• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Visit the official Toonami Tumblr page here

iOqdKdiouuj3k.png

jbbwctY0R2Q1W1.png

ixBvfQy6IsJdt.png

i6CoATAnPFxLQ.png

ibc3FSOP2TIlBD.png

iQ5g2c5TJjBYi.png

iArPL51mrVfYm.png

iPrRFTBYauIBZ.png

ib2H8kuhziWjr8.png

iumiJbbGt9UzG.png

ib2H8kuhziWjr8.png

ib2zPxDJcAx9VI.png

ib2H8kuhziWjr8.png

ijkk6m2hinpfa.png

|OT0||OT1||OT2||OT3||OT4||OT5||OT6||OT7||OT8||OT9||Jan14||Feb14|

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It really will take those two being banned for me to ever top the wall of shame. A part of me wants to just go crazy, set a timer and post something once a minute, every minute that I possibly can so I can job out to some newcomer who Cells all over the place.

Heck before coming back down to earth Fox was going to beat us all. He's the Gohan of this thread.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*takes a whiff* Aaah, new thread smell.

Kick back and relax as we get ready for another night.

*looks around* I see people are still upset about Inuyasha leaving. ... Shame.

It really will take those two being banned for me to ever top the wall of shame. A part of me wants to just go crazy, set a timer and post something once a minute, every minute that I possibly can so I can job out to some newcomer who Cells all over the place.

Heck before coming back down to earth Fox was going to beat us all. He's the Gohan of this thread.

That means Fox will top the thread once and never be relevant again

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That means Fox will top the thread once and never be relevant again

It means I'll die to save this thread when it goes non canon in a few years, god damn black star dragon balls.

Gucci is the Tien of this thread. He's gonna come back and Neo tri beam it.

Amikami

Banned
I don't know if my post count is down or everyone else's is up lol.
Did I miss something? Is Inuyasha leaving toonami? And when was SBT scheduled to come back. I'm spending to much time thinking of KlK obviously.

Aww. That new thread smell is glorious.

It's weird to think both SE and InuYasha are leaving, they were the two big shows I spent a lot of time marathoning to watch with everyone when I first joined Toonami GAF, and now they're going away :(

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Did I miss something? Is Inuyasha leaving toonami? And when was SBT scheduled to come back. I'm spending to much time thinking of KlK obviously.

Inuyasha's "30 year deal" with Toonami is up and they didn't bring it back, replacing it with SBT at 5:30.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Yeah, tonight is Inuyasha's last night. Sym-Bionic Titan will replace it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last old anime show they bothered to talk about in a Q+A was Outlaw Star. I'd expect that back next.

I really don't think they run IGPX again either so it might be fairy soon we get some new old blood in here.

Amikami

Banned
Inuyasha's "30 year deal" with Toonami is up and they didn't bring it back, replacing it with SBT at 5:30.

Yeah, tonight is Inuyasha's last night. Sym-Bionic Titan will replace it.

Oh wow. Thanks for the update. Too bad, since it seemed to bring in the viewers good enough. Though I wasn't a huge fan myself, I know a lot of toonami-gaf is. Mike must be devastated.

The last old anime show they bothered to talk about in a Q+A was Outlaw Star. I'd expect that back next.

I really don't think they run IGPX again either so it might be fairy soon we get some new old blood in here.

I would kill to watch uncut Outlaw Star with a group

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh wow. Thanks for the update. Too bad, since it seemed to bring in the viewers good enough. Though I wasn't a huge fan myself, I know a lot of toonami-gaf is. Mike must be devastated.

He didn't post all day that day and people started to get worried.

I'd say I missed it but it motivated me to get out the DVDs and watch it. This cancellation also got me to finally watch Final Act as soon as I'm done with Naruto.

789shadow

Banned
Regarding sub vs. dub, it's an irrelevant discussion because unless you actually speak Japanese pretty fluently you can't possibly determine the quality of Japanese voice work, and that's already subjective anyway.

Regarding sub vs. dub, it's an irrelevant discussion because unless you actually speak Japanese pretty fluently you can't possibly determine the quality of Japanese voice work, and that's already subjective anyway.

i think you can. just a lot of people really overstate the degree to which they are able to judge it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I think its easy to agree that most of the time the native language version of any product is going to be better. Not all the time, and not everytime.

The one thing I will give dub vs sub even if you don't understand Japanese when you watch a film like Akira and all the lip synch lines up in Japanese then watch it in English and the mouths don't match it can be kind of jarring. I've pretty much gotten used to this and don't even notice it much anymore but I will give people that when they go sub > dub always.

MikeMyers

I think you can. For example, I saw Ichigo Vs Aizen in both the dub and the sub. In the sub when Aizen says "Don't be so full of yourself HUMAN" he screams it and you can feel the anger in his performance. When he says it in the dub he sounds monotone and its sounds like he is just there to get a paycheck.

I think you can. For example, I saw Ichigo Vs Aizen in both the dub and the sub. In the sub when Aizen says "Don't be so full of yourself HUMAN" he screams it and you can feel the anger in his performance. When he says it in the dub he sounds monotone and its sounds like he is just there to get a paycheck.

eh. well i know Kyle told me he based his performance as Aizen on HAL from 2001, so that might have been intentional.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Bleach is a special case of phoning it in. Cam Clarke is the only person on the show who never ever does so because it isn't in his DNA.

Pretty sure Aizen's portrayal in the US version was deliberate

Edit: Beaten by GMN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom