• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torchlight |OT| The Definitive Loot game of 2009

Defcon

Banned
Kandrick said:
Still no demo available ?

The full game is the demo. It's time based until you have to buy it to continue playing. It will be released on torchlightgame.com in 4 hours I believe.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
2znmi3p.gif

Demo is up on Steam also, or at least it appears in my Games list.

Defcon

Banned
Yeah, cool. Demo up for you guys still on the fence on Steam. I'm heading off to play. :D

Cool looking pistol someone found...

pistolsx.jpg

Please please someone with a netbook see if they made good on their claims! I'm at work now, and probably won't get a chance to try it till 7 EST.

Holy shit. I just found an orange at level 2.
2j4a4ax.jpg

Also, although I've only been playing for a few minutes this feels like the game that I've been wanting for a long, long time now. I'll have to check how it works on my netbook later, if it doesn't run to my liking I'll seriously consider investing in an Ion-powered netbook.

Bought this off Steam last night from all the hype on GAF. Looks like a fun distraction while I'm not playing the consoles. This and Forza 3 today = awesome.

Had to reformat my comp after an unfortunate accident involving a torrent of viruses, so I think tonight, I'll finish up the process and give this game a whirl. Wanted to play a Diablo-esque game again for awhile now.

Defcon

Banned
Well, I just hit the 3rd floor and so far this is what I've wanted in an ARPG for too long now. I'm floored at how great the game looks considering it doesn't use any shaders. I have it maxed out detail and res for my monitor (1280x1024) with AA on a 5 year old computer and it runs flawlessly so those with netbooks or lesser systems should be good to go.

Going to play through the game as a Vanquisher first on Hard difficulty. I'll complete it before I gush too much but first impressions lead me to believe it's an AAA game that's amazingly only $20.

Dreavus

syllogism said:
I recommend starting on very hard

I was thinking about it, but I don't really want to be curb stomped by bosses on my first play through. :lol I might go Hard to start, then very hard on my second character.

Revengeance said:
Please please someone with a netbook see if they made good on their claims! I'm at work now, and probably won't get a chance to try it till 7 EST.

Downloading it onto my Acer Aspire One right now. Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to try it out immediately either. ><

Median

dejan said:
Word of advice: if you purchased and installed the full game do not delete the demo.

Does it delete both if you delete the demo? I noticed there's no folder for the demo in steamapps, just a folder for the full game. There's also a handy-dandy manual in the game folder.

bee

5 mins in....game is awesome

playing on hard, reminds me so much of mythos but it certainly seems more polished so far

batbeg

I just know this isn't going to run on my netbook, but it looks so great I have to try.

Download faster dammit!

First 10 minute impressions: what a very refreshing take on the genre. It doesn't really do anything new, so to speak, but things look and feel right. It also runs on my laptop which has a shitty integrated card and only 1.8ghz dual core. Rock on.

Defcon

Banned
syllogism said:
I recommend starting on very hard

I thought about it but I heard the bosses are a nightmare on very hard. I'll beat it on Hard first and learn the skills and what not.

Playing on very hard with an army of imps. So far so good, only just started on level 5 dungeon though. Hope I won't regret very hard too much further on.

I love how adorable the game is. Just polished and nice somehow. Love my little imp army :)

So yeah, for the first 3 floors at least, very hard isn't hard at all.
Kuro Madoushi said:
Wait, you guys playing this through steam?

There's no option to install it for me...it's on my games list though
restart steam.

V_Arnold

The game is awesome, nuff said. (Not really, as I will write a review about this a few days later).

Went to level 10 on my hunter lady, now started an alchemist too, because of the unique wand I have found with her. And because while shooting ricochetting missiles IS fun, I do not want to go to deep with one char just to realize I would have liked others better.

Silky smooth movement, very unique atmosphere, touching music (as expected, I dare to say), and addictive as hell. I ALMOST considered not showing up on tonight's Anub Arak hard mode try. Problem with that is I am the Main tank.. :D

bdouble

Would be playing this by now but happened to pick the only wifi spot in town with the slowest possible speed. Taken 1 1/2 to get.

Top Bottom