• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new Genei Ibun Roku #FE Trailers: Toma, World, Dungeon & Battle

FluxWaveZ

Toma Akagi (w/ Mirage Cain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYyavBIePXc
World: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VoQ-kcPFhw
Dungeon & Battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp2eCX8BVBo

Official website screenshots:
6DyLjoY.jpg
nuFPM9Q.jpg
M229Pm4.jpg

toi8 (character designer) art for Toma:

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Western release secured , right ?

Yep. It was on Nintendo's E3 Treehouse Live event, during which they talked about the difficulties of localizing this game. It also was on their release schedule published recently as part of the Investor's Meeting.

Note: I haven't been paying attention to EU details; the above was written from a US perspective. I'm guessing it was confirmed for both.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I really like how hitting an enemy in the overworld doesn't force you into the battle so you can just run away.

m0t0k1

OMG. Toma is great he wants to be a live action hero. Had to screencap this part of the toma trailer.
the :eek: faces
gravureapae9.png
This game is shaping up to be goty of next year. The setting, the battle system, the music and the dungeons just everything is clicking with me

edit: a bit nsfw so i put it in a spoiler

MattXIII

Looking freakin' great!

My biggest fear is how much is the western localisation gonna mess with things.

But yeh, This and Persona 5 next year....... sogood.gif

animations and transitions look very dated. of course i shouldn't have expected persona 5 level details, but those dungeon animations are straight out of ps2 era. the way he triggers a device without moving and his sword disappears any time he does an action. it just looks so careless. wish they could have really polished things like that.

Luigiv

Yep, that's [alternate mythos] Persona alright.
Don't tell me that it isn't, because you know I'm right.

I know the story and characters are going to be some simple minded adolescent bullshit. Despite that, this game continues to looks better and stranger with each new trailer.

NeonZ

Balrog_YomotsuShikome_zpsd1byqlwc.jpg

Balrog (left) and Yomotsu Shikome (right) enemy Mirages. There was also a Troll mirage revealed before. It's kind of odd how they're including quite a few of these mythological (well, not so much in Balrog's case) monster mirages, but actual demon designs are only referenced by the stores.

Luigiv

Balrog_YomotsuShikome_zpsd1byqlwc.jpg

Balrog (left) and Yomotsu Shikome (right) enemy Mirages. There was also a Troll mirage revealed before. It's kind of odd how they're including quite a few of these mythological (well, not so much in Balrog's case) monster mirages, but actual demon designs are only referenced by the stores.
That's because this isn't that type of a crossover. The SMT demon's are only referenced as easter eggs, otherwise they're not officially part of this games cannon.

NeonZ

That's because this isn't that type of a crossover. The SMT demon's are only referenced as easter eggs, otherwise they're not officially part of this games cannon.

Yes, I know, but then why are they even including random mythological monsters that have nothing to do with Fire Emblem? If they were going to do that, they might as well have used SMT designs for them.

I'll join most in this thread and agree that this game is looking better with each new video. I'm excited to play it. It's gotta be a nightmare to localize, though. I'm hoping that they just keep it as Japanese as possible.

Either way, give me a release date, Nintendo!

Luigiv

Yes, I know, but then why are they even including random mythological monsters that have nothing to do with Fire Emblem? If they were going to do that, they might as well have used SMT designs for them.

Because reasons. I dunno, guess it's just the way they wanted to do things.

Top Bottom