• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick thoughts on what I watched so far from last night - no rankings.

Space Dandy
Vacuum cleaner meets coffee maker, falls in love, realizes coffee maker loves cash register instead, grows into a giant vacuum cleaner (thanks to the same element that caused him to be stuck on a single day once), stops cast-off garbage creation that includes DJ Register from destroying humanity, has a cup of coffee afterwards. Classic love story.

Honest answer: not the most original of settings to tell a story, but it ended up in a place I was not expecting and that helps elevate it. Perhaps not the best Dandy episode, but still solid.

Shippuden
Whoo-boy. Half of this episode was standing around to get to a "cliffhanger". The other half at least was some fighting. Having no connection to Naruto in my younger days is not helping this show win any favors. It's just boring to sit through right now.

One Piece
A bit surprised at the opinions of some here on Usopp right now. To me, he's acting like someone who's having a bit of a emotional crisis - he knows he's pushed everyone away for something he knew was junk, but he just can't let go. He has to be worthy of something - he can't hold on to the money he was responsible for, he can't defend himself, all he could do was keep the ship running - and now he knows he can't even do that, so what worth is he to the world? We all know he's more than that, but he doesn't - at least not right now. Some great VA to help get that point across.

Black Lagoon (eps 1 and 2)
Decided to watch the first episode instead of Bleach last night and was glad I did, I would've been a little lost without it. What more needs to be said about a man getting punched in the face with a torpedo?

But possibly my favorite part was the little aside where Revy's pissed that Rock isn't wearing the Hawaiian shirt she bought him. Hope this show can stay at this entertaining level because I like what I've seen so far.

GiTS
I've watched all of SAC before, but it's been a while, so I remember the broad strokes of the story, but not all the fine details, so I forgot just how good this episode was, especially the Major getting curbstomped and then returning the favor.

Tenumi

Banned
Just caught up with what I missed last night. Blue Exorcist was surprisingly good and Black Lagoon was excellent.

Now to decide whether its worth arriving early for Space Dandy repeats...

Just caught up with what I missed last night. Blue Exorcist was surprisingly good and Black Lagoon was excellent.

Now to decide whether its worth arriving early for Space Dandy repeats...

Only for certain episodes like the zombie nirvana, the space race, plant planet, and forever 8 episode

I'm really glad to see so many people who stay up to watch Clone Wars rating it so high, its crazy to think how far the show has come from the show that used to kill all momentum to arguably the best show in the 4-6 period

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Looking back at the episode list, it seems that Space Dandy really caught its stride at about episode 7 (space race), as maybe save for the second half of episode 8 (the fleas), most of the reactions I noticed were mainly positive. The first 1/2 of the season (one through six) seemed to be rather mixed, especially the episodes themselves (okay first half, great second half i.e episode 1). I think the only episode that flat-out wasn't all that well received was episode 6 (underwear & vest war), & even then, everyone seemed to like the last few minutes.

Hopefully with season 2, they've figured out what worked and it'll be even better, if that's even possible considering how great some of the episodes were.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Oh geeze at those Suncoast "On Sale" Stickers... (My last local Suncoast died a few months back.)

I see little reason to spend that much on BluRay now-a-days when 90% of that stuff is jettisoned to stream services almost instantly. Though if I ever take a few months away from gaming, it'll be to build a massive Anime Blu-ray / Artbook collection.

I wish a guy like him would drop into my local Pawn Shop and dump his anime collection, haha. "5 Bluray for 25 dollars" with things I actually wanna buy would really help boost the collection.

daveo42

Banned
Space Dandy
Black Lagoon
One Piece
Naruto
Bleach

Didn't watch much this week. Adult Swim stream broke during Blue Exorcist.

I missed the entire block this week, but I was able to at least catch Dandy. It was a pretty fantastic way for the first half of the season to end. Hopefully I'll be able to actually be around for most of Toonami in the coming month. This past month was really really busy.

MikeMyers

Oh geeze at those Suncoast "On Sale" Stickers... (My last local Suncoast died a few months back.)

I see little reason to spend that much on BluRay now-a-days when 90% of that stuff is jettisoned to stream services almost instantly. Though if I ever take a few months away from gaming, it'll be to build a massive Anime Blu-ray / Artbook collection.

I wish a guy like him would drop into my local Pawn Shop and dump his anime collection, haha. "5 Bluray for 25 dollars" with things I actually wanna buy would really help boost the collection.

Same. He has so many multiples he might as well donate them.

My collection isn't that big, but there are only so many things I can rewatch without getting bored of.. A few of those things I don't actually own yet, like the Ranma OVA which I'll have when my friend bothers to mail them to me.

Need more Dutch gifs tbh

tumblr_mprbufRTXn1s66zsjo1_400.gif

bigkrev

Same. He has so many multiples he might as well donate them.

My collection isn't that big, but there are only so many things I can rewatch without getting bored of.. A few of those things I don't actually own yet, like the Ranma OVA which I'll have when my friend bothers to mail them to me.

Vast DVD collections are becoming outdated these days. I probably own 200 Wrestling DVDs, 70% of which are no longer needed due to the WWE network. No idea what I want to do with them

MikeMyers

Half hour left.

Vast DVD collections are becoming outdated these days. I probably own 200 Wrestling DVDs, 70% of which are no longer needed due to the WWE network. No idea what I want to do with them

Maybe for Wrestling, but Netflix loves to take shit off. Might as buy my favourites.

With most things these days being DVD+Blu ray+ Digital copy , I typically just buy my faves at 20 bucks and I have something that will likely be good for things past/present/future , at least for movies, which I very seldom have stuff I want to own anyways. I wish I could get some anime stuff though.

MikeMyers

With most things these days being DVD+Blu ray+ Digital copy , I typically just buy my faves at 20 bucks and I have something that will likely be good for things past/present/future , at least for movies, which I very seldom have stuff I want to own anyways. I wish I could get some anime stuff though.

I just want original Sailor Moon on DVD/Bluray.

10 more minutes people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom