• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three new Genei Ibun Roku #FE Trailers: Toma, World, Dungeon & Battle

I think the opposite, Atlus are going to want to push this in America at least and NoE will have a decent marketing campaign by their standards.

Do we know who is going to be publishing it yet? I'd imagine Atlus might have their plates full with Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei IV Final and possibly Etrian Odyssey 5 whenever that needs to get localized too (still don't know what platform that's even for yet). I thought that Tecmo would localize Fatal Frame V but it was NoA.

RiggyRob

Do we know who is going to be publishing it yet? I'd imagine Atlus might have their plates full with Persona 5 and Shin Megami Tensei IV Final and possibly Etrian Odyssey 5 whenever that needs to get localized too (still don't know what platform that's even for yet). I thought that Tecmo would localize Fatal Frame V but it was NoA.

No idea, but speaking from a UK/EU perspective, Atlus will probably ignore the European release and let NoE handle it, who do a fairly decent job of not letting games just go out to die.

Yeah, NoE will do a good job, so we're safe, I just worry for our NA brethren. Sorry to see them get burned over Fatal Frame V...

I doubt it would be digital only. Would be completely bonkers to do so.

Well, I agree it would be bonkers, but people will have to keep their fingers crossed that Atlus USA are publishing it then, otherwise there will be another campaign for physical release...

FluxWaveZ

I think the opposite, Atlus are going to want to push this in America at least and NoE will have a decent marketing campaign by their standards.

But the marketing in America would be all Nintendo of America, not Atlus.

Well, I agree it would be bonkers, but people will have to keep their fingers crossed that Atlus USA are publishing it then, otherwise there will be another campaign for physical release...

We already know it's NoA.

And this game really isn't going to be digital only.

-Horizon-

Yeah, NoE will do a good job, so we're safe, I just worry for our NA brethren. Sorry to see them get burned over Fatal Frame V...

I think NoA will be nicer to things that actually has one of their major IP in it.

If anything though, I would expect the game to only be in print for a short while.

Nintendo is listed as the publisher on the EU webpage for it.

randomkid

With no Megaten demons in this game outside of easter eggs and Nintendo (and Treehouse?) localizing, I wonder if this game will even use Megaten spell names in English. Maybe someone will decide that "Rakukaja" and "Mazio" aren't descriptive enough.

RiggyRob

With no Megaten demons in this game outside of easter eggs and Nintendo (and Treehouse?) localizing, I wonder if this game will even use Megaten spell names in English. Maybe someone will decide that "Rakukaja" and "Mazio" aren't descriptive enough.

I'd bet a decent amount they'll be changed to Thunder, Thundara, Elthunder, Bolting etc. to follow the Fire Emblem theme.

Akhe

Amazing how this looks worse every time I see it.

quando-a-namorada.gif

Neph1x

Neo Member
Hmm, anyone got any idea how old the characters are supposed to be?

Was thinking about importing but I don't want to find some 13 year old girl wearing a bikini in the game. :/

Malvingt2

So this is a crossover correct? where is FE? like I have yet to see anything from the series in this game? weapons maybe? I am confused.

Was thinking about importing but I don't want to find some 13 year old girl wearing a bikini in the game. :/

There's a charecter who's probably around 13-14, but she doesn't have a (currently known about at least) swimsuit outfit.

Her Carnage form is pretty unsexualised:

They haven't given exact ages for most of the cast though.

So this is a crossover correct? where is FE? like I have yet to see anything from the series in this game? weapons maybe? I am confused.

The Mirages who fight alongside the main cast are alternate interpretations of Fire Emblem characters. Chrom for example:
There's also numerous other references, such as the MC using Chrom's sword, the weapon triangle featuring in the combat, Tiki and Anna having roles, ect. More comprehensive list here: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Genei_Ibun_Roku♯FE#Fire_Emblem_related_characters

kiryogi

Banned
Good catch!!

I absolutely love the performance theme around the arena. From the chemistry to the design.

It's ok there's still Tsubasa whos 17 and prances around in a bikini. Plus swimsuit DLC.

Luigiv

No idea yet. All we really know is that they're all young enough to still be in school. Though going by their designs, I think it's safe to say that most of them are highschool aged not middleschool aged.

RK128

Pretty sure it'll bomb everywhere; the hype just isn't there.

If they market it close to launch to be close to Persona's style and gameplay (riding off the hype train of Persona 5), they might get a lot of sales based on how similar SMTxFE looks to the Persona series.

Honestly, I could see this getting a NX port down the line if Atlus/Nintendo aren't happy with Wii U sales numbers; its a big JRPG and it looks like it can be a hit, so it would be a great launch JRPG for the NX if Nintendo wants it to be.

Still, if they market it right and bother to treat it like how they treat other main-line Nintendo titles (Kirby, DK, Mario, Smash Bros, Splatoon, ect) with retail copies and lots of marketing, it could do well enough on Wii U.

RK128

Do you guys think we will get this before persona 5 in the west?

Yep, as its reportedly coming out in Japan not that far away from now (Dec/Jan). My bet is that the game will be a summer release for the Wii U, making its line up like this:
-Mario & Sonic: Feb 2016
-Star Fox Zero: March 2016
-Project Treasure: May/June 2016
-SMTxFE: June/July 2016
-Twilight Princess HD: August 2016

RK128

That doesn't necessarily meen we'll also see it in the west first. Take PLvsAA and AA5 for example. PLvsAA released first in Japan but came out much later than AA5 in the west.

Nintendo really needs some heavy hitters for next year on the Wii U and with this being one of the 'last' set of big games for the console, they must want it out on Wii U before June lands.

So I bet localization is starting now and I would also be willing to bet that they will skip on having localized English VA's and just have Japanese VA's with English Sub-Titles (like many JRPG's like SAO: Lost Song/Hollow Fragment) to get the game out faster and not have to tackle the localization issues they mentioned during E3 2015 (with the singing for example).

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They have probably been working on localization since atleast the summer, atleast in the planning stages as they talked about localization alot in the treehouse video

kiryogi

Banned
Nintendo really needs some heavy hitters for next year on the Wii U and with this being one of the 'last' set of big games for the console, they must want it out on Wii U before June lands.

So I bet localization is starting now and I would also be willing to bet that they will skip on having localized English VA's and just have Japanese VA's with English Sub-Titles (like many JRPG's like SAO: Lost Song/Hollow Fragment) to get the game out faster and not have to tackle the localization issues they mentioned during E3 2015 (with the singing for example).

Dunno! Xenoblade X is dub only!

RK128

Dunno! Xenoblade X is dub only!

Really? Interesting....I guess they put a lot of effort into localizing that game then, so good on Nintendo's part (same with Fatal Frame, as that has English VA with JP VA option too).

I just feel that with SMTxFE being so invested in its JP Culture and J-Pop music, it would be wiser to only have JP VA and have English Sub-titles; makes the game come out faster and it costs Nintendo less money.

kiryogi

Banned
Really? Interesting....I guess they put a lot of effort into localizing that game then, so good on Nintendo's part (same with Fatal Frame, as that has English VA with JP VA option too).

I just feel that with SMTxFE being so invested in its JP Culture and J-Pop music, it would be wiser to only have JP VA and have English Sub-titles; makes the game come out faster and it costs Nintendo less money.

They may just give us the pleasure of dubbing the songs! :horror:

Luigiv

Given how long they're taking on Xenoblade X, I'd say June is probably a little optimistic. You never know, though, maybe you'll be right. My whole point was anything can happen.

This definitely won't happen though. Nintendo will definitely record a new dub. They're not the sort of company to half-ass this sort of thing, for better or worse.

FluxWaveZ

It also means potentially significantly fewer sales than if it had a dub. There's no way this game is coming out without an English dub.

I also don't think it's obvious that Genei Ibun Roku will be releasing before Persona 5 in North America, but I don't know what to think about that game anymore.

#FE is July 2016 in NA at the earliest, but we also don't know when FE Fates is coming out and I don't think they'll want to release #FE next to that.

RK128

It also means potentially significantly fewer sales than if it had a dub. There's no way this game is coming out without an English dub.

I also don't think it's obvious that Genei Ibun Roku will be releasing before Persona 5 in North America, but I don't know what to think about that game anymore.

#FE is July 2016 in NA at the earliest, but we also don't know when FE Fates is coming out and I don't think they'll want to release #FE next to that.

I see Persona 5 as a Fall 2016 at this point (if its still coming out in 2016....been pushed back enough times that I honestly feel indifferent to the game coming out sadly; still excited for it, but will only show it when the game finally launches), as it would fit nicely with the line up of PS Exclusives (has to come out before FFXV though; two JRPGs out at the same time might make both suffer).

#FE I feel is a June game and even if it means lower sales, I could see Nintendo being cheap and saying "We need Wii U games. Atlus, forget the English VA's, just have English Sub-Titles and call it a day". Not the best move, but one I could see Nintendo doing; they have very little coming out for the Wii U next year (with only Star Fox, this, Zelda U and maybe Twilight Princess HD to help them out).

Unless they have a lot in store for the Wii U (which I don't expect), then they need games coming out fast for the console. Even if it means not having English VA's, I see the game coming out June 2016. Would be happy to be wrong about the no English VA's but lets see what happens :).

Top Bottom