• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Gameplay Footage (Embargo Lifted)

Blearth

Banned
Got a picture of the video options if anyone missed it from the PC stream

TCRcjCE.png

But guys! Remember these guys made MW2 and that was turrrrible on PC! Don't expect any options!!!

Respawn are Gods!!!!!!!!!

Horp

Not going to comment on gameplay until I've played it. I've said what I think I will think about it before, but a lot of people don't agree so I'll just wait with that.

But MAN this game is UGLY. Guys, aren't you seeing this? Hello? It's like the people that thinks this looks even remotely decent are looking at a completely different game. It looks so bad. The geometry is very basic and competely static, way behind let's say BF3. The lighting is one of the most basic lighting models I've seen in recent years in AAA games. Looks like straight up forward rendering a single directional light and a very high ambient light. The animations looks like something from COD before Ghosts, I means seriously look at this: http://youtu.be/3VV689PvZd4?t=3m.

Seeing all hardcore gamers and gamer fans in general praise this game, and even defending it's graphics, is truly baffeling to me.

SJRB

Gold Member
I've been watching Max for about an hour now, and I have to say the novelty of it all wears off extremely fast. I know it's only two maps and there's only one Titan and all that, but still.

Climbin in a Titan and seeing those five displays light up individually never gets old though, that is so cool.

E92 M3

Been watching frags stream, loving what I'm seeing.
Smart pistol killing nades/not needing a lock to shoot, as well as knifing the wall to hang.
He's also not terrible, so theres that.
Awesome, cant wait to see all the other maps they've got for launch at some point.

How do you use knife? That's so cool.

I've been watching Max for about an hour now, and I have to say the novelty of it all wears off extremely fast. I know it's only two maps and there's only one Titan and all that, but still.

Climbin in a Titan and seeing those five displays light up individually never gets old though, that is so cool.
Most games get old if you can't do anything but watch.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I have the same reaction. I am sure it is fun to play, but good fucking god is it boring to watch people play it...just like it is boring to watch a lot of FPS games like CoD and BF.

I've been hyped for this game and even have it ordered on Origin but the more I'm seeing of the game I'm getting less and less interested. Maybe it's just overexposure at this point cause I've never seen so much talk about a game weeks before launch but I'm definitely losing interest. Watching these videos it looks like COD with jet packs and I'm so over COD. At this point I'm more interested in something like Evolve which looks fresh and new. Hopefully this game really is as good as everyone says

Not going to comment on gameplay until I've played it. I've said what I think I will think about it before, but a lot of people don't agree so I'll just wait with that.

But MAN this game is UGLY. Guys, aren't you seeing this? Hello? It's like the people that thinks this looks even remotely decent are looking at a completely different game. It looks so bad. The geometry is very basic and competely static, way behind let's say BF3. The lighting is one of the most basic lighting models I've seen in recent years in AAA games. Looks like straight up forward rendering a single directional light and a very high ambient light. The animations looks like something from COD before Ghosts, I means seriously look at this: http://youtu.be/3VV689PvZd4?t=3m.

Seeing all hardcore gamers and gamer fans in general praise this game, and even defending it's graphics, is truly baffeling to me.

Because if a game looks fun and is fun, then then not having OMG graphics isn't the end of the world.

K.Sabot

Yeah this was pretty obviously a game designed for 360 and got bumped to Xbox One half way through development, I'd not put much hope in games looking much better for another 2 or so years once cross-gen is dead.

HelloMeow

So who paid you to misinterpret the super explicit details of those YouTube contracts and spread FUD?

I'm not misinterpreting anything. Those youtubers got paid to keep their mouths shut about the buggy mess BF4 was/is.

All I'm trying to say is be careful with what those youtubers say. Titanfall looks like it's going to be a great game, but don't take their word for it.

Horp

Because if a game looks fun and is fun, then then not having OMG graphics isn't the end of the world.

I think I was _extremly_ clear that my post was about the graphics, not the gameplay, and about the people defending the graphics of the game. How was that not clear? I really tried to be very clear about that.

Yeah this was pretty obviously a game designed for 360 and got bumped to Xbox One half way through development, I'd not put much hope in games looking much better for another 2 or so years once cross-gen is dead.

Didn't they claim this is a true next gen game as opposed to something like Destiny which is last gen ported to current gen?

I think I was _extremly_ clear that my post was about the graphics, not the gameplay, and about the people defending the graphics of the game. How was that not clear? I really tried to be very clear about that.

Lol

And I told you why people both a) don't care that much about the graphics and b) defend them.

Mrbob

Jack Frags, you are getting me excited for this game. The parkour elements look excellent with a keyboard/mouse combo.

CHC

Oh my God that animation is like... Vice City era. I mean I'm not a graphics whore but even in terms of gameplay that rig does not even remotely reflect the kind of seamless / parkour style movement they're hyping. Not saying the game won't be fun but goddamn I was also blown away by it just being ass ugly, straight up. Not even "Source engine" nice looking like Portal 2 and CSGO, those both look good, but this is like, whoof.

mkenyon

Banned
Why? Me can't either... signed up for both betas.
I usually suck at MP shooters on console, but none of my friends on PC are playing multiplayer shooters, and I might just roll with my Xbox friends on here. No idea what's so crazy about that.
I get that, always play with your friends.
Yeah , should probably just get it for x1 , right ? :)

I'll probably go with PC , but my clan are kinda meh about supporting it and this looks like it will be insane comfy couch fun.The beta should help them decide if any of them are gonna play it.

Does anyone know if the PC version has a party system or private lobbies ?
AFAIK, they're aiming for this to be an esports title, and it's based on matchmaking, which I'm really happy about.

This game just screams mouse and keyboard to me. The analog sticks seem to really prohibit creativity with movement and aiming.

E92 M3

Not sure, I'm guessing just a melee to a wall will bring it out, thats what he did.

I see so instead of a kick it would bring out a cling knife - interesting, if that's the case.

Also, anyone else committing to bumper jumper from the offset? In this game seems like the jump button will be just as important as the shoot.

What? defend them because it's fun to play? You mean there's people saying better graphics mean less fun?

Personally I don't have a device capable of playing this game.

Much of this forum is obsessed by taking graphics as an individual element, not as a wider whole. The point of any game is to create an experience. An experience is defined by audio, visual and kinesthetics (mechanics). The kinesthetics alone can make a game enjoyable even if the audio and visual are weaker than average.

So people are likely to a) not care about graphics if a games kinesthetics are very appealing and b) may even "defend" the graphics if they believe that improved graphical performance may detrimentally affect the kinesthetics (ie not having as many NPCs, slower movement, narrower FOV).

I'm not defending the game as it's unlikely I'll be picking up a copy. Neither am I attacking it. I'm just offering a rational explanation for why people may feel the way they do about the level of graphical performance.

Top Bottom