• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter by InXile [Complete; $4.3 million funded]

Perkel

Banned
KICKSTARTER PAGE - 900,000$ GOAL

=============================================

Info about pitch:
  • Single player, isometric RPG. Spiritual successor to Planescape: Torment
  • Story writters: Colin McComb and Monte Cook. Two of the three primary writers for Planescape setting.
  • Music: Mark Morgan, who composed Planescape:Torment music.
  • Based on new Numenera setting combining sci-fi with fantasy
  • No DRM, Linux, Mac, Windows. Engine used Unity.
  • The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
  • "just as PS:T strove to defy RPG tropes, so too will Torment – including some tropes that were established by PS:T "

What Chris Avellone thinks about it (original writer for PST)

Why you should back it ? Because there is no such thing like too much isometric RPG.

If you think "But they are already creating WASTELAND 2 ! Those scumbags"

If you are on NeoGAF for longer time you should already know how games are created. Creation of game is not process that involve writers from start to end same as 3D artist will be jobless in pre-production (design part of production).

Their motives are known and you can read it here.

In summary to keep their team intact they need second project to work on as pre-production. When Wasteland 2 will hit our PCs they will start full production of Torment.
You may not believe me as i am mare NeoGAF user but you can ask anyone working in industry that motives are clear and completely logical.

Perkel

Banned
Updates:

#01 - Updated our Journal... - 900 000 $ (goal) in exactly 6 hours.
#01a -Kickstarter confirmed that Torment reached faster 1mln than any other gaming project including OUYA. $1mln in less than 7 hours.
#02 = Updated our Journal: A Gift, Stretch Goals Past & Present, Pay Pal

How game should look :

ibtznGXRTfnhEp.gif

static screenshot:

Acidote

Pledged. I'm quite glad about how inXile is managing their Wasteland 2 kickstarter so they have my trust for now.

duckroll

Gonna back at the minimum to show some support, and bump it up towards the end if I like what they have to show.

Aaron

No thanks. Finish your first kickstarter, and prove you can actually get it done. Will just buy the game when it's finally released (if it's any good).

epmode

I guess I'm in for the minimum. Which is strange because this is the concept I'm most interested in out of Eterninty and Wasteland 2 and I gave a lot more to those.

They really shouldn't have done this without Avellone as lead designer.

I like the concept art

InXile's concept guy is incredible.

In for $40 for that Wasteland 2/Tides of Numenera bundle!

The original Planescape: Torment is still one of my favorite games ever, so I'm very excited about this.

In for $40 for that Wasteland 2/Tides of Numenera bundle!

The original Planescape: Torment is still one of my favorite games ever, so I'm very excited about this.

I'm thinking about that too since I didn't had the chance to back wasteland2. all this kickstarter stuff is making me poor :(

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
No thanks. Finish your first kickstarter, and prove you can actually get it done. Will just buy the game when it's finally released (if it's any good).

Fargo explains why he'd like two projects running side by side in the pitch video. There's a better explanation in his Wasteland 2 kickstarter update that just got posted. His reasons are perfectly reasonable.

Goddamnit Fargo, I already want to pledge the Feep game and those C&H shorts, why now? I already had to hold myself last year with Shadowrun and Project Eternity, right now I can't afford another donation.

Nibel

Video is awesome - and they might reach their goal in just a few days or maybe even hours at this pace

Durante

Concept art is amazing. I need the map tier, though it's 118 USD for me and I didn't want to pledge over 100.

Whatever.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Same, I'm already risking too much for the boxed copy of WL2 I kickstarted, even if the video made me feel confident about it.

I don't feel good about them doing another game before finishing that one either though, it could go bad.

I hope they won't outsource even more of it to Obsidian who also have their own project.

The name they chose kind of sucks. Numenera: Torment please.

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
Instantly backed. Kickstarters have to do a lot more than they used to if they want to grab my attention, but this is a spiritual successor to my second-favourite game of all time.

Llyranor

Great concept art. The vid music was original stuff from Morgan, right? I like the story concept. Will need to read more about the world/setting. Will at least pledge at minimum level.

Only reason I'm hesitant is lack of Avellone. I'd throw away hundreds if he was in.

LiK

Are you a Wasteland 2 backer? They sent an email today explaining the Torment deal for your concerns specifically.

JDSN

Banned
Not for me, id rather let people beta test it first, the studio as a whole is hardly obsidian, Avellone is not involved and it might be too big of a project for McComb. It will probably be the biggest kickstarter tho.

Is there any way to do two separate pledge tiers? I want to do the 250 and the 500 and decide later, since both are semi limited. Neither will likely sell out, but still. I know I can pledge more but I can only seem o pick one tier.

Vlodril

Goddamnit i am broke.. so i guess i hope i can find some money before this is done other wise i will get it when its out.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
$95 ODDITY COLLECTOR - TRUE BELIEVER - PHYSICAL GOODS.. bought.

edit:

i didnt see any difference between this and the $110 tier.. did i miss something?

Top Bottom