• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Gear New Series |OT| No Longer Starring Chris Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveCake

This in hospital bed 'joke' is lame, he's just trying to make it all about himself again. -.-

Here comes Eddie Jordan.

Oh this challenge has some more of Chris Evans's pals with him.

This but could actually have been totally fine until they shoehorned in some absolute randomers. The fuck?

This was their first abroad film - so I wonder if they slightly overwrote their first few films in desperation to make stuff happen (see, what the fuck were they thinking with half the Blackpool details)

This was their first abroad film - so I wonder if they slightly overwrote their first few films in desperation to make stuff happen (see, what the fuck were they thinking with half the Blackpool details)

Yup. They would have done far better just admitting they didn't really know each other and letting their relationship grow naturally though.

LoveCake

The cynic in me wonders if these singers have any new albums/songs/tours to promote?

I don't understand what this challenge is supposed to be about, I agree that some of the original challenges were 'out there' but at least they were entertaining.

moojito

I've yet to see this myself, but it's interesting seeing the knee jerk hate start to ebb away on the comments here.

chris's TFI instincts really don't work on Top Gear. The guests shilling stuff was the worst part of the old show and it's extra terrible here.

Newlove

The segments are pretty good but I just don't think the studio parts are working too well. Too much forced audience participation and I'm not sure the larger sofa of guests is a better choice.

chris's TFI instincts really don't work on Top Gear. The guests shilling stuff was the worst part of the old show and it's extra terrible here.

Yep definitely still the weak links here. Thoroughly enjoying everything else though. The audience seem more into it this week too so it's negating the awkwardness of Chris' shoutiness this time.

He'a still annoying as fuck when in the studio though.

LoveCake

3 middle aged pratts fooling around with expensive cars.

Nothing has changed

True, but is also true that when Jezza, May and Hammond were acting like pratts fooling around with expensive cars, three hundred and fifty million (plus) viewers around the earth tuned into to watch them because they enjoyed it and found it entertaining.

I just cannot see the same amount or more enjoying this.

Not everyone likes the same thing (life would be boring if it were) but I loved the previous Top Gear and I am not enjoying this at all.

I don't know what the other episodes are like, but they must have known to get the big hitters out in the first couple of shows, it seems that they have no ideas at all :/

Arials

Seasick Steve's personality suits Top Gear so much more than Chris Evans.

Obviously quite a lot of people would, but Seasick Steve more than most.

I am noticing high levels of product placement and inserted shots (reversing camera) in this challenge more so than I ever noticed it in this show before.

jergrah

Finally watched the first episode yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Of course it can't touch the original crew, but I expected garbage (like the US version) and thought that it was actually pretty good.

Seasick Steve's personality suits Top Gear so much more than Chris Evans.

Obviously quite a lot of people would, but Seasick Steve more than most.

As a producer, Chris Evans has a brilliant talent for stacking a show with people better suited for the lead presenting role than him.

LMAO Matt putting Eddie in his place for not putting the Merc in off-road mode had a glimmer of the kind of chemistry that makes this show thrive. More of this please!

True, but is also true that when Jezza, May and Hammond were acting like pratts fooling around with expensive cars, three hundred and fifty million (plus) viewers around the earth tuned into to watch them because they enjoyed it and found it entertaining.

I just cannot see the same amount or more enjoying this.

Not everyone likes the same thing (life would be boring if it were) but I loved the previous Top Gear and I am not enjoying this at all.

I don't know what the other episodes are like, but they must have known to get the big hitters out in the first couple of shows, it seems that they have no ideas at all :/

It'll take some time to bed in. I enjoyed the old show even though I don't like Clarkson. I don't like Evans either but this is entertaining me.

I hope they do a Christmas episode this year.

Archer

ajhVpWi.gif

Maximus P

That was pretty good actually. I missed the frist show but heard bad things so i went into this expecting to be disappointed.

It will take some getting used to. But i thought it was a fun watch.

thenexus6

Matt remains the best, Eddie is always a laugh. I actually like the idea of two hosts then other people coming in for special stuff like this.

I hope Matt continues with this dry, serious tone. Its quite funny - like having a "go" at Eddie for not being in 4x4 mode then cut to Eddie looking sad in the passengers seat.

Shouty McShoutface brings the show down a bit but it's not as bad as I had thought. The staged banter in the studio and during the main feature is horrid. Matt is awesome!

I'm going to be positive and say that this episode was much better than the first. I laughed a couple times and I cringed a couple times. I still think Chris Evans is annoyingly loud and that Matt is the better host even with his monotone voice. All the guests were also pretty funny and I enjoyed the 4X4 segments.

It's not as ''Doom and Gloom' as most people were predicting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom