• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 PC Performance Thread

I wonder what kind of performance and settings/resolution I could set this game at with these underwhelming specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

Graphics card just above the minimum spec so probably not that solid a performance even on lower settings, unless the game is really flexible?

I wonder what kind of performance and settings/resolution I could set this game at with these underwhelming specs:

Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680

Graphics card just above the minimum spec so probably not that solid a performance even on lower settings, unless the game is really flexible?

My 2GB 680 with same RAM and similar CPU is running it at a decently solid 60fps on low/medium settings. And it looks totally fine too.

My friend and I have been having this happen, and I think others have mentioned it. It's probably server-side, though it's very infrequent for me (one every 5 matches, maybe?)
It's definitely the game's renderer is completely halting. Audio still plays and when it's done freezing everything (scoreboard, timer, etc) skips forward. It happens multiple times a game, sometimes 15+. Not all MP games have it thankfully.

I have had actual lag (ping in the menu fluctuates between 50 and 600 really fast and everything starts teleporting and getting slowmo/weird.

I can't find autoexec.cfg file in my folder. I tried creating one, but that didn't seem to work either. Can someone help me out a bit?
You have to create it in the install directory, not in your Documents directory. The path is Titanfall2\r2\autoexec.cfg. You also have to add +exec autoexec.cfg to your launch options.

okay, turned off ambient occlusion, everything else maxed, and now the game runs 100+ fps consistently.

forgot how AO made R1's framerate TANK for me, source + AO = death to 980ti apparently.

Dubz

8GB RAM

I have a 1440p Gsync monitor, and the highest resolution I see is 1080p. Anyone else get this

My game is not yet fully downloaded, so I'm not sure if this is the reason.

What resolution are you running the game on, out of curiosity?

EDIT: Oh, and have you tried running the campaign yet? If so, how's the performance there?

I'm running at 1080p.

And no I didn't touch campaign, others have said multiplayer is much more demanding though, so that's good. If you can run multiplayer well you'll likely be able to turn things up a touch for campaign. I'm holding off on campaign until I'm back on my proper PC in two weeks (a 1080 and 6700k).

Mupod

I was able to get some benefit out of SLI 970s by using the Titanfall 1 SLI bits. In the area I tested I went from 60-80 FPS to 75-100. So far the main side effect is that in a few spots, certain light sources blink a lot and it's annoying. But I've only seen it do that in one multiplayer map.

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for it, but is anyone else dealing with really sluggish matchmaking for the less popular modes such as capture the flag?

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for it, but is anyone else dealing with really sluggish matchmaking for the less popular modes such as capture the flag?

Early reports suggest extremely small numbers and tbh you should have been aware that this was a very likely scenario. Ps4 and xbone have a good playerbase but need a patch to sort out network issues. My concern for lack of a community is the only reason i didnt buy this game. I quite liked the first one but it died off asap

Freiya

I really really want to buy this game but I can't do it unless SLI works. Has anyone tested the bioshock bits? I need my 4k 60 fps. ;(*

BIGWORM

Good Lord, EA servers are taking a beating right now. On my 150MBPS connection I'm downloading at 250kb/s. Yikes.

Well this sucks, I thought game supported SLI so i bought it on PC. It'd be cool if I could play it it on a single 780 Ti but the frame rate is all over the place at 2560x1080. Hopefully they include it in the next update :/ Should have bought it on PS4.

Orayn

Just wrapped up the campaign, very pleased with performance on this.

i5 2500k, stock speed
GTX 970
8GB RAM

All settings high, TSAA, 1080p, maintained 60 FPS 95% of the time. A few areas and setpieces ran in the 50's. It also felt much smoother than Titanfall 1, which was a bit of a judder-y experience for me even when it was hitting 60.

Getting some occasional audio popping in campaign, seems to be within area loads (checkpoints). Running the game from an SSD and using an external audio device, never have that issue with other games (including BF1). Anyone experiencing anything similar?

GTX 1070 / i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHz / 16GB DDR3

On 1440p, I average about 80 FPS with all settings maxed out (except for MSAA x8, I use TSAA). On 4K, the average is about at 40 FPS with certain areas going up to 60 FPS but not for too long.

Some 4K screens for y'all:

30003564844_e9c6746ecc_o.png

30003555684_08013fc567_o.png

30518733602_736d2126c1_o.png

GTX 1070 / i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHz / 16GB DDR3

On 1440p, I average about 80 FPS with all settings maxed out. On 4K, the average is about at 40 FPS with certain areas going up to 60 FPS but not for too long.

Some 4K screens for y'all:

im assuming by maxed you mean tsaa and not msaa?

Izuna

Banned
Edited my post to mention TSAA instead of MSAA. Btw, can you guys tell the difference between the two at higher resolutions? I have a native 4K IPS Panel, so I wasn't really sure...

I sure can if those are the choices. The TSAA is amazing for lower resolutions but I really wish SMAA was integrated in every game.

New drivers still haven't solved my issues of my GPU being under used. In busy scenes the usage actually drops to around 70% usage. It's super annoying, so much performance being left on the table right now. Anyone having similar issues, any tips or solutions?

980ti/4790k/16gb latest windows and drivers.

The film grain is really pissing me off

How do you spend years making a game like this and no one says, "maybe we should have an option to turn off these post process effects"

Anyone using MFAA?

You always miss stuff in development.

I get what you're saying, but I don't know how you can miss that.

Maybe it was foolish to think all those 4K videos they put out meant they knew what people wanted as opposed to something that was on a marketing checklist.

Just started playing the game 10 minutes ago.

I have a G-Sync monitor, however I noticed some screen tearing at the very first moment you can move in the game. It was very easy to notice if I looked directly up at the beams above and rotated around quickly.

I turned on the G-Sync indicator in the NVIDIA Control Panel to test if it was on, and the indicator does show, so I have no idea why I'm getting screen tearing. V-Sync is off in the game.

Also I'm unsure if it's as sharp as it should be. The resolution in the settings are correct but these resolution issues people are having may be playing tricks on my mind. How can I check for sure? Running at 2560 x 1440.

Edit: I think the resolution is fine. I'm just being paranoid.

Just started playing the game 10 minutes ago.

I have a G-Sync monitor, however I noticed some screen tearing at the very first moment you can move in the game. It was very easy to notice if I looked directly up at the beams above and rotated around quickly.

I turned on the G-Sync indicator in the NVIDIA Control Panel to test if it was on, and the indicator does show, so I have no idea why I'm getting screen tearing. V-Sync is off in the game.

Also I'm unsure if it's as sharp as it should be. The resolution in the settings are correct but these resolution issues people are having may be playing tricks on my mind. How can I check for sure? Running at 2560 x 1440.

Edit: I think the resolution is fine. I'm just being paranoid.

I've had the same issue, switching to triple buffered v-sync in the video options solved my screen tearing issues.

AndyKoopa

Neo Member
8GB RAM

I have a 1440p Gsync monitor, and the highest resolution I see is 1080p. Anyone else get this

My game is not yet fully downloaded, so I'm not sure if this is the reason.

Same happened to me, wait for the download to complete.Even after it did I had to restart the game again for 1440 to show up.

OK. So I created "autoexec.cfg" and put the below in it, and added the game properties line to execute it at launch. And nothing. Am I doing formatting wrong?

-high
-novid
+cl_showfps 1
+m_rawinput 1

My autoexec isn't working. Does it work for other people? I set the launch options and also put it in the r2 folder.

EDIT ^ look above for same issue
Any fix for the depth of field? Seeing the gun blurry is annoying, let my eyes handle that.

On a 2D screen your eyes will focus on everything exactly the same as there is no depth.

You can turn off the distance DOF on weapons when ADS'd but you cannot turn off the "close up" DOF.

My autoexec isn't working. Does it work for other people? I set the launch options and also put it in the r2 folder.

On a 2D screen your eyes will focus on everything exactly the same as there is no depth.

You can turn off the distance DOF on weapons when ADS'd but you cannot turn off the "close up" DOF.
Well, I couldn't figure it out, but I got a workaround. Instead of using the game properties to tell the game to run that exec file, I just put my commands straight in there and it worked.

So I took out "+exec autoexec.cfg" and put in "-novid +cl_showfps 1 -high" for Command Line Arguments in my Titanfall 2 Game Properties part. It works!

OK. So I created "autoexec.cfg" and put the below in it, and added the game properties line to execute it at launch. And nothing. Am I doing formatting wrong?

-high
-novid
+cl_showfps 1
+m_rawinput 1

If you put the commands in a file, don't put the + in front of them; just write them as if you were putting them straight into the console in another Source game. The launch options with - in front don't work in the console; only ones with a + do (the + means that it's executing that command in console on startup). I should have made this more clear; I'll update the OP.

For example, my autoexec.cfg is:
Code:
m_rawinput 1
cl_showfps 1
cl_showpos 1

// alias togglecrouch "+duck; bind mouse5 crouchswap"
// alias crouchswap "-duck; bind mouse5 togglecrouch"
// bind mouse5 togglecrouch

// rate 80000
// cl_interp 0
// cl_updaterate 60
// cl_cmdrate 60
A "//" means the command is commented out and won't be run.

Getting a whole load of microstutter in multiplayer, making things really frustrating.

I didn't experience much of this in the single player, only the odd bit of it, but multiplayer is just absolutely full of it. Painful to try and play in such a high mobility game when the screen shits itself every half-second.

Running an i5 4690k and a GTX 1070.

Iced

Whoa, I just got a blue screen of death playing multiplayer. Latest Nvidia drivers (released yesterday). I have my CPU overclocked but I haven't had any issues with it until now. Anyone else getting BSODs?

d00d3n

- Removing Film Grain: This doesn't seem to be a true film grain effect, so it seemingly can't be disabled outright. Decrease the brightness in the options to mitigate it.

That is disappointing. SP campaign has been outstanding thus far, but the heavy film grain is more than a little annoying in dark areas.

BIGWORM

Just finished SP and a hour or so of MP. This game is very well optimized. Specs:

4670k @ 4.2
16GB Ripjaws X at 1866
GTX 1080 Nvidia Reference +100/+300

Everything at max/ultra (vsync disabled) on an asus 144hz ran into absolutely no issues on sp or mp. Is there no command console so I can turn on an in-game fps counter?

I feel like I should be getting better performance.
GTX 1060
i5 2500K
16GB RAM
2560x1440

Definitely getting some dips to 30 at times, especially in that sewage level. I have AA off and lighting on low.

Top Bottom