• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

789shadow

Banned
I think you can. For example, I saw Ichigo Vs Aizen in both the dub and the sub. In the sub when Aizen says "Don't be so full of yourself HUMAN" he screams it and you can feel the anger in his performance. When he says it in the dub he sounds monotone and its sounds like he is just there to get a paycheck.
That's one line from one character. How about every line from every character?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bleach dub goes from a range of below average to slightly above average to complete waste of everyone's time right near the end of SS.

Bleach dub goes from a range of below average to slightly above average to complete waste of everyone's time right near the end of SS.

Just like Bleach's actual story :D
I do like Bleach more then most people and really enjoy the next two canon arcs but I'm just talking the parts that have been dubbed so far

hmm was sure I was gonna make it, but still don't post a lot . Also gonna try to stay up the whole night just for Inuyasha, and cause TPP the next adventure starts at 7am

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Besides last weeks episode I've enjoyed this Bleach arc. Some of the episodes have a morbid fascination while some of the middle fights were really quite good. Hell if the first time they killed Liquid Snake had stuck it would have been a fantastic arc.

Besides last weeks episode I've enjoyed this Bleach arc. Some of the episodes have a morbid fascination while some of the middle fights were really quite good. Hell if the first time they killed Liquid Snake had stuck it would have been a fantastic arc.

Agree with most of this, the idea of the arc is good, and I don't even mind Nazomi as a character, but it's getting pretty silly with the direction it's heading now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Agree with most of this, the idea of the arc is good, and I don't even mind Nazomi as a character, but it's getting pretty silly with the direction it's heading now

I like Nozomi I just fear how badly they are going to drag this out.

If someone was to ask me when this arc would end after last weeks episode I'd tell them in three weeks.

I like Nozomi I just fear how badly they are going to drag this out.

If someone was to ask me when this arc would end after last weeks episode I'd tell them in three weeks.

The only good thing about Nozomi at this point is that skirt she runs around in
lLGKsTS.png

MikeMyers

The only dubs that Toonami has that I don't really like are Naruto and Bleach, the former gets better as it goes along.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shit Bass has been possessed by the Sigma Zero Andrex virus.

EDIT: Naruto might have the most improved dub ever. It doesn't hurt that the turn around happens around the time Crispin Freeman gets his first cameo role.

By the time of the filler dub they are all really comfortable with the role. I've had nothing but good feelings hearing all these great dub performances in these shitty episodes. One of which I better watch right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Since this thread is on a minor Pokémon kick though I must say that X/Y series has had one of the strongest starts to a series ever.

Pokémon is notorious for having awful first seasons of series. The first season is clearly the very best (like no one ever was) but early Johto, Hoenn, and Unova are awful. Sinnoh was ok season one. All of them end strong besides Johto.

Also this kick ass theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ0zRvNqDYk

MikeMyers

I've been replaying Soul Silver, just beat LT Surge with Golem and Victrebel.

Andrex when I finally get around to X I'm naming the Grass starter Jaken.

Since this thread is on a minor Pokémon kick though I must say that X/Y series has had one of the strongest starts to a season ever.

Pokémon is notorious for having awful first seasons of series. The first season is clearly the very best (like no one ever was) but early Johto, Hoenn, and Unova are awful. Sinnoh was ok season one. All of them end strong besides Johto.

Also this kick ass theme. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ0zRvNqDYk

I can't watch the anime anymore not after they completely fucked over Ash with that Darkrai trainer, that was seriously the biggest load of bull I've ever seen

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did anything ever happen with the GS Ball in Pokemon?

According to the show's producer at the time, the GS Ball would have contained Celebi. That plot was scrapped with parts of it incorporated into Pokemon 4Ever. So they hoped that people would just forget the GS Ball existed. We did not.

I can't watch the anime anymore not after they completely fucked over Ash with that Darkrai trainer, that was seriously the biggest load of bull I've ever seen

That was major bullshit. Not only did he have Darkrai, but he also had a Latios. It's the like the writers thought Ash was getting too strong so they created this guy to complete curbstomp him.

His loss in the Unova League though? Faaaaar worse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It also coincided with a dropped event in Crystal that only Japan got! Synergy!

so like which parts of the Pokemon anime are worth watching?

Depending on your tolerance for the trapings of a kid's show most of it is good. If you want the very best then.

The entire first season
The Johto League finals
Battle Frontier, all of it. Would be the best season of the show if not for the transition in voice acting.
Pretty much the entire Diamond and Pearl series. Lots of good episodes here.
The last two seasons of Black and White. Rival Destinies and...Adventures in Unova and Beyond.
X/Y the series.

If you want the single best episode then look no further than Ignorance is Blissey.

According to the show's producer at the time, the GS Ball would have contained Celebi. That plot was scrapped with parts of it incorporated into Pokemon 4Ever. So they hoped that people would just forget the GS Ball existed. We did not.

Hokage'd

Pretty much.

They should make it a thing once/if Bleach comes back. ¬‿¬

I was looking for lewd images of Nozomi but the only one I could find was the one of her punching Gon where we get an upskirt into nothing
or she's not wearing panties

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It really will take those two being banned for me to ever top the wall of shame. A part of me wants to just go crazy, set a timer and post something once a minute, every minute that I possibly can so I can job out to some newcomer who Cells all over the place.

Heck before coming back down to earth Fox was going to beat us all. He's the Gohan of this thread.

Im fine with that, gohan was my favorite character.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I must go and watch the Stonecutters episode of The Simpsons now because of this title and I am fine with this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Christ I've missed Toonami for like 3 weeks in a row. I feel so ashamed. I can't believe I missed to finish off SAO too! I was like 2 or 3 episodes away from the finale. I wanted to see what BS tactics and storytelling Kirito was going to get into! Oh well, I'm not curious enough to actually go out of my way to watch it.

And Blue Exorcist? Looks kinda cool.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I must go and watch the Stonecutters episode of The Simpsons now because of this title and I am fine with this.

"I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Weird, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff! And I want in."

MikeMyers

I don't even understand why Gohan/Cell is such a popular fight. The whole beatdown was a rehash of Vegeta's beatdown on Second Form Cell, and there's no tension until the Kamikaze and Kamehameha duel - which is exactly when Goku has to rejoin the battle and hold Gohan's hand.

i'm not really gonna complain about dbz rehashing fighting dynamics , i just enjoyed him not holding back and becoming super saiyan 2 , i dont mind that he got help from during the beam struggle either since the best moment of the beam struggle fight is when vegeta hits cell and his theme starts playing anyways.

I was reading about Goten a few days ago and how he was going to be replacing Goku as the main character.

Saiyaman and Goten playing Batman and Robin would have been great.

MikeMyers

I think Gohan's best fight was Gohan/Krillin/Yajirobe against Vegeta, with both his battles against Super Buu as a close second.

Edit: Now to think of it, I don't think Krillin even landed a single hit on Vegeta. That's pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom