• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT2|

Quick

Banned
Damn the Roger Center ;) sure is looking nice....how much is a full house in there? 60k?

According to Wikipedia, the Rogers Centre in Canadian football configuration has a maximum seating capacity of 52,230. I think I heard the announcers say it's at around 56,000 right now.

For comparison's sake, the stadium's American football configuration seats 54,000.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Feels, man.

Unfortunately, with how often the Rogers Centre changes in configuration, real grass is next to impossible. There isn't even any drainage built in.
Real grass for one game isn't a problem as seen with exhibition soccer games with European clubs. They're just being cheap for the Grey Cup.

MPW

This one girl I used to work with couldn't even read and got accepted to York. I know some brain dead people who go there. Lots of super smart ones too, though. I was going to go there because many people say you have a better chance getting into med school doing your undergrad at York (slightly less competitive I guess - not sure how true this is) than U of T but I just said fuck it. Bullshit like these sex assaults and the strikes just aren't worth it and ultimately why I'm at U of T.

if you want good marks while not working for it, go to UOIT

Magnus

So, decided to move this winter with a buddy. Need cash quick, gonna start offloading a bunch of my worldly possessions that I ain't touching to help cushion the financial blow, haha.

Starting with: the Wii U I've turned on twice. Just don't want it right now after all. It's the deluxe one with all the packaging intact and Nintendo Land of course. Figure $300 would be fair. Would there be any interest?

Next up: a bunch of blurays I've also used only once or twice. Will post a list tomorrow.

Hieberrr

Yup, football isn't for me. I got really ticked off with the breaks and commercials and the game didn't excite me one bit.

I'm out! I hope the Argos win though. This city needs this LOL

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport

vyD0i.jpg

Quick

Banned
Yup, football isn't for me. I got really ticked off with the breaks and commercials and the game didn't excite me one bit.

I'm out! I hope the Argos win though. This city needs this LOL

Football live is terrible. At least you have distractions when watching it on TV, like the play-by-play and different cameras filming random shit. In the stadium? Play starts, play stops. Stadium announcer announces what had just happened. Rinse, repeat.

Then again, I've only seen one Argos game and a bunch of Bills games to make up my opinion.

Real grass for one game isn't a problem as seen with exhibition soccer games with European clubs. They're just being cheap for the Grey Cup.

Go figure they spend a shit ton of money on everything other than the actual playing area.

But for real, real grass on the Rogers Centre permanently would be pretty cool.

So, decided to move this winter with a buddy. Need cash quick, gonna start offloading a bunch of my worldly possessions that I ain't touching to help cushion the financial blow, haha.

Starting with: the Wii U I've turned on twice. Just don't want it right now after all. It's the deluxe one with all the packaging intact and Nintendo Land of course. Figure $300 would be fair. Would there be any interest?

Next up: a bunch of blurays I've also used only once or twice. Will post a list tomorrow.
Aren't you still within the return period to get your money back on that Wii U?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
JUSTIN BIEBER?!!?! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF?!

300 is a nice price...I'm tempted...but I'm worried it'll be another dust collector just like my wii (gods that sound so wrong)

Quick

Banned
Worst name change in the history of ever

I don't mind the name change, but "Rogers SkyDome" would've been a better compromise.

Ehh...I guess it's better than Drake at the all-star game in Ottawa.

Bieber is just not a great choice for this crowd though <_<

Drake wasn't too bad at the ASG in Ottawa, but it's pretty much like playing hip hop music at an elderly home.

Bieber could be demolished by this crowd tonight, but we'll see.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind the name change, but "Rogers SkyDome" would've been a better compromise.

Hmm...I'm not sure why they never went with this.

With every company and their mother naming buildings after companies for more name rec, I'm not not surprised. Rogers SkyDome would've been a decent compromise. I do recall the original couple or whomever, that named it the SkyDome still get to keep their free seats for life.

edit: Qck, pls! The crowd was totally not into it; one of the most awkward performances I've seen at the ASG.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Ah that sucks. Not personally interested but don't imagine you'll have difficulty getting rid of it.

Yeah. Try kijiji or craig's list. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get more for it...though I will say that I saw a lot of basic units around. Deluxe version was supposed to be back in stock in two weeks is what I heard from a rep at walmart of all places.

Quick

Banned
These camera angles are atrocious.

Hey, let's see the stage up front. NOPE, crowd's blocking everything.

Hey, how about the side. NOPE, looks stupid.

Hey, let's get closer. NOPE, too close.

Top Bottom