• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup XIII: Conrad's Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys!

I'm visiting for a few days from Montreal and the meetup happens to be during my stay here. If you don't mind a slightly depressed, non alcohol drinking gaffer with a french accent, I'd love to come and meet some of you guys.

The more the merrier.

BrunoM

Did not know there was a meet up for GAF in Toronto guess I got to keep my eyes more open lol

Guess next time

soultron

Banned
I have a work function and a house warming tomorrow, so I probably won't make it. Jealous because I missed the last one!

Remember to get KFC!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Who is Conrad and how did he die?
Nobody knows how he died and the worst part is it's not being investigated.

He's a raccoon that was found on the sidewalk. People started a little vigil next to the body when the city didn't clean it up right away.

dubq

I deal with Québécois every day due to my job...so it's not new to me

the Habs still suck. And yes, I know cause the Leafs suck too right now.

"right now" lol

Nobody knows how he died and the worst part is it's not being investigated.

He's a raccoon that was found on the sidewalk. People started a little vigil next to the body when the city didn't clean it up right away.

Oh right that thing. I didn't realize they had named it.

Sober

Premeetup location.. Tim's at Christie Station again? It's easy for everyone to find and you don't have to buy anything, but it can be busy. Green Beanery, CSI Coffee Pub, some other options around Bathurst and Bloor too.
We can argue about Real Fruit vs Tea Shop 168 again

Anony

just noticed it's at 8pm, you guys start way too late every time
i'll probably come, will be getting haircut then i'll grab something to eat before coming

dluu13

mmm I might actually come towards the end of the drinking and have the KFC. You guys typically head over to KFC around 10 right?

Will you post in the thread when migrating?

I actually saw Conrad when I was walking home from work that day. I was one of the first at the vigil. So of course I will be there to attend his wake.

(Also, SpeedRunners is my jam. I'll be gunning for that number one spot.)

Anony

anyone have a non-working snes?
looking to build a retropie with snes shell
probably wont be able to post again; if you do and want to sell, bring it

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
mmm I might actually come towards the end of the drinking and have the KFC. You guys typically head over to KFC around 10 right?

Will you post in the thread when migrating?

8pm start, so I imagine sometime around 10 at the earliest we'd move over. We always post in the thread when we're moving. You can message me on Twitter as well.

anyone have a non-working snes?
looking to build a retropie with snes shell
probably wont be able to post again; if you do and want to sell, bring it

I have a dud slim, but I'm probably sure you're looking for an original model. Also, this would involving looking for it in the boxes upon boxes of game junk..

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So guys, I think the plan is Tim's at Christie for the premeetup. If (more like once..) we have five, or more, we'll move on to a less busy location in the area, even if we have to show up at Clinton's early.

I'll be there around 5:30 and will post in here once I'm there.

I'm out today. Sorry guys.

MlRDSZc.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Heading out now. Should be at the Tim's around 5:40, or as the TTC flies. I'll edit this when I arrive.

edit: Here now, Tim's at exit to Christie Station

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I saw I'm listed in the OP but I never confirmed I was coming. I'm pretty tired (back to getting up at 5am) and I'm staying home. Have fun all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom