• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Heidecker reviews movies - On Cinema At The Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only recently got into the whole On Cinema and Decker cannon thing. At season 7 now, and oh my god the
Paul Turbo
thing absolutely killed me. Great stuff this, too bad that I only have one more oscar special to go though.

I'm legit shook that Tim is in jail. Greg brings the expert knowledge about movies but Tim has always been the heart and soul of this show. Hopefully Tim knows a good bail bondsman in San Bernadino and is back soon.

BioHazard

RIP to the victims of Tim and Dr. San's negligence.

Gregg and Mark letting out some pent-up anger last episode. Finally the age of Tim is behind us and it's time to get serious about movies again.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
The new Tim and Eric app is such a letdown. I thought it'd have all their material and shows in one place to stream, but every item just a link to either a website where the episode might not even be available to watch, or a link to iTunes or Amazon to buy it. I suppose I expected too much from a free app.

Venture

I'm legit shook that Tim is in jail. Greg brings the expert knowledge about movies but Tim has always been the heart and soul of this show. Hopefully Tim knows a good bail bondsman in San Bernadino and is back soon.
I'm worried about what this might mean for a new season of Decker. I guess they could always get Mark to play the role. His portrayal in the lost episode Decker Vs Dracula was uncanny.

The new Tim and Eric app is such a letdown. I thought it'd have all their material and shows in one place to stream, but every item just a link to either a website where the episode might not even be available to watch, or a link to iTunes or Amazon to buy it. I suppose I expected too much from a free app.
So one bag of popcorn?

Venture

New episode livestreams at 5:00 EST today. Considering what's been going on it should be a doozy.

9txCf03.png

Also, there's a great interview with Gregg at Den of Geek:

Why Movie Buffs Need To Be Watching Adult Swim's 'On Cinema'
Comic book movies are very popular right now. You and Tim have reviewed a bunch of them on the show. Is there a certain comic book that you’d like to see come to life on the silver screen?

Well I mean it happened with Ant-Man. And I happened to star in it. So more Ant-Man movies, please. And fewer Fantastic Four movies because I think that one really didn't work. I don't really think the policy of buying your way into movies like Tim did with that one is really the way to make a good film. I'd like to see another Richie Rich film, too. I thought that had great franchise potential.

With all of the connected universes that are going on right now, maybe do Richie Rich, Casper, then have them meet up.

That would be ideal. Sometimes those sorts of movies really work out well. If you've seen Abbott & Costello Meet the Mummy, you wouldn't think those things would work, but it's actually one of the best mummy movies of all time. Look, if people can get more movies made, that's always a good thing. What's a problem is when people try and terminate franchises. Police Academy hasn't had a movie in years. Then there's other things like Kramer Vs. Kramer. Nobody died in that! As far as I'm concerned, let's do another Kramer movie. It doesn't have to be Vs. Kramer again because he's already divorced, but maybe he marries again and he divorces his new wife. There's five movies there. Five different women that he divorces each time and has kids with them. That would be fantastic. 

And this amazing song someone posted to SoundCloud:

https://soundcloud.com/iverhillman/on-cinema-society

Alright, all caught up now with the backlog. Great stuff! What's the release schedule for these videos btw? When do they put them up on youtube? I think I saw Tim Heidecker tweet recently that they were livestreaming it this past Monday or something, so why isn't ep9 on youtube yet?

CHC

Alright, all caught up now with the backlog. Great stuff! What's the release schedule for these videos btw? When do they put them up on youtube? I think I saw Tim Heidecker tweet recently that they were livestreaming it this past Monday or something, so why isn't ep9 on youtube yet?

When it's current season it's best to just watch them on Adult Swim's site. It's free, and airs at 5PM EST on Mondays.

I could watch a whole series of Gregg and Mark just reacting to stuff. That whole episode was brilliant.

That undiluted fear in Mark's voice at the end: "Tim's never gonna see this.... right?"

Start from the beginning and watch the whole thing, Decker included. It's incredible. This is a good playlist that puts everything in the right order, or close to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFHLfmoLchI&list=PLoNT68a21gfd6-vUS9GXG_MO1hkrdE6zu

-edit-
Decker season 4 isn't on YouTube but you can stream it at Adult Swim.
Thanks for the playlist link. I've been marathoning this and am into s3 now. I love how every movie gets 4 or 5 bags whether they love it or hate it. I also laugh at all the Oscar worthy stuff.

Venture

That undiluted fear in Mark's voice at the end: "Tim's never gonna see this.... right?"
Wonder how long he's going to stay in hiding lol.

Thanks for the playlist link. I've been marathoning this and am into s3 now. I love how every movie gets 4 or 5 bags whether they love it or hate it. I also laugh at all the Oscar worthy stuff.
No problem. I just rewatched them all over again a few weeks ago.

That was a very touching tribute to Dr Luther San. He reached the hearts of so many people including myself.

Good luck to Tim on his hearing today. I am sending many prayers for a speedy and fair resolution.

Been a real Tim (and Eric) binge after finally watching On Cinema and Decker. Check It Out had me a fucking rolling consistently, and Bedtime Stories was actually really well done, while having some of their style of humor sprinkled around.

That being said though, I watched 3 episodes of the first season of the Awesome Show, and it's not really grabbing me. I'm supposing that's because their latter work is probably way more evolved than their earlier work, but yeah, I dunno. Gonna tough it out though, it's pretty short anyway.

This series is amazing. I'm into s8 now I think. It starts off sorta straight forward, Kaufman-esque dry humor and completely (de)volves into all sorts of twists and turns of infighting, out of control egos, death (RIP Tom Cruise Heidecker), etc. I laugh out loud at least once per episode.

I still haven't watched any of the long form stuff yet - the Oscar specials and stuff. I guess I'll save those until I'm done mainlining the regular episodes and the Decker stuff.

EDIT: Also, I love the little side plot going on about Tim being super conservative and can't wait to see the episode about that weird Hillary Clinton "documentary".

Kenstar

The best thing I can remember from this is some random in the comments ironically saying how the popcorn has sound effects but the soda cups dont, and they would be better with a soothing bubbling pour sound added onto them, after which the channel replied saying they would going forward, and DID in the next vid

EDIT: Found it
U0EGGff.jpg

WcnhnYf.jpg

Before:
After

etrain911

Having just discovered this show, I am in love. Gregg's continued knowledge of cinema and film as the movie buff plays so well with Tim's controversial and inspired views on things like medicine and politics. As a huge Decker head, I look forward to the next season.

Venture

"You Asked For A Hero" Decker: Unsealed official music video. Several new scenes in there.

The best thing I can remember from this is some random in the comments ironically saying how the popcorn has sound effects but the soda cups dont, and they would be better with a soothing bubbling pour sound added onto them, after which the channel replied saying they would going forward, and DID in the next vid

EDIT: Found it
U0EGGff.jpg

WcnhnYf.jpg

Before:
After
Never noticed that before!

lol wow this show really goes places. I'm on the Snowden episode now
where Tim is burnt to a crisp haha

EDIT: BTW, I was trying to think of what this show reminded me of how it starts out as one thing and takes a major left turn and spins a narrative and it hit me - Gear (although On Cinema did it first, I just saw Gear first). It's a show on some weird channel like Tru TV or something like that. But it starts as Jon Glaser (Delocated, Neon Joe, etc) reviewing gear for different activities and it gets crazier and crazier as the season goes on. I think anyone that likes On Cinema might like Gear as well.

lol wow this show really goes places. I'm on the Snowden episode now
where Tim is burnt to a crisp haha

EDIT: BTW, I was trying to think of what this show reminded me of how it starts out as one thing and takes a major left turn and spins a narrative and it hit me - Gear (although On Cinema did it first, I just saw Gear first). It's a show on some weird channel like Tru TV or something like that. But it starts as Jon Glaser (Delocated, Neon Joe, etc) reviewing gear for different activities and it gets crazier and crazier as the season goes on. I think anyone that likes On Cinema might like Gear as well.

I just watched the trailer and some clips of GEAR, seems like loads of fun!

Finally finished the On Cinema playlist. What a rollercoaster. And RIP
Dr. San
you will be missed.

Now going back to watch the Oscar specials. This first one is rough - it looks like it was filmed with a flip phone.

CHC

God it brings me such joy to hear about people discovering this show now. It's such a fucking journey to go through.

I legitimately think it has some of the deepest and most realistic characterization in any show - let alone a comedy show - out there. Tim and Gregg are just such perfect codependent assholes. Both distinctly intolerable and needy.

Going through these Oscar Specials (I'm watching the 4th one currently) and its great seeing these two break character from laughing. Greg is doing a popcorn classic of Kuffs and he's trying to be straight and you can see Tim on the edge of the screen start to lose it and then Tim gains his composure and Greg loses it.

Oh and I watched Ant Man for the first time the other day and forgot about Greg's cameo and damn near applauded when he first showed up on screen. His part was great.

The On Cinema/Decker universe is so rich.

I hope you guys have been keeping up with Mind Wipe, it's incredible. The intro makes me laugh every time; it captures that C-level weekend network television vibe perfectly.

The On Cinema/Decker universe is so rich.

I hope you guys have been keeping up with Mind Wipe, it's incredible. The intro makes me laugh every time; it captures that C-level weekend network television vibe perfectly.

Whoa whoa stop the clock. Never heard of this. To the googles!

Hmm I'm just seeing stuff about Yu-gi-oh, Transformers, and Ark Survival Evolved. Do you have a link to it? Is it on youtube?

kulapik

Whoa whoa stop the clock. Never heard of this. To the googles!

Hmm I'm just seeing stuff about Yu-gi-oh, Transformers, and Ark Survival Evolved. Do you have a link to it? Is it on youtube?

MindWipe is the newest season of Decker. It's airing on Adult Swim, it's probably on their site

MindWipe is the newest season of Decker. It's airing on Adult Swim, it's probably on their site

The one that just ended like two or three weeks ago? Where
the vice president* just destroyed the presidential cabinet?
. I didn't realize that was called MindWipe.

*that guys face / head / hair is mesmerizing btw

The one that just ended like two or three weeks ago? Where
the vice president* just destroyed the presidential cabinet?
. I didn't realize that was called MindWipe.

*that guys face / head / hair is mesmerizing btw

No, MindWipe picked up literally the week after that ended. There's only been two episodes.

No, MindWipe picked up literally the week after that ended. There's only been two episodes.
Wow what a turn around. I just checked and the first two episodes are thankfully on demand. Gonna watch them now.

And I had been watching more of the oscar special. How dare Tim question that sweet old man not being the real James Dean. I assume once the results of the DNA test is revealed he has some real egg on his face.

Holy shit at the guest in MindWipe s3!
Dr. San!
Also I loved the callback to Greg having seen Sully on release day.

CHC

I fucking love how MindWipe started literally the next week. No gap between seasons.... lol

Also love how bitterly divided even the credits are: "MindWipe concept developed by Tim Heidecker." Basically just like "this was my idea!!!"

Do you folks think the legit actors are in on the joke of this universe? Like I'm watching this 4th Oscar special (I'm watching it bit by bit on my lunch breaks which is why its taking so long) and when Tim yells at Joe Estevez he seems to take it to heart. I had assumed that if anyone was in on it it would've been him. I'm pretty sure that Aripria and James Dean have no idea whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom