• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 PC Performance Thread

hlhbk

That is disappointing. SP campaign has been outstanding thus far, but the heavy film grain is more than a little annoying in dark areas.

I really hope they allow us to disable it in a future patch or the community finds a way to disable it. I'll hold off playing the game until it happens.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, don't try to rid yourself of the film grain with lowering the brightness. It's there on the Xbox too ;(

remember that gauntlet has some weird gamma going on so don't adjust your settings until you're done with it

--

MFAA is voodoo, but like MSAA, it misses a lot

I don't, the popular PC performance threads usually mean something is wrong lol.
It also means more people are playing the game. TF1 had lots of performance issues, but the community death meant more in the end

Popular games will usually always have big performance threads. Either complaining or, best case, bragging about FPS ;)

man, I wish Respawn had performance preset options so I won't have to fiddle with every little thing

and I hate how the game keeps starting in Windowed mode, Source games never change to windowed

Wish this thread was more popular.
It would be nice to have more people reporting on their performance, but I hope less replies means people are getting the performance they expect and nothing's seriously amiss.
and I hate how the game keeps starting in Windowed mode, Source games never change to windowed
Try the -fullscreen launch option. There's more launch options in the OP if you're interested.
Yeah, don't try to rid yourself of the film grain with lowering the brightness. It's there on the Xbox too ;(
Lowering it helped me a bit, but it is always present.

Vitacat

Man, this game looks good.

I'm mainly a SP gamer, so given the length of the campaign I'm going to hold out for a sale. But looking forward to it when it happens.

Iced

Just had the game crash to the desktop. Anyone else getting crashes? I was just playing a simple attrition game.

Miker

Anybody else find performance getting worse after a few matches? That's been the case for me, and then when I quit it takes forever for TF2 to close down and it maxes out my HDD at 100% for maybe 30s.

Man, I keep getting crashes every few hours.

Error 0x887A0006 - DXDGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Everywhere says it's driver related and some speculation on possible overclocks being the culprit. I have a 6700K with a 7% OC so I can't imagine it's that. And stock speeds on my 980 SC.

Hmmmmmm

kikonawa

Everywhere says it's driver related and some speculation on possible overclocks being the culprit. I have a 6700K with a 7% OC so I can't imagine it's that. And stock speeds on my 980 SC.

Hmmmmmm
Have you tried not overclocking ?

Sequiel

Banned

Hmmmmmm

I had to reduce the OC on my 1070. Was getting dancing bright glows all over the screen.

Iced

Anybody else find performance getting worse after a few matches? That's been the case for me, and then when I quit it takes forever for TF2 to close down and it maxes out my HDD at 100% for maybe 30s.

I'm convinced there's a memory leak going on. Same thing happens to me (although I'm getting crashes as well).

Dmax3901

It's amazing playing this Mafia III and Quantum Break on PC at roughly the same time.

Obviously Mafia is open world but still... T2 looks so damn good and runs flawlessly out the gate, its a relief frankly.

noomi

Anyone feel that the mouse is a bit off?

I have v-sync turned off, mostly locked to 60FPS.. and I notice a very slight mouse delay...not sure what it is.

After playing BF1 and other FPS games, the mouse movement in TF2 just feels a bit strange to me... haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.

Is there any option for mouse acceleration or raw mouse input? if not in-game perhaps in the config file somewhere?

Anyone feel that the mouse is a bit off?

I have v-sync turned off, mostly locked to 60FPS.. and I notice a very slight mouse delay...not sure what it is.

After playing BF1 and other FPS games, the mouse movement in TF2 just feels a bit strange to me... haven't seen anyone else mention this yet.

Is there any option for mouse acceleration or raw mouse input? if not in-game perhaps in the config file somewhere?

There's an option if you add it to your advanced launch options via Origin.

You need to type "+m_rawinput 1" into Advanced Launch Options under your Game Properties for Titanfall 2 in Origin. It helped me a lot, too.

noomi

There's an option if you add it to your advanced launch options via Origin.

You need to type "+m_rawinput 1" into Advanced Launch Options under your Game Properties for Titanfall 2 in Origin. It helped me a lot, too.

Awesome! This is exactly what I need! Will try it when I get home and see if there is a difference, thanks so much!

I ran Titanfall 1 at mostly high (I forget exactly what but like not ultra, but definitely most high with some up or down from there) on my PC and it felt fine.

Does Titanfall 2 require much more from my PC?

robotrock

Banned
Is there a command to add as a launch option to force triple buffered vsync? I know you can do it in game and all but...just wondering

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Sorry if I missed it, but anyone running the game with the R9 390? If so, how's the performance?

My specs are i7 6700, R9 390 and 16GB DDR4, I'm assuming I should be able to hit high at 1080p...

How are you getting TF2 to work with DSR? Switching desktop res?

It drove me nuts but I eventually figured it out, go to your videoconfig file which will be under insaldrive:\Users\*username*\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local then change the "setting.defaultres"
"setting.defaultresheight"
to whatever you want (3840x 2160 in my case)

SimplexPL

And has been this way since the beginning of time. I wish they named this option "Triple Buffering (OPENGL ONLY !!!11!11oneone!11!!).

I have a problem - I installed the game and am getting this error whenever I try to run it:

ae6IUP3.png

Tried repairing, did nothing.

Also found this: https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/5328/file-corruption-detected - they say something about reinstalling in Russian? WTF EA?

Revas

Hmmmmmm

I get this at the beginning of every match.

Game is unplayable.

Roobtoob

Neo Member
I connect to a data center, but it just contacting Respawns servers forever. Anyone else experiencing this?

This has been a known issue that Respawn has acknowledged. All you have to do is go to your network settings and disable all network adapters that isn't the one that connects you to the internet. For example, if you run a VPN, disable that adapter. I had this problem as well and it concerns me that there may be hundreds or even thousands of others who can't play online because of this issue.

Izuna

Banned
Sorry for the wait. :s

My other purchase got revoked and refunded so I bought a new key, it all works and updated.

Zanosuke

It drove me nuts but I eventually figured it out, go to your videoconfig file which will be under insaldrive:\Users\*username*\Documents\Respawn\Titanfall2\local then change the "setting.defaultres"
"setting.defaultresheight"
to whatever you want (3840x 2160 in my case)

Hmm this doesn't work for me.. Save file, start game and it still defaults below my native (1080P) : (

Top Bottom