• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new Genei Ibun Roku #FE Trailers: Toma, World, Dungeon & Battle

Yes, I know, but then why are they even including random mythological monsters that have nothing to do with Fire Emblem? If they were going to do that, they might as well have used SMT designs for them.

Maybe they just didn't think that the SMT demons would fit the tone or aesthetic of the game.

Balrog_YomotsuShikome_zpsd1byqlwc.jpg

Balrog (left) and Yomotsu Shikome (right) enemy Mirages. There was also a Troll mirage revealed before. It's kind of odd how they're including quite a few of these mythological (well, not so much in Balrog's case) monster mirages, but actual demon designs are only referenced by the stores.

Originally I thought that Balrog is the same as in Gaiden, then I realized Gaiden's Balrog is a gargoyle lol

chadboban

I loved the dungeon and battle trailer. I wish more of the trailers focused on that. Instead the majority of the trailers tend to shove as much Jpop and anime characters as they can into it, which I personally really don't mind, but I notice that it really tends to turn a lot of people off of the game.

animations and transitions look very dated. of course i shouldn't have expected persona 5 level details, but those dungeon animations are straight out of ps2 era. the way he triggers a device without moving and his sword disappears any time he does an action. it just looks so careless. wish they could have really polished things like that.

Are we watching the same trailer?
He moved when interacting with the device
https://youtu.be/kp2eCX8BVBo?t=26

There was transition effect when his sword disappeared.

FluxWaveZ

Never had any doubts about this and was always shocked anyone who claims to like JRPGs ever did. Atlus doing what they do.

I've always been confident in the gameplay aspect of it since it was shown, but I'm still not convinced when it comes to the story or how much I'll care about the characters.

We're seeing the same dungeon we did back at E3. I guess they really don't want to reveal much (which I am also perfectly fine with).

OMG. Toma is great he wants to be a live action hero. Had to screencap this part of the toma trailer.
I know this is a stale, sensitive and much discussed topic but my first thought on seeing that was "what will the English version look like?"

There was transition effect when his sword disappeared.
But it just fades out of his hands. He should have an animation where he shoves it up his ass like Sheik does with the harp in OOT.

FluxWaveZ

I know this is a stale, sensitive and much discussed topic but my first thought on seeing that was "what will the English version look like?"

If it was Atlus localizing this, it would be a safe bet that the scene would be exactly the same. But does Nintendo have a history of censoring or modifying these things (I know about the FE: Awakening, XCX and Fatal Frame outfit changes)?

This game will very likely be rated M by the ESRB, so there's that.

m0t0k1

Hope it stays the same in the game she used to be an "gravure idol" which means she kinda makes a living by selling her sexualty. Like a lot of Bikini shoots for magazines. So they can't censor that by changing the game into something else. Its a game about all sides from the media/entertainment world. We have singers, movie actors, choreographers, tv show actors and photo models. It would be weird to cut that part since we get magazines like that too here in the west.

-Horizon-

If that was real timed, like that was exactly how long it took from enemy encounter to in battle after the splash screen, then I think they really improved the loading time for it. It seemed to take much longer when it was shown at E3.

L Thammy

So we finally found out what that Mirage bar is. I guess we only have limited slots with which to customize Mirages. I wonder if that includes out-of-battle effects like that Enemy Scan that we saw in the Treehouse trailer.

I think Toma and Mamori are my favourite characters so far. Toma's a henshin hero, which is cool enough by itself. Mamori is a little kid with a giant battle axe singing grandma music. That's definitely the most unique character here.

Barry is gross.

If that was real timed, like that was exactly how long it took from enemy encounter to in battle after the splash screen, then I think they really improved the loading time for it. It seemed to take much longer when it was shown at E3.

It's not. Notice that when he attacks in the enemy in the overworld Toma is in the party, while the battle has Elenoire.

FluxWaveZ

It's not. Notice that when he attacks in the enemy in the overworld Toma is in the party, while the battle has Elenoire.

But Toma is part of the sub cast, so maybe that's represented in the dungeon exploration menu portraits? Then again, I didn't see Kiria at all in that battle and she's supposed to be in the sub cast too.

But Toma is part of the sub cast, so maybe that's represented in the dungeon exploration menu portraits? Then again, I didn't see Kiria at all in that battle and she's supposed to be in the sub cast too.

Well they were around lv11 in the overworld while in the battle, the level average was 30, so they were just two different parts put in together

FluxWaveZ

Well they were around lv11 in the overworld while in the battle, the level average was 30, so they were just two different parts put in together

Ah, well that's that. I wonder why they'd bother doing that. My guess is that they don't want to show off a later dungeon or later on in the game, but they did want to show off how battles work with a greater number of characters active at the same time?

Isotope

I love how out of all the weapons Mamori uses, it's a giant axe that's bigger than her. I do hope that it sells decent/well in the long run, since Nintendo would want this to be a series; would also make them have their own JRPG series on their systems ala Persona (Obviously not counting the spinoffs).

i-Jest

Are people still disappointed with the visuals and combat of the game? I don't keep up with these things but I'm curious to know. I really like what I see so far.

Akhe

I love how out of all the weapons Mamori uses, it's a giant axe that's bigger than her. I do hope that it sells decent/well in the long run, since Nintendo would want this to be a series; would also make them have their own JRPG series on their systems ala Persona (Obviously not counting the spinoffs).

Bomb or not, this game will be mine!!

dr-evil-o.gif

-Horizon-

Aw that sucks. Still, I would assume that Atlus is ironing that out. I don't think I've played any of their games that have such a long wait time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Pretty sure it'll bomb everywhere; the hype just isn't there.

Pretty sure it'll bomb everywhere; the hype just isn't there.

Yup, this releasing on an unpopular console at a time of year when Nintendo are probably going to be announcing their next console, the genre is already niche enough as it is, let alone the install base for the console = dead on arrival. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets digital only release in the West, after what happened with Fatal Frame V and Devil's Third barely getting a physical release...

RiggyRob

Yup, this releasing on an unpopular console at a time of year when Nintendo are probably going to be announcing their next console, the genre is already niche enough as it is, let alone the install base for the console = dead on arrival. Wouldn't be surprised if this gets digital only release in the West, after what happened with Fatal Frame V and Devil's Third barely getting a physical release...

I think the opposite, Atlus are going to want to push this in America at least and NoE will have a decent marketing campaign by their standards.

Verder

everytime i see this game i get more and more into it

buuuuut whats with his running animation? kinda seems off

I think the opposite, Atlus are going to want to push this in America at least and NoE will have a decent marketing campaign by their standards.

If NoE is pushing it, then it will have a better marketing campaign than any other Atlus game ever released here.

Top Bottom