• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

The funny part is that I bet Ford gets re-elected. lol

It's pretty likely. Most Toronto mayors win a second term before the public turns on them.

B4ZQ8mH.jpg

source

Azih

Man after about two years of sanity I'm so not happy about the return of the classic insane Amalgamated Toronto City Council.

NO TAX
NO SERVICE CUTS AND ALL THE INFRASTRUCTURE INVESTMENT

Pick one of the two positions you spineless cowards and stop trying to shift blame and leave the dirty work to other levels of government. Show some fricking leadership.

Oppo

I only have LTE on my iPad 4 (still using a 4S iPhone) but from what I've used, it's great. Really fast and snappy. Signal is not always consistent through the city though, it has fallen back to 3G on me.

Dyno

Ford has been trying to find efficiencies for how long now? He needs to list specifics already

Ford's political ideology is so ridged that he has basically bound himself up. He doesn't have any ideas of his own and he is unwilling to face reality and select from the choices available.

So his strategy is to be the dissenting voice. Other people will come up with ideas, other people will seek solutions, meanwhile he gets to take a big shit on what everyone else comes up with.

The real problem is that he's the mayor, he's the leader, and he really should be the one to make a choice and set the agenda. It might be a hard choice but he asked for the job and so he should make it.

You can't have a leader who is also a dessenting voice, in essence the opposition. To be both the leader and the opposition is a political disaster and we get to see why in council sessions like this one.

Quadratic

Just another reminder about the TO-Monster Hunter meetup tomorrow at the Beer Station. If you need directions or info send me a PM. Going to try and reserve a table for 6. Although might not seem necessary since it's usually dead inside.

Oh, remember to bring a charger since we might run out of juice while hunting. If this is successful maybe we can make it a somewhat regular event.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just another reminder about the TO-Monster Hunter meetup tomorrow at the Beer Station. If you need directions or info send me a PM. Going to try and reserve a table for 6. Although might not seem necessary since it's usually dead inside.

Oh, remember to bring a charger since we might run out of juice while hunting. If this is successful maybe we can make it a somewhat regular event.
My longsword is ready
to troll

What time?
Jesus Christ that place has bad reviews. Worse case we can go somewhere else if it's as bad as those reviews say. D;

Quick

Banned
that GIF is awesome.

Hey who wants an original Toronto Street Sign? they might be selling them for $30 soon, check it out.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2013/05/this_is_what_1000_retired_toronto_street_signs_look_like/

Really wouldn't mind owning that Yonge St. sign. $30 is a pretty good selling price. Not sure where I'd put it, though.

$25 tickets for Via Rail for basically anywhere between Windsor and Montreal (from Toronto). I haven't taken Via in quite a while, but I use to take it from the Falls to Toronto quite a bit.

That's pretty tempting. It's been ages since I've been to Montreal. I've looked at prices before, but never seriously considered taking the train. $25 is pretty good.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My longsword is ready
to troll

What time?
Jesus Christ that place has bad reviews. Worse case we can go somewhere else if it's as bad as those reviews say. D;

It is pretty tough to get a 1.5 star rating on Yelp. Haha.

Is Kave coming? If we only have three I'll bring Chris along for a full party.

Quadratic

My longsword is ready
to troll

What time?

Yeah the reviews aren't great, but I didn't plan on us eating. There's better options nearby. Just a place for some beer and it won't be packed on a Saturday.

Time: 6pm

How can you mess up serving a pitcher of beer? yeesh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah the reviews aren't great, but I didn't plan on us eating. There's better options nearby. Just a place for some beer and it won't be packed on a Saturday.

Time: 6pm

How can you mess up serving a pitcher of beer? yeesh.

Snippet from a Yelp review:

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. The service is inexcusable. They always seem to be extremely short-staffed. Today we waited 45 minutes to get our first round of beers and then were told that the kitchen was closed because they couldn't keep up. Even standing up at the bar, I've sometimes waited 15 mins to order a bevvy.

I think we'll riot if we have to wait 45 minutes for a beer.

Quadratic

If it's horrible we can move on. I'll be there a bit early since I'll be headed there after my shift @ 5pm. We'll be a small enough group to pick up and find somewhere else.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It is pretty tough to get a 1.5 star rating on Yelp. Haha.

Is Kave coming? If we only have three I'll bring Chris along for a full party.
Just bring your wife.

Any other TO Gaffers might be coming? This is the unofficial meet up til Krafty wakes up.

You guys don't have to come to play, we can drink 45 min served beer and complain about burgers.

I could also bring my neglected vita for some SS.

Edit: bring your wife, Dragona!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just bring your wife.

Any other TO Gaffers might be coming? This is the unofficial meet up til Krafty wakes up.

You guys don't have to come to play, we can drink 45 min served beer and complain about burgers.

I could also bring my neglected vita for some SS.

Edit: bring your wife, Dragona[!

That's it, Kuro. We're not coming at all!

Just kidding, asshole

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Woooohooohoohooooooo!

Now to stress until Sunday.

So what's this about the MH3 meetup tomorrow?

If you don't mind having a complete novice who uses a metal bagpipe I wouldn't mind coming by. I'll be at TCAF during the day anyways so shouldn't be too rough to slide over for a bit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can't, I'm currently in quarantine for a horrible flesh-rotting disease. It's pretty disgusting, guys, you don't want me there. I'm just, like, covered in gashes and sores and there's pus like everywhere.

Sounds like a good time. We'll just come over to your place.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Do lurkers show up at meetups?

I've been thinking about going to a meetup but I feel strange going since I don't think anyone even knows me :(

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I didn't know anyone but who cares? You're already a GAF member! Just don't choke when someone asks what your GAF username is.

If I forget my gaf name, which is my real name, then something is wrong:)

Top Bottom