• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Touhou Community Thread | Highly Responsive to Posts

demidar

Kokoro's skirt holes?

289px-Th145Kokoro.png

I was under the impression that they were like noh mask/drama mask faces. I mean it does look weird but I think there's enough justification...?

I really hope Hawaiian shirt Komanu becomes a meme lol

Evilisk

Kokoro's skirt holes?

I was under the impression that they were like noh mask/drama mask faces. I mean it does look weird but I think there's enough justification...?

I really hope Hawaiian shirt Komanu becomes a meme lol

Is that what those are? I guess that actually makes sense! (Didn't realize that's what it was)

I still do think that ZUN's just experimenting with dress design/flourishes though (we are getting Tanned Cirno/ZUN messing around with other skin tones after all). I actually don't mind them on Nemuno all that much

Speaking of Hawaiian shirt Komanu, I stumbled on this from good ol' Setz

Between that Fear and Loathing in Gensokyo video, and that Billy and Mandy episode parodying the film, I think I should probably really watch Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas at some point

Lovin' all the new designs. Cirno's story about taking over the world is fantastic, the way Eternity cheers on her to fight for the rest of fairykind is amazing. I wonder what's happening with Clownpiece and the other Fairies of Light at this time.

shockdude

It's really nice to see Marisa with high-powered focused lasers again, especially when compared to the magic missiles from TD-LoLK.

High-level players have already broken the demo. 700 million points attained in like a day, and the current record is over 1 billion.

Also a Touhou 15.5 tag combo video. Pretty cool, but I can't tell if tagging makes for actual good combo extensions compared to a single-character combo.
I finally understood what bugged me about their designs.

None of them have hats.
lol. Two of them have head accessories though.

shockdude

Do you think Mainline Touhou will ever hit consoles?
Very unlikely imo.
1. ZUN game development philosophy these days is to, well, make games. He's not in it for the money, and he's not really interested in the non-development aspects like distribution, localization, or support.
2. The Touhou game engine is afaik a custom engine built from the ground-up for Windows PCs. I can't imagine that he'd want to write a new game engine when he'd rather just make games.
3. ZUN's busy. He's juggling the main games, the spinoffs, the mangas and books, the music CDs, plus he has two kids.

that and zun will not let anyone but himself work on any aspect of the games. i doubt we will ever see official english versions on pc, let alone console ports.

Adaren

Played through the demo on Normal last night. Some thoughts:

+ The shot system is awesome! I love the customizability.
+ I like the release system. It's nice having an activated mechanic that isn't objectively terrible (looking at you, Ten Desires).
+ The music was good. None of the songs were instant classics, but I'm sure they'll grow on me.
+ The falling petals / leaves were a little busy on some of the stage backgrounds, but once I got used to them I actually kind of appreciated the visual effect that they added.
+ Marisa actually feels powerful for once!

- The game felt like it was on the easy side, at least on Normal. Granted I would much, much rather have a game that's a little easy instead of a LoLK repeat, so it isn't all bad. It felt like the bosses didn't have many Spell Cards though, and that the ones they did have were dying quicker than expected (even as Spring Reimu, who shouldn't have great damage).

Definitely excited for the full release!

microfolk

The demo is amazing 🎉
I'm having so much fun with it, but I'm too lazy to put down my thoughts right now.

Lunatic is very easy but very fun with the exception of a couple of moments (Aunn's second non spell is bonkers), I'll try to get a clear where I don't bomb spam\release spam most of the boss fights. :3c

Shifty

Clicked into this thread having only ever listened to the music and suddenly I'm attempting 1cc runs of Touhou 8.

I've been missing out.

Narroo

So, I played the demo and it's fairly good this time. Granted, I thought the first three levels of Touhou 15 were good, and the 2nd half of that game is terrible and really ruins the game.

So far it seems nice though; there doesn't appear to be any particularly annoying gimmicks or mechanics this time around. No UFOs, no obnoxious life or power-up systems, or anything like that. The 1st three bosses had somewhat bland patterns, but they're still good.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

- The game felt like it was on the easy side, at least on Normal. Granted I would much, much rather have a game that's a little easy instead of a LoLK repeat, so it isn't all bad. It felt like the bosses didn't have many Spell Cards though, and that the ones they did have were dying quicker than expected (even as Spring Reimu, who shouldn't have great damage).
I had the same feeling, but that's not a bad thing after Touhou 15. As long as it doesn't end up like Touhou 13, we'll be fine.

Also, about spell card length: It seems to be really affected by the option-pairings. Try playing as Cirno with Summer options; you're basically taking down bosses with naked shots at that point and several boss spell cards become rather difficult to capture in time. It might be that the spell cards are balanced so they can be cleared by all option combinations, which might be why they seem to go quick.

microfolk

One thing I didn't really like about the demo was how much the second stage is basically a rehash of LoLK's second stage, just much shorter and easier.
Thankfully Sakata is a much better boss than Ringo, even though she's the weakest boss of the whole demo in my opinion. I just hate the Ringo fight as much as I love her as a character.

Evilisk

Highly Responsive to Posts-My Butt. There's a new mainline demo out, and almost no one has any thoughts?

I can't play the demo without it crashing my computer, unfortunately. Even my monitor starts acting all weird for an inconsistent amount of time (and it's pretty inconvenient right now, since I need to use my computer for work, especially at this time of year)

I did already post my thoughts on the characters though.

Narroo

One thing I didn't really like about the demo was how much the second stage is basically a rehash of LoLK's second stage, just much shorter and easier.
Thankfully Sakata is a much better boss than Ringo, even though she's the weakest boss of the whole demo in my opinion. I just hate the Ringo fight as much as I love her as a character.

You know, stage 2 actually reminded me a bit of Mountain of Faith, in thematics at least. Sakata even has an attack called 'Mountain Murder' which is a (highly) gimped version of 'Mountain of Faith.'

I never minded ringo much as a boss, although I haven't even bothered to try 15 above normal mode.

shockdude

Highly Responsive to Posts-My Butt. There's a new mainline demo out, and almost no one has any thoughts?
haha well played.
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the shottype customization is the best part of the demo. Lots of fun.
The release mechanic is pretty broken at the moment, so we'll see what happens when the full game comes out.
I can't play the demo without it crashing my computer, unfortunately. Even my monitor starts acting all weird for an inconsistent amount of time (and it's pretty inconvenient right now, since I need to use my computer for work, especially at this time of year)

I did already post my thoughts on the characters though.
You probably set the game's screen resolution to something your monitor doesn't support.
Normally you'd fix this using custom.exe but HSiFS's custom.exe is glitched. It saves the config file to %appdata%\ShanghaiAlice\th16, but HFiFS expects the config file to be in %appdata%\ShanghaiAlice\th16tr. Just copy the th16.cfg file from \th16 to \th16tr and the game should work.

microfolk

You know, stage 2 actually reminded me a bit of Mountain of Faith, in thematics at least. Sakata even has an attack called 'Mountain Murder' which is a (highly) gimped version of 'Mountain of Faith.'

Oh that's actually a very good comparison, I've always been thinking about Sakuya's Eternal Meek but Mountain of Faith\Virtue of Wind God is much better.
It's probably my favourite spell card in the demo too~

I never minded ringo much as a boss, although I haven't even bothered to try 15 above normal mode.

In Hard and Lunatic she's pretty bullshit I think. Especially her last spellcard.

The cover art for Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons has been revealed!

jvwShSD.jpg

I can make out three silhouettes, one on each side and in the middle. I wonder if that means multiple final bosses, or they're the stage 4 and 5 bosses alongside the final boss?

what if it's mima

shockdude

it ain't Mima.

Someone figured it out anyway. Quoting from cuc on shrinemaiden:
cuc said:
Akiba Hobby's version is larger.

Sorry to rob you of the excitement of speculation, but...

An anonymous Japanese poster just casually googled "god, two people, accompany", and immediately hit on what looks to be the right image.
be8f9ff3gy1fhvg6isbanj20fw07twge.jpg

The characters very neatly fit the description for Matara-jin - I'm linking Japanese wikipedia, because while a number of English pages on him exist, they don't seem to contain the info relevant to identifying the silhouette. You can google the god yourself :D .

This is a mysterious and relatively obscure Buddhist deity, the patron of a Buddhist sect and a Shinto shrine of the Hata clan. He is accompanied by two servants, Teireita and Nishita, both holding sasa (a bamboo shrub) in the left hand, myōga ginger in the right hand. Together, the three symbolize three poisons: greed, hatred, and delusion. The Big Dipper is a part of their image.

This doesn't mean Matara-jin is the final answer on who they are, just he likely is an inspirations for their designs. If you look, you can find lots of opportunities for syncretism with Matara-jin, e.g. with Daikokuten (Shiva, but as one of Japan's Seven Lucky Gods), as the secretary of Yama, and being called "Myojin of Silla", which associates him with Korea. Yeah, his identity feels like whatever random thing his small number of worshipers wanted him to be.

Evilisk

Posting because Touhou 16 should be/is getting released today(?)

Info and pictures of the new characters is already out there, at least

So, as it turns out the final boss's name is
Matara Okina, which fits perfectly with that Matara-jin theory posted above. Especially when you look at the designs of the stage 5 bosses.

More importantly, I hope the music is great. New Touhou tunes are exciting.

Not really feeling the new designs tbh. Okina's basically Junko-Yukari-Koishi while Mai and Satono(?) are fairly bland. Narumi's pretty cute though, I thought she was Vietnamese when I first saw the streams.

demidar

Bland designs happen from time to time *cough*allofUFOexceptNazrin*cough*.

But I'm interested in seeing if the music is good.

BcPXRHr.jpg

I'm moderately mad. Add me to the 'Narumi is the only good new design' club.

Played through normal once and a bit of the extra (up to the boss). Still forming opinions on the music, but there's some pretty decent stuff in the 2nd half. The final boss and EX stage themes are the current standouts.

Music list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-axfRB07Bi4&list=PLl7zlgRAARkVU_jH5m6f-RPNaceqDsmqO&index=8

My opinions:
  • Stage 4: Doesn't get good till the middle bit. Really cinematic, ie it works really well in gameplay, but hearing it on its own feels a bit lacking.
  • 4 Boss:I like the quiet(er) piano part early on, but otherwise a bit generic for me. A nice theme overall though.
  • Stage 5: Wow, didn't expect the techno at all. The part starting from the 1st minute mark is catchy as hell. And the light choir bit perfectly escalates the theme while bringing it to an end. Good stuff.
  • 5 Boss: Why oh why do I think of a circus when I listen to this @_@. Doesn't loop well.
  • Stage 6: Very unique, but a bit dull.
  • 6 Boss: Great intro, but a generic sounding bit. Unlike say the melancholic nature of Pure Furies or the heroic triumph (or defeat) of Shining Needle of the Inchling, I don't get anything out of the song that tells me about Okina's character. A nice song, but generic (It does remind one of Necrofantasia though, which is really clever, but I personally hate Necrofantasia, so no points for you, Discount Yukari.). Although, this doesn't matter too much because...
  • Stage Extra: It does sound like 5 Boss, but with higher stakes. Generic as hell.
  • Extra Boss:...this theme's pretty great. Has the same grandiose of Shining Needle of the Inchling, whilst being very cinematic as well. She's no longer discount Yukari with this! (she's still discount Junko though).

Eeh, not much of a fan of 16's outings. Standouts for me are still 1Boss, 3Stage, 5Stage and Extra Boss.

Also I don't know when this started (I think 15?) but I like how the stage themes become quieter when the midbosses appear to trash talk you. Nice touch.

Someone had the same idea as you did!

sqN9uAK.png

shockdude

I like the Stage 6 boss's final spellcard.

Opinion, not really a spoiler:
It's hilariously obnoxious.

Actually a spoiler:
She steals your season items and uses them against you. She also drops your power to 0.00. Good luck.

Evilisk

I haven't listened to all the themes yet, but I am digging the later themes. They're reminding me of TD's soundtrack, but actually good (lol)

Personally, I am very interested in how the new characters go over in fanworks. Aside from Matari being a rather big deal, it's interesting that ZUN designed the first four characters to have strong ties to each of the main characters. It's going to be interesting to see how fanworks treat these characters.

I do want to say though, I am not sure about ZUN's decision to have the two dancers. While it's probably part of the inspiration, I'm just thinking of how the Tsukumos from TH14 were received. Maybe they won't get it as bad seeing as 1) they're tied to an actually important character (rather than EX boss); 2) there's no species saturation like with Kokoro and Kogasa being previously introduced; and 3) they don't have an overlapping shtick (like the Tsukumos with the Prismrivers). But we'll see.

Bland designs happen from time to time *cough*allofUFOexceptNazrin*cough*.

I used to have this opinion but I actually like UFO's designs now.

Nazrin, Kogasa and Nue are pretty great. Byakuren's design is pretty interesting when you factor in Miko. And Shou is actually really cool. It is just that ZUN's rendering of her design is absolutely awful, even for Zun standards.

Murasa and Ichirin definitely but at least Ichirin did get a cool redesign. Murasa is just anachronistic and nonsensical.

BcPXRHr.jpg

I'm moderately mad.

While Zun's official statement of "PC98 is basically canon, except in situations where it's overrided by newer canon", I don't know why you would actually expect ZUN to bring back any of these characters.

Back during the early Windows era (Touhou 6-9), there were less than four titles of new continuity ZUN could work from (hell, it'd be one title if you consider ZUN's POV while developing PCB). I could fully understand ZUN's position on drawing from the PC98 titles at that time. Now, however, there are 11+ main titles in this new continuity with several spinoffs, printworks and manga.

ZUN just doesn't need to draw on the PC98 era anymore. For comparison, the last four mainline games (TH13 to now) had

-Reisen, Aya and Cirno graduating to proper main characters (6-7 games after their first playable appearances in POFV).
-Sakuya and Youmu returning after several games of inaction (also had no other appearances since 9, hadn't been main character since 8)
-Compare to Alice returning after 2 games, and Yuuka returning after 4/5 games (in a Phantasmagoria title)
-We also had various returning bosses midbosses from all types of games. Like Kogasa and Nue immediately having second appearances; Lily White and Yuyuko returning as midboss/boss after a long absence, etc.

Tbh, I just don't expect ZUN to bring any characters back. Even though it'd be as easy as dropping in a character and not explaining anything (like in Alice and Yuuka's case) I get the feeling ZUN doesn't want to do that. Especially now that Touhou is (relatively) more continuity heavy.

I do want to say though, I am not sure about ZUN's decision to have the two dancers. While it's probably part of the inspiration, I'm just thinking of how the Tsukumos from TH14 were received. Maybe they won't get it as bad seeing as 1) they're tied to an actually important character (rather than EX boss); 2) there's no species saturation like with Kokoro and Kogasa being previously introduced; and 3) they don't have an overlapping shtick (like the Tsukumos with the Prismrivers). But we'll see..

I like your optimism, but it's almost certain they'll be forgotten by the fanbase in a month or so. Bland designs (almost ZUN teaches drawing levels), twin bosses (sisters or not, that's a death sentence in terms of popularity), and the overlapping shtick you mentioned is still there and it's "loyal servant of Stage 6 boss" which was really only not the case in SA and DDC.

Also their names are hard to remember. Difficult kanji. Whereas Narumi's fine and rolls off the tongue.

So far on Pixiv, the dancers have the least art.

Oh and I'd like to mention that I never noticed the connection between Miko's and Byakuren's designs having upside-down colors. That's real neat.

shockdude

I actually doubt that Satono and Mai will be forgotten. They'll be fine.
1. They are stage 5 bosses. Literally every Stage 5 boss since EoSD has been memorable in some way.
2. They have defined personalities and a flexible backstory.
3. They are part of a faction and have direct relationships with the Stage 6 boss. Just as Tojiko survived by being part of the Taoism crew, the dancers will survive as part of the Backdoor crew.

Did a Normal 1CC with Marisa-Fall. It's really nice to have a game where Marisa is good again.
The Extra Stage seems really annoying with anyone not Reimu, though, so I might 1CC the game again with her.

Evilisk

I like your optimism, but it's almost certain they'll be forgotten by the fanbase in a month or so. Bland designs (almost ZUN teaches drawing levels), twin bosses (sisters or not, that's a death sentence in terms of popularity), and the overlapping shtick you mentioned is still there and it's "loyal servant of Stage 6 boss" which was really only not the case in SA and DDC.

Also their names are hard to remember. Difficult kanji. Whereas Narumi's fine and rolls off the tongue.

So far on Pixiv, the dancers have the least art.

I actually forgot about the "Stage 5 servant" type that ZUN is so fond of

Has there ever actually been an unpopular character of that type? I'm struggling to think of any. Futo, Shou and Orin might be the least notable, but I wouldn't say any of those characters are unpopular at all.

3. They are part of a faction and have direct relationships with the Stage 6 boss. Just as Tojiko survived by being part of the Taoism crew, the dancers will survive as part of the Backdoor crew.

Yeah, I think this is what's ultimately going to help them. The Tsukumo's were stuck with a mostly unrelated EX Boss. The Backdoor Dancers are Stage 5 Servants and not only that, they also have a secondary/tertiary connection to Yukari.

Whereas Narumi's fine and rolls off the tongue.

On the topic of Narumi, I think she's gonna be really popular. Her cute (as hell) design has already been mentioned. Her backstory/species has some potential. I also think her living the Forest of Magic really helps her out. Marisa and Alice has been popular for a really long time, and they've mostly been contained in their own bubble (unlike the Hakurei Shrine which has been explored so fully at this point with Yukari/Suika/Sukuna/Fairies of Light/Kasen etc.)

I don't expect her to appear in all works featuring Alice/Marisa/Both (and if she did, it would probably only be a temporary trend) but I do think compared to the other non-story important newcomers who are filling up already crowded environments (Eternity and other Team 9 level Youkai; Nemuno with the Youkai Mountain; Aunn and the Shrine), I think there's a lot more potential and freedom for the character.

ibyea

Banned
Tried to play Touhou 16 on normal, and met my ignominious demise at stage 5. The difficulty curve of this game is really weird. The first three stages are really easy while the latter half is very difficult. Stage 5 is absolutely ridiculous if you don't use the release. Unfortunately I didn't get well acquainted with the mechanic, so I screwed myself over on that one. One other thing I want to mention is that I think the bullet patterns are pretty disappointing. So far, stage 3 is the only one that really stands out in terms of both the boss battle and the music.

Music wise, I think this is the most disappointing entry since Touhou 9.

How dare you insinuate "Fate of Sixty Years" is disappointing.

Otherwise I'd agree, only a handful of themes this round is memorable. The final boss theme just isn't cutting it for me.

Evilisk

Had to borrow someone else's laptop (game still freezes/crashes? my normal computer) but I've finally given the game a go

So far I've just been playing Aya/Marisa. I've mostly just been "strategically bombing" everything (mostly because I want to get all Stages unlocked for Practice ASAP). I've already gotten used to Stage 1 and 2 (I just need to figure out how that yellow slash spellcard for Nemuno works. Beyond that, I just need to practice for the spellcards).

-I thought finally having Marisa with homing capabilities would be the best thing ever, but it's not as great as I thought. The Spring/Reimu homing sub shot seems too weak to be useful.

-I have no idea what I'm doing with these Releases. I thought I'd use Summer and abuse it like an extra deathbomb but that hasn't been working too well (I want to say I'm not used to pressing C, so I might be doing it too slow, but I'm not so sure). So I've just been doing the default for the time being

-I like the new Stage tracks (I really love me some piano). Backdoor Dancers also have a ridiculously addictive theme (for me at least). The Stage 6 theme is damn cool, and it's what TD's soundtrack should have been like imo

-ZUN why did you put a curving laser pattern for a Stage 3 Boss WHY

Otherwise I'd agree, only a handful of themes this round is memorable. The final boss theme just isn't cutting it for me.

I wasn't around when Touhou 9 first released but I also think it's kinda weak. I actually really like themes for the newcomers in POFV, but a lot of the returning character themes were kinda lame (for me), with some exceptions

I haven't gotten to all the tracks in the TH16 but I'm kinda digging it so far. (Though I also thought TD had a decent soundtrack so...)

EDIT: I think I seriously hate this Stage 4. It's like some annoying mix of MOF + DDC's Stage 4. I really hate that the fairies can get behind you.

Also I am glad you don't have to complete ALL of the stages to unlock it in practice. I forgot newer games do this, since I've been playing PCB recently.

FoxSpirit

for the sake of contributing, I'm here to bring you all news of the new characters in Touhou 16: Hidden Star in Four Seasons!

1) Etanity Larva

She's a butterfly youkai and the boss of the first stage, apparently she's a fairy like Cirno. I believe her title translates to "Butterfly Fairy near the shrine", though this may be incorrect so feel free to bring more correct translations as they come.

2) Sakata Nemuno

She's a mountain hag youkai, the boss of the second stage. These types of youkais have reached an agreement with the tengu to live isolated, and as such they do not interact with the world outside their home much at all. Get a load of that big knife.

3) Komano Aunn

A youkai seemingly based on the Chinese guardian lion, the boss of the third stage. She is very cute holy moly look at how cute she is that pose is so cute and I love her and

Now I shall link to some gameplay! Here's a run of the trial on Lunatic with Cirno, if you want to watch.

I look forward to more news for both upcoming games, and I hope you all bear with me here if I didn't provide much info on the new characters, I'm just stating what I know at the time of typing this. Feel free to check the r/touhou subreddit on Reddit, as well as various other imageboards and forums for more information if you'd like.

And yes, her name is spelled "Etanity" without an 'r'.
Why Zun? So many many years but your art.... ugh.
Also, have we at least moved to HD yet or still 480p? It's 2017.

shockdude

Music this time around reminds me a lot of the recent Music CDs. The fast melodies coupled with the instrumentation and mixing makes it all feel like background noise.
Imo just making the lead instruments stronger/louder would improve the OST a lot.
While its true their backstory is a cut above "I used to be a koto", their personalities can be reduced to "Quiet reserved girl and Boistrous louder girl" as with every other dual boss in the series.
hey at least it's better than waiting for a popular doujin to define a personality for them.
Had to borrow someone else's laptop (game still freezes/crashes? my normal computer) but I've finally given the game a go

So far I've just been playing Aya/Marisa. I've mostly just been "strategically bombing" everything (mostly because I want to get all Stages unlocked for Practice ASAP). I've already gotten used to Stage 1 and 2 (I just need to figure out how that yellow slash spellcard for Nemuno works. Beyond that, I just need to practice for the spellcards).

-I have no idea what I'm doing with these Releases. I thought I'd use Summer and abuse it like an extra deathbomb but that hasn't been working too well (I want to say I'm not used to pressing C, so I might be doing it too slow, but I'm not so sure). So I've just been doing the default for the time being
The game crashes if your computer can't support the 1280x960 resolution. Have you tried opening custom.exe and dropping the resolution to 960x720 or 640x480?
Using Release as a bomb isn't a good strategy imo. Best strategy is to release to clear tons of bullets, which increases your PIV, leading to higher scores and more lives gained.
Why Zun? So many many years but your art.... ugh.
Also, have we at least moved to HD yet or still 480p? It's 2017.
The art's actually been pretty decent in the last few games, but those ZUNfaces are never gonna change lol.
Since Touhou 14 in 2013, the UI is HD (960p), but the gameplay itself is still 480p. It looks better in motion.

ibyea

Banned

I happen to think Fate of Sixty Years is the best track in Touhou 9, and it's really good!

Evilisk

Music this time around reminds me a lot of the recent Music CDs. The fast melodies coupled with the instrumentation and mixing makes it all feel like background noise.
Imo just making the lead instruments stronger/louder would improve the OST a lot.

hey at least it's better than waiting for a popular doujin to define a personality for them.

The game crashes if your computer can't support the 1280x960 resolution. Have you tried opening custom.exe and dropping the resolution to 960x720 or 640x480?
Using Release as a bomb isn't a good strategy imo. Best strategy is to release to clear tons of bullets, which increases your PIV, leading to higher scores and more lives gained.

Oh that's not the issue. I actually ran into that resolution error when I was playing on the laptop though (I was able to look up why that was happening easily enough)

No the game is able to run on my normal computer. Problem is that after a few minutes of playing, my computer ends up crashing (well, more like it forcibly goes into what seems to be standby mode). I don't know why that's happening, but I assume it's related to the fact that my normal computer is running in XP still

I'll try to use releases more rather than as extra bombs if that works better.

shockdude

No the game is able to run on my normal computer. Problem is that after a few minutes of playing, my computer ends up crashing (well, more like it forcibly goes into what seems to be standby mode). I don't know why that's happening, but I assume it's related to the fact that my normal computer is running in XP still
That sounds like Windows going to sleep from "inactivity" due to no mouse/keyboard input. Do you use a controller to play Touhou? Does the computer still sleep when you use keyboard?
Changing the power settings so that Windows doesn't sleep isn't too difficult to do.

Top Bottom