• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Lick's is still great. Although I wish they still sang.

ibfAb5RHQ6ywX1.gif

Average.

Lots of variety to choose from, but nothing I had there was that great.

Two locations? Danforth and Beaches?

One in Bloor West Village as well. Basically it seemed like a cleaner, slightly more expensive version of The Yellow Griffin across the street. I wouldn't mind going there on occasion, but the price makes sure it wouldn't be too often.

My laptop still works! FUCK YEAH!

0NUEJS9.jpg

source

PS I just watched the highlights from the Blue Jays game last night.... that ball hitting Happ in the head looked horrible. I hope he is ok.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My laptop still works! FUCK YEAH!

PS I just watched the highlights from the Blue Jays game last night.... that ball hitting Happ in the head looked horrible. I hope he is ok.

Cut on the ear and bruise on his face is what they're saying. Hopefully no fracture, or damage to the eye of any kind then.

Brinbe

='( that was seriously the worst gut punch ever. Entire MLSquare crowd went from 10000000000000 to 0 in an instant.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Still sad because it's been so long, that said we have much better ownership now than Harold Ballard and the damn teachers' pension fund.
Rogers and Bell are better? First I've heard of this.

This Leiweke character is supposedly a magician, so let's see if one of these fuckin teams can turn it around.

Fire Colangelo and bring on the Jackson era!
Messi to TFC (lol)
Fire Carlyle and bring in Eakins! I don't even know who could be a GM for us at this point...

This Leiweke character is supposedly a magician, so let's see if one of these fuckin teams can turn it around.

Messi to TFC (lol)
Fire Carlyle and bring in Eakins! I don't even know who could be a GM for us at this point...

Anything is better than Ballard and the teacher's pension fund, Rogers and Bell want more people to tune in, especially during hockey playoffs, at the very least they see beyond just milking the Leafs and refusing to spend money.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Messi to TFC (lol)

Dude go read up on Ballard and then come back here and say anything is worse then that.

Rogers/Bell haven't even owned the team a year yet. They've made major changes in all the teams except the Raptors so far.

Both companies can eat a bag of dicks but they seem focused on making these teams the best they can possibly be.

Unless you are one of those people who believes that all they care about is making money yet refuse to somehow see how it's in their best interest to have teams that can compete for a championship every year thus making them more money.

I know it seems ridiculous, why would Rogers/Bell care to have a team that wins the Stanley Cup and where they can easily sell tickets for 1000 bucks for standing room only in the finals versus just making the first round and getting bounced and only selling tickets for 200 a pop.

You can totally be cheap and not committed to winning when you spend up to and above the cap every year (burying contracts in the minors)

Heard that crap when the Teachers owned MLSE, and now again with Bell/Rogers, just stop, thats how you know you are talking to someone who doesn't follow the team very closely

Edit - The Leafs are also slow and out of shape? lol what

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You can totally be cheap and not committed to winning when you spend up to and above the cap every year (burying contracts in the minors)

Heard that crap when the Teachers owned MLSE, and now again with Bell/Rogers, just stop, thats how you know you are talking to someone who doesn't follow the team very closely

Edit - The Leafs are also slow and out of shape? lol what
I personally would have had either one own it fully, but we'll see how it works out.

Already had one bonehead move firing Burke.

Leafs clearly weren't slow, but the thing that kills us is we can't attack on the inside at all against the Bruins. Seems that any other team we can do that and we can even beat trap teams, but we can't do shit when we're boxed out.

Brinbe

Well, it's not as if the Bruins are a strong, veteran squad and among the cup favorites or anything, so we must be absolute garbage, right?

Also, the Leafs didn't go nine years missing the playoffs under Ballard ;)

Sober

I personally would have had either one own it fully, but we'll see how it works out.

Already had one bonehead move firing Burke.

Leafs clearly weren't slow, but the thing that kills us is we can't attack on the inside at all against the Bruins. Seems that any other team we can do that and we can even beat trap teams, but we can't do shit when we're boxed out.
Leafs were really strong last night from what I noticed. Tons of pressure on the attacking end but we kept giving up shitty goals. I swear all of them except the OT winning goal was a shitty giveaway from center ice during a change or something.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs were really strong last night from what I noticed. Tons of pressure on the attacking end but we kept giving up shitty goals. I swear all of them except the OT winning goal was a shitty giveaway from center ice during a change or something.
Yeah that was only a poorly timed and executed pinch.

Still, at least they were aggressive. I wished they played like that the whole goddamn game.

Jayhawk

I blame Reimer on that winning goal. 2 on 1s will happen in overtime, you can't give up a goal like that though. Though I am hungover after watching the game downtown at a bar...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I blame Reimer on that winning goal. 2 on 1s will happen in overtime, you can't give up a goal like that though. Though I am hungover after watching the game downtown at a bar...
I don't blame him for that. Kreicji had all the time in the world to get that shot. We never had anything like that all game. We only had shots where players barely got a look before during blindly.

Dyno

For Greek/Danforth I tend to like Kalyvia, it's small and you can tell they are really into their thing.

Yup. This is my go-to place on the Danforth as well. Always great food and service.

For seriously upscale pub food The Auld Spot on Danforth is also a nice treat.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

In the end it's obviously his fault because he let the goal but first with Phaneuf's bad pinch started it and O'Byrne not committing to one of the wingers is what did him in.

You can see it in the goal, normally on a 2 on 1 the defenseman should be more focused on stopping the pass allowing the goaltender to focus on the shooter but O'Byrne didn't commit to playing the pass or even taking the shooter which left Reimer having to try to anticipate both.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
In the end it's obviously his fault because he let the goal but first with Phaneuf's bad pinch started it and O'Byrne not committing to one of the wingers is what did him in.

You can see it in the goal, normally on a 2 on 1 the defenseman should be more focused on stopping the pass allowing the goaltender to focus on the shooter but O'Byrne didn't commit to playing the pass or even taking the shooter which left Reimer having to try to anticipate both.
Lol so it's O'Byrne's fault? I can't disagree with that.

Willectro

Banned

Holy shit. With a team like the Leafs, how can you even blame the goalie? The entire team let the guy waltz in and score, not once, not twice, but three fucking times! The Leafs took some terrible penalties and essentially wasted most of the powerplays they had. Blaming the goalie is insanity, but Leafs fans always need a scapegoat.

Ford is going in circles again at City Hall, supports a report that subways are possible with certain revenue tools but then says you don't need revenue tools

*facepalm*

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ford is going in circles again at City Hall, supports a report that subways are possible with certain revenue tools but then says you don't need revenue tools

*facepalm*

My Twitter feed is pretty funny right now.

Claire McWatt ‏@ClaireYYZ
@JoshMatlow asks the mayor how he intends to spend money that's already been spent. #TTC #TOPoli

CP24 ‏@CP24 12m
Ford says money generated from tax will only go to provincial "slush fund."

mike murphy ‏@raptormurph 4m
@JoshMatlow @taylorscollon this has to be rock bottom for this council. Never has it ever been so bad. #topoli

Karen Stintz ‏@karenstintz 27m
The Mayor doesn't support tax credits for low-income earners. #TOpoli

Karen Stintz ‏@karenstintz 7s
Mayor Ford just voted for subways with NO funding. Yet again, saying something and doing nothing is still doing nothing. #leadership #topoli

zroid

Banned
The best we can hope for a mayor whom the councilors don't actively despise. At least then we can stop paying their salaries to basically yell at each other all day and do nothing.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Metro Morning
‏@metromorning
With a lot of shouting, council voted to back 2 subways but rejected 14 ways on how to pay for transit. We'll do the math tmrw am.

Seems normal. We want stuff, but no one wants to deal with the public backlash when they have to find a way to pay for it.

Relevant:

ihg3BP7MTTgiS.gif

Seems normal. We want stuff, but no one wants to deal with the public backlash when they have to find a way to pay for it.

Part of the issue is that the Councillors only hear from the most vocal of their constituents, and ignore any macro-level studies that suggest the vocal people are not the majority.

But anyway, my greatest concern is that the only revenue tools that TO Council seems to still sort-of-support-by-virtue-of-not-actively-opposing are tools that will most greatly impact businesses, who already pay higher taxes/rates in this city than anywhere else in the GTA.

That's not to say they're not valid options, but to target revenue-generators of the city over, say, commuters (both driving and transiting) won't do the city any favours in the long run.

I say Metrolinx should just annex local transit systems and co-ordinate a massive network. GO Transit has managed to implement infrastructure upgrades, a new fare card, shuttle servicing and expanded parking (which, let's be fair, decimates local transit), AND zoned fares - all while having to compete for rail line space with CN and VIA. That's no small feat.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
With my GAF posting history exposed, I'll certainly cave under the pressure of questions like "WHY IS IT THAT YOU OWN FIVE NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEMS. ARE YOU SIR, A FANBOY?" and "WHY IS IT THAT YOU HATE BURGER PRIEST? DO YOU HATE GOOD THINGS?"

I can't deal with it, guys. I'm sorry!

Anth0ny

With my GAF posting history exposed, I'll certainly cave under the pressure of questions like "WHY IS IT THAT YOU OWN FIVE NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEMS. ARE YOU SIR, A FANBOY?" and "WHY IS IT THAT YOU HATE BURGER PRIEST? DO YOU HATE GOOD THINGS?"

you own five nintendo 3ds systems?

I own 3, and 4 dses

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Toronto Star breaking news: New Toronto mayor caught funneling city funds for Nintendo Points!

How many platinum accounts do you have? -_-

All that Toronto has done now is let the province decide which tax to impose on Toronto. The whole point of it was to see which taxes they would PREFER over the others, not whether they wanted them or not. Ford is clueless if he thinks this means no new taxes. "Saved households $1000 a year" LOL you made it worse.

Just shit on a desk or cut toenails in the subway. Instant vote winner in this city.

Top Bottom