• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toryuken | Fighting game tournament | May 19-20

WOW

no SFxTK at the tourney? not enough participants?

so its not just America.
Was that said on stream? I thought it was just being pushed until later.

Also, I love Joker's Iron Man. c.H canceled to Repulsar Blast makes all the teleport spamming strenchcoats sit on the other side of the screen with no idea what to do. "If I can't teleport...um, what else can this character do?"

Was that said on stream? I thought it was just being pushed until later.

Also, I love Joker's Iron Man. c.H canceled to Repulsar Blast makes all the teleport spamming strenchcoats sit on the other side of the screen with no idea what to do. "If I can't teleport...um, what else can this character do?"

They said they wouldn't be streaming any SFxT tonight, just more Marvel.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I thought they were just talking about the stream / main stage not showing sfxt, not that it wasn't running at all, but I don't know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
WOW

no SFxTK at the tourney? not enough participants?

so its not just America.
There are, but no one wants to play it. In the morning, we never saw any SFxTK setups, because people took them over and made them Marvel setups.

Then the TO asked if anyone wanted to switch it to an SFxTK setup and someone screamed out "No one wants to play that shitty ass game" and no one really contested. Plus people like my friend are dropping out because they don't want to stay so late to watch SFxTK. The only SFxTK I saw was on a portable screen someone brought attached to their own PS3.

I'm kinda sad cause I wanted to actually try the game for the first time.

Dahbomb

GAF tell me how to fight Viper with Nova/Iron Man/Akuma.
You have Akuma on your team so that's already a plus. Try to get Viper airborne with Nova using Tatsu + Shield and then hail her with Javelins (play that lame shit). Use beam only at full screen away, Tatsu at close range. With Iron Man stay in the air and spam smart bombs, on the ground Tatsu plus Repulsor for space control.

Don't commit to anything unless you have to, threat of FA -> EX Seismo is too much. Try to space her out as much as you can while staying air borne. Viper hates Tatsu because it negates EX Seismo.

There are, but no one wants to play it. In the morning, we never saw any SFxTK setups, because people took them over and made them Marvel setups.

Then the TO asked if anyone wanted to switch it to an SFxTK setup and someone screamed out "No one wants to play that shitty ass game" and no one really contested. Plus people like my friend are dropping out because they don't want to stay so late to watch SFxTK. The only SFxTK I saw was on a portable screen someone brought attached to their own PS3.

I'm kinda sad cause I wanted to actually try the game for the first time.

LOL, tournaments are the best.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea about when you're slated to play your first match enzo?

I wanted the guy who uses Jade to win. He's pretty good. I tried to practice Mileena because I had problems with Jade, but I don't want to drop her at all. I recently practiced with Mileena and I used her online and got bodied. I really suck playing online in mk9, I drop combos so much and match ups are my biggest problem. So I haven't play for sometime but I want to get back into it. I will still main Jade and Mileena.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any idea about when you're slated to play your first match enzo?
Waiting patiently now, should've started 50 mins ago, everything is running more and more late. Every second it feels like someone is late and is being threatened disqualification.

Zero guarantee it'll be on stream though, so I don't know. I'm here with increasing anxiety. Been here since 9 AM waiting to play. Phone slowly dying.

Also thanks for the advice guys. Apparently the first guy I'm playing plays Viper.

They just announced 21 teams of 2 for SFxTK.

Waiting patiently now, should've started 50 mins ago, everything is running more and more late. Every second it feels like someone is late and is being threatened disqualification.

Zero guarantee it'll be on stream though, so I don't know. I'm here with increasing anxiety. Been here since 9 AM waiting to play. Phone slowly dying.

While you're there why don't you come and meet me. I'm the blanka player, right? :p

Man, Joker's Iron Man is way more impressive than his Magneto.

Also, I wish every person who says "that is so random" when there was clearly yomi going on becomes narcoleptic.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Joker doesn't live up to the hype but his Iron Man is great to watch.

Good luck Enzo!! Do you use the same tag on stream?
My pools are starting on the side right now, y'all might not get to see me.

Entered as GAF Enzo. Wish me luck. I'm filming the matches.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dude said my match is later on and at the end of my pool. I'm playing the guy running the stream. Hopefully he wants to body me on stream.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Joker's Magneto isn't even top 10 in my opinion. But his Iron Man. Definitely the best I've ever seen from a flashy standpoint. And this thread should be at 10+ pages by now.

Joker's Magneto isn't even top 10 in my opinion. But his Iron Man. Definitely the best I've ever seen from a flashy standpoint. And this thread should be at 10+ pages by now.

DiabloGAF

I haven't turned on a stream since Tuesday.

Has there been at hype thus far?

Dude said my match is later on and at the end of my pool. I'm playing the guy running the stream. Hopefully he wants to body me on stream.
May victory be yours.

I understand saying Joker isn't the best, but not top 10? I can't even think of 10 noteworthy Magneto players. Give your list madam!

Edit: What the hell @ that Wolverine/Strider combo. That's just horrible.

Top Bottom