• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toryuken | Fighting game tournament | May 19-20

Compared to what else has been on stream so far? A step up at least!

Lol I guess.

I'm actually surprised that he x-factor so early. He X-factors than does the Dante Jam session. Most Zero does the jam session first if it kills then it kills if it doesn't then they X-factor.

Gotta save that X-Factor... if he wants to make it farther unless he's that confident on his incoming mix ups.

Are any brackets posted online? I want to see how well my local buddies are doing.

There doesn't seem to be any brackets up, sorry. The users in the stream chat were complaining about it, too.

And the stream monsters are going on about Fanatiq/Joker, even though he's streaming right now. I'm gullible as hell.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is Skullgirls being played there, Enzo?
Yes. Lots of hype over that. Big crowds. Unfortunately, from what I hear, only top 4 will be streamed. Which is stupid. Kinda like Power Up all over again: Autumn Games sponsors, gives a stick, everything, and yet still they get the shaft when it comes to streams. Not sure about the validity of that though.

I went 0 - 2. Not surprising, but the first guy didn't even start Viper. He had Hulk/Viper/Someone and I didn't push block. Barely saw his Viper. Second guy I had a decent bout with him, but ultimately I couldn't keep his Dante out forever and never got to start an offense. Good learning experience though, and I'm having tons of fun. GTGE. Might upload the matches later.

I'm sitting in the crowd near the front, brown kid with dark blue shirt.

There doesn't seem to be any brackets up, sorry. The users in the stream chat were complaining about it, too.

I also noticed that someone in the stream said that the Fanatiq/Joker money match was pushed back to 9:30 PM, does anyone know if that's true?
I'm pretty sure the real story is that Fanatiq couldn't make it, so there will be no MM this weekend.

Yes. Lots of hype over that. Big crowds. Unfortunately, from what I hear, only top 4 will be streamed. Which is stupid. Kinda like Power Up all over again: Autumn Games sponsors, gives a stick, everything, and yet still they get the shaft when it comes to streams. Not sure about the validity of that though.

I went 0 - 2. Not surprising, but the first guy didn't even start Viper. He had Hulk/Viper/Someone and I didn't push block. Barely saw his Viper. Second guy I had a decent bout with him, but ultimately I couldn't keep his Dante out forever and never got to start an offense. Good learning experience though, and I'm having tons of fun. GTGE. Might upload the matches later.
That's tough, but I know how it feels. Glad you're having a blast, and I'd love it if you uploaded matches. I'm sure all of Marvel-GAF would be happy to take your fights apart and talk them through with you.

I also noticed that someone in the stream said that the Fanatiq/Joker money match was pushed back to 9:30 PM, is that true?

It's not even happening, Fanatiq isn't even there. In fact he's streaming from his house right now.

I'm pretty sure the real story is that Fanatiq couldn't make it, so there will be no MM this weekend.

It's not even happening, Fanatiq isn't even there. In fact he's streaming from his house right now.
Damnit, I was too slow with my edit, lol
Yeah, I can see him streaming on Teevox on the side. Again, I'm a sucker.

Oh, I actually get a good view of you from time to time!
Looks like you had a frustrating set of matches; but if you got something out of it then it was at least worth something. Take that experience and work with it.

Dartastic

The reason they said they wouldn't stream top 8 for SG is because "it'd take too long" wtf. They're sponsoring your damn tournament.

Autumn Games is sponsoring yet another tournament with a $300 bonus. The winner of the Skullgirls tournament will take him this custom Foe Hammer stick:

7217277042_c5ed72960c.jpg
Sexy ass stick as usual. Foehammer has really good taste and Autumn/Reverge really pick out some nice art for those sticks.
Reverge and Autumn just don't have those 500k deep pockets like Capcom. Maybe it'll have a better reception next year with tournaments. The players sound like they are having a blast with the game. Are there any notable players at the tournament for Skullgirls?
This is kinda cool. It's like we have secret agents at tournaments or something. :p
I wanna see some Skullgirls. :/
Yep, I'm just waiting for tomorrow so that I can watch some good games. A top 4 is really weaksauce though. Skullgirls should be top 8 considering they get no stream time on Saturday and the game runs about as fast as greased lightning.

It is what it is...
The reason they said they wouldn't stream top 8 for SG is because "it'd take too long" wtf. They're sponsoring your damn tournament.
That's bullshit. Every tournament so far has said that Skullgirls runs faster than just about all the other games. Even the folks at WNF said something similar.

As expected Wolfkrone is in winners in AE. I hope he blow everyone one up in top 16 tomorrow.

I'm conflicted, I hate Viper, but Krone is one of my followers on Twitter. Oh woe is me.

EDIT: Wait a minute, he's my only follower lol. Which makes the decision to root for or against him even tougher.

I'm conflicted, I hate Viper, but Krone is one of my followers on Twitter. Oh woe is me.

EDIT: Wait a minute, he's my only follower lol. Which makes the decision to root for or against him even tougher.

I don't have this problem. Viper and Oni are the only entertaining characters in AE to me.

TGMIII

He recently just started following twitter accounts, like 3 of my friends who have never even tweeted him before got followed.

I just got home from day 1, had plans so I left a bit early.

Anyone there that probably saw me I was a big black guy wearing a Free Daffy T-shirt :p

I went 1-2 in AE. Lost against General Luke a good bison player, and a honda player.

Most hyped match I saw was Rikir vs Jago and Air vs Jimmy which was right beside me.

Jimmy had the match so many times but he choked a lot against Air, it was so heartbreaking.

Dieminion lames out Sentinel for thirty seconds.

stream monsters: "sentinel needs a billion health points"

me: "wut"

Sometimes I just don't get stream monsters...

Infinite

And let him get that many more drones out there as an assist? No thank you sir.

wut

I think he needs more health because he has a shit match up against every other other character because he's such a huge target and so easy to open up. Giving him more health with make his situation a lot more fair for him.

Top Bottom