• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EWmof.gif
Saiyan
p0QHO.gif

Raxus

In one of the Conan movies Conan receives a riddle involving a cat. The solution has to deal with some japanese word play on the word neko.

a neko is a cat, though i assume here it means like cat person, though it may just be cat. I just realize Thundercats makes even that toonami relevant. The only thing needed is pirates on it .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
To be fair, Saiyans are jobbers. I mean they lost to a bunch of cyborgs made by some old man in a cave with limited resources.

To be fair the Hulk Hogan of Saiyans wasn't there and maybe could have whooped them. We don't really have an accurate gauge of Goku's power at the time because of the whole heart condition thing. Piccolo seems to think he is stronger than Goku post fusion and he's roughly equal to 17 but we really don't know.

they also do dumbass shit all the time to put the world/universe at danger, including letting the bad guys get to full power, healing them so it's a fair fight, insisting on one on one no matter how at stake anything is (though to be fair, the most common rule of shonen is that the inverse rule of ninjas is in effect for all things), being exceedingly cocky .

MikeMyers

To be fair the Hulk Hogan of Saiyans wasn't there and maybe could have whooped them. We don't really have an accurate gauge of Goku's power at the time because of the whole heart condition thing. Piccolo seems to think he is stronger than Goku post fusion and he's roughly equal to 17 but we really don't know.

Piccolo literally says Vegeta is stronger than Goku, and Piccolo trained with Goku those 3 years so he'd know how strong Goku is.

MikeMyers

Chapter: 348 (DBZ 154), P5.5
Context: after Vegeta leaves to fight No.17 and No.18
Piccolo: “…But…It seems that Vegeta really has obtained power surpassing Goku now that he’s become a Super Saiyan…He just might be able to take care of them like he says…”

Chapter: 364 (DBZ 170), P11.7
Vegeta: “The battle power I sensed then really did surpass mine, as a Super Saiyan…Im-impossible…He’s just a Namekian...”

So yeah, Kamiccolo > SSJ Vegeta > SSJ Goku in the Android Arc until the Time Chamber.

Too bad all Piccolo did at that time was inform Cell that Cell has the ability to regenerate and gave away the Androids location to Cell.

they also do dumbass shit all the time to put the world/universe at danger, including letting the bad guys get to full power, healing them so it's a fair fight, insisting on one on one no matter how at stake anything is (though to be fair, the most common rule of shonen is that the inverse rule of ninjas is in effect for all things), being exceedingly cocky .

well uh

well uh

WELL YOU'RE A SHINIGAMI

MikeMyers

Piccolo's Amazing Ideas:

* Goes giant when fighting Goku, allowing Goku to go inside him and rescue Kami.
* Doesn't realize that Raditz can just dodge the Special Beam Cannon, it was Goku who had the idea of grabbing him.
* Tells Raditz about the Dragon Balls, which is what made Nappa/Vegeta come to Earth.
* Uses Gohan as a weapon against Nappa, which just ends up getting Piccolo killed.
* Goes to fight Freeza, thus putting the DBs in danger, which was the whole point of going to Namek.
* Allows Freeza to transform.
* Think he can beat 3rd Form Freeza through running away, which is counter productive as it leaves Gohan an open target
* Informs Cell that he can regenerate, making Cell realize that he can regenerate too.
* Battles 17, which gives away the Androids location to Cell.

Also in the Buu arc Super Buu absorbs Piccolo for his intelligence and notice how Buu gets DUMBER. I swear its an inside joke for Toriyama.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Piccolo was stronger than android 17, not hugely but he is, he was about equal with first form cell

MikeMyers

Piccolo was equal to Android 17 actually. Piccolo's only stronger than Cell when Cell first shows up, after absorbing the humans Cell is stronger than everyone except for Android 16.

Android 17 is stronger than Android 18, who was equal to SSJ Vegeta until Vegeta started losing power to the strain that SSJ puts on the body.

I was listening to the Philles game on Wednesday, while it snowed 2 inches here.

The fuck am I even living on this planet for

Iknowthatfeel.jpg

We are just about a month away from opening day and we have single digit temps and another ice storm bearing down on us. Going to be watching an exhibition spring training game on tv tomorrow while bundled up for gods sake.

Its going to be a tough baseball year for me, I'm not convinced my team (yankees... Sue me) did enough in the offseason and this being Jeters final season just has me down :( I've watched him play virtually my whole life

Its going to be a tough baseball year for me, I'm not convinced my team (yankees... Sue me) did enough in the offseason and this being Jeters final season just has me down :( I've watched him play virtually my whole life

I'm making a large effort to get out and see the Yankees play when they are going to be in Baltimore this year. Derek Jeter is the face of the Yankees winningness for the last decade or so and I feel it is imperative that I get out and see him play in person at least once.

I really don't care for the Yankees but Jeter is a class act and deserves respect for his incredible play and sportsmanship that he brings to the league.

I'm making a large effort to get out and see the Yankees play when they are going to be in Baltimore this year. Derek Jeter is the face of the Yankees winningness for the last decade or so and I feel it is imperative that I get out and see him play in person at least once.

I really don't care for the Yankees but Jeter is a class act and deserves respect for his incredible play and sportsmanship that he brings to the league.

I know, I'm planning to go to a game in Yankees stadium this year now that I'm living up north again to see him one last time live as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom