mention them before the MS conference :/

Angel Love Online coming to PS3 in December. Distributed online and free. Pay for items.

I will let you eat a lot of nacho chips if you scan bangaioh :(

duckroll

Jonnyram said:

Scan BANGAIOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :D

Top Bottom