• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb14| We Kick Ass for the LORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Inuyasha is definitely the most meandering show I've watched. I do want to watch the rest of it though, for completeness' sake.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It does eventually go somewhere. It's FINAL ACT!

This was the last really important feeling and well paced arc of regular Inuyasha though. There's some incredibly good one and two parters in the near future that I'm sad we missed.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I never thought there were any legit fans of Inuyasha until this thread.

You do know inuyasha was like super popular back in the day right, which is probably why it has appeared on adult swim this long, im surprised cowboy bebop aired more than it, then again inuyasha has a ton more episodes.

You do know inuyasha was like super popular back in the day right, which is probably why it has appeared on adult swim this long, im surprised cowboy bebop aired more than it, then again inuyasha has a ton more episodes.

Well I knew it was popular, but I always thought it was popular in the same way stuff like Twilight is popular, if you know what I mean.

foxuzamaki

Well I knew it was popular, but I always thought it was popular in the same way stuff like Twilight is popular, if you know what I mean.

Sort of, but inuyasha wasent a fad, it def had alot of legs, the only reason it didnt end really was because of the usual manga to animation woes, it was popular enough that, like FMA, they decided to continue the series proper(infact I think FINAL ACT came out about a year or 2 before brotherhood)

The romance gave it a huge crossover appeal and created a very vocal fanbase among girls, but in general it's a fun show. It's sort of like a lot of these case of the week shows on channels like USA; they go nowhere fast, but they're pleasant to watch and enjoyable regardless due to the characters.

But that reflects the community the most.

You can have in-jokes and jokes that *are* relevant and unalienating/possible to get to new comers

I never thought there were any legit fans of Inuyasha until this thread.

I don't understand what you are saying, let me be clear I don't like twilight and think it conveys messages I do not agree with, but it kinda sits unwell to claim something as not having legit fans because of ,from what all I can infer, it's popular with teenage girls who may like it for the romance or male characters. For one we certainly don't bring up this commentary for the teenage male equivalents of popular things , there's no "I never thought until this thread there were legit DBZ/Bleach/Naruto fans" . Inuyasha is by all means a pretty plodding or meandering show at times.But it does very much have its elements of excitement, quality and entertainment.The elements that makes it popular with girls are typically pretty ok ,if not , yes, part of the draw. I will note, I do not think you intentionally meant anything by what you said , but it does create the commonly perpetuated implications that either "Things teenage girls/women like or that appeal to their interests cannot have value or be good/quality" or that "Teenage girls/Women don't qualify as legitimate fans of things".

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While it doesn't quite hit the highs that say a Naruto does I'd say Inuyasha is one of the most consistent big shows ever. It's very well written and besides the meandering to the ending its a very easy to watch show. The characters have believable motivations, the sound design is good, the animation is incredibly high quality for its age, there have been nights during the past arc where the best animation on the entire block is from this old as dirt show and the dub is overall quite pleasant.

The only bad episode of Inuyasha I can think of is interestingly enough episode 100, a horrible clip show with a filler version of a canon villain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
While it doesn't quite hit the highs that say a Naruto does I'd say Inuyasha is one of the most consistent big shows ever. It's very well written and besides the meandering to the ending its a very easy to watch show. The characters have believable motivations, the sound design is good, the animation is incredibly high quality for its age, there have been nights during the past arc where the best animation on the entire block is from this old as dirt show and the dub is overall quite pleasant.

The only bad episode of Inuyasha I can think of is interestingly enough episode 100, a horrible clip show with a filler version of a canon villain.

Hmm...

yG7Jr05.jpg

I can't remember much legit bad episodes of Inuyasha, sure there are some that are a bit "been there done that" , but thats a complaint that can be edged towards lots of things and I still think Inuyasha ends up being quite manageable in that regard comparatively .

foxuzamaki

I noticed I was way into inuyasha where I put my highschool schedule around it when it came on at 4 o clock in the morning every week day before school, I had the energy to do that then, waking up at 4 in the morning deliberately, not anymore.

MikeMyers

Not if we do fusions and become even more powerful.

Gotenks and Vegetto never even won a fight. Granted Vegetto lost on purpose to save his kids, but Goku just let them die anyway.

I might have liked it if the plot actually went anywhere. Needless to say, I'm not particularly sad it's gone. It was pretty much Adult Swim's leftovers.

Plot is not the main priority of the anime; it takes tons of liberties from the manga's stories. It's about being entertaining, largely through its characters.

Yeah episode 100 is the only one I skip.

i'd skip pretty much everything from 83 to 101 (what i understand to be a whole lot of filler, and it shows) except for four episodes: the monkey sprites one, Kagome going home sick, Sota's girlfriend, and Shippo telling everyone why Kirara ran away. and they're all comedy.

foxuzamaki

To me the plot can go away and I would love a show as long as there is alot of character interaction, its what I prioritize over everything else, its probably why I enjoyed the first 10 episodes of steins;gate so much.

MikeMyers

i'd skip pretty much everything from 83 to 101 (what i understand to be a whole lot of filler, and it shows) except for four episodes: the monkey sprites one, Kagome going home sick, Sota's girlfriend, and Shippo telling everyone why Kirara ran away. and they're all comedy.

Some of those episodes are in the manga but he anime stretches it out. For example "Kikyo's Lonely Journey" is in the manga, but its only 7 pages long. Anime made it an entire episode.

foxuzamaki

Some of those episodes are in the manga but he anime stretches it out. For example "Kikyo's Lonely Journey" is in the manga, but its only 7 pages long. Anime made it an entire episode.

What was kikyo's lonely journey again? Expanding it more than 5 pages probably was for the better.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Did that one have "Stone Wielder Boulder Greaver"? If so that's god-tier.

No. This is the OTHER one where Shippo is trying to mack on some 7 year old hottie and these annoying fox demons egg him on into being a stupid dick. I think it would have been coming up relatively soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Everyone's talkin' Inuyasha & Naruto, and I'm just sitting here looking at Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax screenshots of Shizuo from Durarara fighting Akira (with Pai Chan as support) from Virtua Fighter.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Everyone's talkin' Inuyasha & Naruto, and I'm just sitting here looking at Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax screenshots of Shizuo from Durarara fighting Akira (with Pai Chan as support) from Virtua Fighter.

Nah we're just talking about Inuyasha here, no Naruto at all.

Naruto...

Naruto...

Oh fuck I have to watch Naruto tonight. At least I'll get to type out Twenty at least four times.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Complain that Gennedy shows were canceled. Or continue to talk about Naruto. Ratings on Tuesday. What will replace Bleach is a fun one. YYH comes in and out of style around here during weekdays. Every other month we have a thousand posts on Naruto openings and endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom