• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Heidecker reviews movies - On Cinema At The Cinema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fari

I'm sure that Madea would've been a five bagger even without the post-Hobbit high that Gregg was experiencing.

Sorcerer

Is this greg guy in on the joke? He seems so serious, lol.

Of course Gregg is. He also play a character named Neil Hamburger that should be checked out.

It seems to me that the whole thing is just winged and improvised. Witch makes it so funny.

I doubt they have ever seen a movie they talk about. They only rate the movies but never actually discuss them in any detail.

I remember once they reviewed a movie so far in advance they could not have possibly have even seen it.

Just because you disagree with Tim's politics doesn't mean you have to spread falsities about the show. I've heard from friends pretty high up in Hollywood that Tim and Gregg get access to all of these films as soon as they are edited to give them enough time to rate everything fairly using the sometimes tricky popcorn system.

Bread

Banned
Of course Gregg is. He also play a character named Neil Hamburger that should be checked out.

It seems to me that the whole thing is just winged and improvised. Witch makes it so funny.

I doubt they have ever seen a movie they talk about. They only rate the movies but never actually discuss them in any detail.

I remember once they reviewed a movie so far in advance they could not have possibly have even seen it.
I can't believe my eyes, you're trying to tell us that they don't even watch the movies they review? How do you think they come up with nominations for Oscar? I bet you think Tim was joking about his brain tumor too...

I can't believe my eyes, you're trying to tell us that they don't even watch the movies they review? How do you think they come up with nominations for Oscar? I bet you think Tim was joking about his brain tumor too...

My guess is this is that Sorcerer might be a scorned ex-lover of Tim's, whether his ex-wife, shamed tape thief Ayaka or one of their friends.

Anyone in the Bay Area want to go see On Cinema live next week (Saturday, January 25th, 12pm, The Roxie Cinema)? I have an extra ticket (wife has to work) that otherwise is going to go unused. The venue is general admission so I'm planning on getting there a few hours early.

Going to check with friends, but I don't know that anyone I know IRL follows the show.

Pedersen

Did anyone see their Oscar special? I know I did!

(Or no I didn't but I am now!)

There are some great laughs in there and coupled with the exptertise of Gregg Turkington(with others), I think this can top last years Oscar special. So buckle up for a 4-hour oscar extravaganza!

jwMf5iI.png

There are some great laughs in there and coupled with the exptertise of Gregg Turkington(with others), I think this can top last years Oscar special. So buckle up for a 4-hour oscar extravaganza!

jwMf5iI.png

Someone made a thread for it but I don't think it was terribly active sadly.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

jwMf5iI.png

oh boy, did we ever! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778169.

that thread was a real treat, a lot of appreciation for the real #expertise on show. we're lucky the GAF servers held up when gregg's amazing finale went down.

can't wait for next year!

Pedersen

Haha I see they have a big following! Fantastic! Can't wait to see through the whole special. Think I'm going to make me some popcorn and watch the rest now actually! And I haven't even seen the last On Cinema episode yet either, so I have a lot of catching up to do!!

We had a big party here. What a treat to see WC Fields and Charlie Chaplin bring a taste of Old Hollywood onto the On Cinema set.

I designed a one-of-a-kind popcorn box and made diabetes-friendly snacks (flax popcorn and a gummy bears rolled in flax—made the Oscar out of Haribo Easter Bunny gummies):
SUbi+

Sorcerer

Who else is excited for "Decker"?

How can Gregg dismiss this as not a real movie?

@PotatoeMasher: Nice work!!!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
All in all I thought it was a good showing. However, I did not like that Tim was given a hard time for just cutting loose a little bit. The man has been through a lot. Not only has he had a recent scare with a brain tumor, but he's been really stressed about the state of Eastern Europe. I thought it was very rude of Greg to criticize him, especially as a guest on Tim's show. Hopefully next year they will be able to find a less disruptive guest for the broadcast.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
love that Ant Man reivew

"Shame on the studio"

Venture

Holy crap, Golden Age Comedies is back! Mark's still got it. Truly the master impressionist of our age.

Oh, and Tim
killed 18 people.

Robot Pants

Honestly some of the best comedy created. The side story between Tim and Greg is so well done.

The events that take place in the last two seasons are amazing

~Kinggi~

Banned
this is masterpiece theater type shit quality stuff they are beautiful men

been marathoning that playlist that one dude posted on and off to have some times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom