• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Touhou Community Thread | Highly Responsive to Posts

Guys please, I know the touhou community here is small but the thread shouldn't be left this dormant. :(

I know, here's something to revive it. How about the announcement of the 15.5th Touhou Project game? Antinomy of Common Flowers is another TasoFro fighter that should follow in the footsteps of HM and ULiL in terms of gameplay, and the story itself takes place after the ULiL PS4 extra episode.

A strange phenomenon called "Perfect Possession" is taking place. A phenomenon where one is taken over by a completely different person, not only in mind, but also in body. But have no worry: Reimu is already on her way to investigate the cause behind its occurrence.

"The strongest duo have joined forces."
"Something bad may be in store for us humans."
"An opponent impossible to defeat by anybody alone?"

Ludicrous rumors are circulating, seemingly out of the fear in human villagers' hearts.

The so-called "Urban Legend Incidents", yet to be resolved, have bestowed unsubstantiatable rumors with a tendency to manifest in concrete forms. And this time, the Perfect Possession is obviously yet another Urban Legend Incident.

This story is about those who keep watch on Perfect Possession, those who exploit it, those unwittingly dragged into it, and those working to expose the threat behind it...
Those who have made the mistake of seeing themselves as the strongest duo. This is a bittersweet story about them.

I wonder what to expect from this new entry. Playable Yuuka? Eiki intervenes? Yukari fooling around again? Could the last three games have been the culmination of a Moriya Shrine conspiracy? Will Sumireko have her chance to shine? (probably not lol)

shockdude

I've heard speculation that "duo", characters that get "taken over" by other characters --> tag-team fighter. And a tag-team touhou fighter sounds awesome, if done well.

Evilisk

Guys please, I know the touhou community here is small but the thread shouldn't be left this dormant. :(

I'm not too surprised at how inactive this thread's been, just because we've known that ZUN wouldn't be releasing any (fully) new games this year.

Anyway, on the new game, I'm pretty surprised that it's being announced this quickly when we just had ULiL for PS4. I don't really know what to make of that info so far. That info is a bit cryptic and I also haven't played that extra Story in ULiL PS4, so I'm not entirely sure what's happening there.

The "strongest duo" stuff certainly is interesting though. Cirno and the Toyohime sisters initially came to mind but those are unlikely. I think characters that have had a past history could be something to look for. I personally wouldn't look into that line too much though, considering that the last tease just ended up being Reisen.

Personally, I just hope they don't add any intrusive systems (like the Occult Balls or Weather) for this game.
Also please add Seiga

EDIT:
I've heard speculation that "duo", characters that get "taken over" by other characters --> tag-team fighter. And a tag-team touhou fighter sounds awesome, if done well.
That makes sense.
There's also that line "an opponent impossible to defeat by anybody alone"

shaowebb

Senko no Ronde Duo is the end game perfection of bullethell for events. Game is magic.

demidar

Mahvel Infinite getting everyone hype for tag team battles.
I already miss assists.

Just you wait, Mima is gonna take over Marisa. Mima will come back you guys!

Also that full body possession sounds terrifying and creepy.

http://toho-vote.info/form/

13th THWiki popularity contest is open. Same rules as last year, except there's a new category open for favourite pairings/partners. It's supposed to be in commemoration of AoCF (15.5) and the tag-team fighting talk. Reading around, some people are voting for who they'd most want to see as tag-teams, others are just going for shipping.

Characters - 7 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Music - 10 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Games/Works - 5 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Partners - 5 choices (2 characters per choice). 1st choice gets 2 points.
Questionnaire - Same as usual.

My votes'll likely be similar to last year's, but the pairings are gonna take some thought. Basing it on who I'd most like to see in 15.5.

Evilisk

http://toho-vote.info/form/

13th THWiki popularity contest is open. Same rules as last year, except there's a new category open for favourite pairings/partners. It's supposed to be in commemoration of AoCF (15.5) and the tag-team fighting talk. Reading around, some people are voting for who they'd most want to see as tag-teams, others are just going for shipping.

Characters - 7 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Music - 10 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Games/Works - 5 choices. 1st choice gets 2 points.
Partners - 5 choices (2 characters per choice). 1st choice gets 2 points.
Questionnaire - Same as usual.

My votes'll likely be similar to last year's, but the pairings are gonna take some thought. Basing it on who I'd most like to see in 15.5.

Yeah no I don't believe the new option is for 15.5 at all, it's just for shippers lol

I really wish I remember what I voted last time. My picks are about exactly the same (since no new games means my character/musical picks haven't changed at all).

I think picking partners will be fun though. I don't ship at all (like, ever) so it'll mostly just be team ideas (main one being Seiga/Kasen. And that's actually likely if the entire cast from 14.5 is indeed returning for 15.5)

My votes for the old categories ended up being the exact same as last year. When doing the partners/tag teams I realised I prefer pairs with an established history over crack pairings:

DPj69wy.png

1. Mai / Yuki
2. Hecatia / Junko
3. Satori / Koishi
4. Seija / Shinmyoumaru
5. Nue / Byakuren

I had Alice / Shinki in there for a while until my brain finally rejected it.

Yeah no I don't believe the new option is for 15.5 at all, it's just for shippers lol

I really wish I remember what I voted last time. My picks are about exactly the same (since no new games means my character/musical picks haven't changed at all).

I think picking partners will be fun though. I don't ship at all (like, ever) so it'll mostly just be team ideas (main one being Seiga/Kasen. And that's actually likely if the entire cast from 14.5 is indeed returning for 15.5)
Yeah, the page where it's mentioned (top bullet point) just says it's to celebrate 15.5 so it's pretty ambiguous. Not really into Touhou shipping either so I went for team ideas as well.

Zweizer

Banned
HRtP's tracks got more votes from me than every other game combined.

I might have a problem...

I still find it to be ZUN's greatest soundtrack. Fight me.

I like the pairings option though, even if likely nothing will come out of it.

1. Meiling/Sakuya
2. Mima/Shinki
3. Yukari/Yuyuko
4. Renko/Maribel
5. Satori/Koishi

My votes for the old categories ended up being the exact same as last year. When doing the partners/tag teams I realised I prefer pairs with an established history over crack pairings:

DPj69wy.png

1. Mai / Yuki

Huh, now that's a pair I wasn't expecting to see.

I respect your opinion on HRtP's soundtrack, but I just re-listened to it and I'd strongly suggest crowdfunding an ear transplant. Also I know that's an unusual pick but I have a soft spot for Mai and her healthy views on teamwork. Renko/Maribel was my #7/8 choice.

Zweizer

Banned
I respect your opinion on HRtP's soundtrack, but I just re-listened to it and I'd strongly suggest crowdfunding an ear transplant. Also I know that's an unusual pick but I have a soft spot for Mai and her healthy views on teamwork. Renko/Maribel was my #7/8 choice.

Ouch, harsh.

I quite like the Mai/Yuki pairing myself, though it's mainly due to Alstroemeria Records' Real Intension. Too bad they get so little attention, even among the PC-98 enthusiasts.

demidar

I'm currently in Japan right now and all the anime stores have fresh Comiket 91 merchandise. I've picked up a few official games (since it's cheaper and I don't have to pay for shipping) and the Double Focus Aya/Momiji fangame myself. Also snagged both volumes of Miko Miko Suika as well as a bevy of other random doujins and albums.

Why are music CDs so expensive? An album from one of the more well known circles runs up to 1,400 yen.

Evilisk

Yeah, the page where it's mentioned (top bullet point) just says it's to celebrate 15.5 so it's pretty ambiguous.

Like I really doubt ZUN is gonna be choosing teams for the game (if they are a thing) from the poll, so I really just see it as an excuse for a shipping vote

I mean, you've got Tewi as avatar...

Disclaimer: I really like Tewi as a character, but she's a trash bag of horribleness and that's why she's great

I also like Tewi for that reason

Picking Koishi just so Reimu can't win.

I'm about 90% sure Koishi was just a flavor of the month pick (since ULiL was so close to the popularity poll she came first in)

Speaking of FotM, I wonder if Sagume will be ranking so high again. Thinking about it, it's so weird to see a Lunarian character so high (though I think I can understand why she's so popular).

Evilisk

My Picks (I was waiting until someone posted so it wouldn't be double posting)

Character Picks:

(Same as before but Yumemi's replaced Ringo. Also the ordering of characters past Miko was different. I think. I don't remember the order I placed them in last time...)

I still like Ringo but eh. I figured a PC98 character deserved it more. It was either Yumemi or Elly, and I really like PoDD so I went with Yumemi

Musical Picks

1. Capital City of Flowers in the Sky
2. Cinderella Cage
3. Faith is for the Transient People
4. Eternal Spring Dream
5. Wind God Girl (Short version)
6. "Jelassi with Green Eyes"
7. Emotional Skyscraper
8. Let's All Live In A Lovely Cemetery
9. Pristine Beat ~ Primordial Beat
10. Locked Girl

I was a lot more balanced with these (less picking from one game only). Runner ups include: Deaf to All But the Song, Song of the Night Sparrow, Love Colored Master Spark, Candid Friend and so on

Teams for 15.5

1. Seiga / Kasen
This is what I'm hoping for. It helps that Kasen is already in the game (it's more likely than expecting both Yoshika and Seiga in the game). Gimme team Wild and Wicked Hermits

2. Yuuka / Elly
It'll never happen but I'd love to see the return of the Dream (Land) Team. They're both characters I'd really like to see in a fighting game (especially Elly. I want her to throw parts of the stage at other characters)

3. Tewi / Ringo
There's no basis for this in canon but I'd like to see a Clever Rabbit team (we all know Tewi. Ringo is also kinda clever, and her occupation is as an information officer)

4. Yoshika / Kogasa
Personally, this is more throwing those two characters a bone (since I like both but neither got a character vote from me). It could be funny though. It'd be easy enough writing up an excuse (maybe Seiga trolling Kogasa by having Yoshika follow her around)

5. Seiga / Seija
Basically another crack team up/pairing. I just like the idea of dual villains and I like their similar names (I wish someone would do something with them pairing up in fanworks, even just a temporary team up)

Evilisk

Haha of course the top team is Reimu and Marisa

Anyway Renko/Maribel being number two is impressive. I thought for sure it'd get overtaken by Alice/Marisa and all sorts of SDM ships

Of course Koishi fails to take no. 1 again, though I do have to give props for consistently being top 3. I do think she'll get the chance to snatch the crown again though, especially if she's appearing in 15.5 again (and 15.5's release is very close to the next poll/next few polls).

There don't seem to be any interesting/noteworthy results in the top 20, other than Sagume dropping 7 places (which I guess confirmed her as last poll's FotM pick). I'm glad to see Seiga jumped up a few places at least.

Evilisk

Posting because I recently played this Touhou fangame on Android which I found because I was getting Gunbird 2 for my phone, then noticed a few knockoff games with Touhou's bullet graphics and decided to see what was for Touhou on the Google Play Store. Aside from several games with stolen graphics, there's also a few weird apps. I also noticed Touhoumon on there, but I have no idea if that's bootleg or official.

As for the shooter I mentioned, it's not particularly good. You get your choice of Reimu, Marisa and Satori, with Satori playing as a weird love child of Yukari and Patchouli's shottypes (unfocused is one of Patchy's elemental formations from SA, while focus is Yukari's focus shot from IN). The tracks are just covers of actual Touhou themes, the game lifts a lot of spellcards from the official games and the balance is also borked (you got PCB Youmu Spellcards on Stage 4, and then TD Kyouko Spellcards on Stage 5).

That said, I wasn't expecting to be good, and I mostly got it to feel out what playing Touhou on phone would feel like.

I think it's fun at times (using touch controls to dodge) though I think the implementation here is really poor. You can use the middle screen to move your character exactly as on screen, though you also have a small dedicated area for up down left and right on the left side of the screen (which is represented with a rotatable yin yang orb). As for focus/shift and bombing, those are both individual buttons on the right side of the screen.

I played it on Normal (I should mention there are proper difficulty settings and also an Extra, though I never unlocked that) but I constantly found myself accidentally dying because of botched inputs (and I have pretty small hands too). The main issue is the main middle screen being very close to your manual controls (as an example, if I moved my finger too close to the bottom left, it'd started to read my touch inputs as "move right" on the manual controls). I also feel that focusing is very awkward (I go from using my right finger to move, to using both hands at once, right for focus and left for moving).

What's interesting is that it seems possible to tinker with the settings, like how manual control works among other things, though since the game is in Japanese (except for the menus) I didn't really play around with the settings.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it seriously (Gunbird 2 has been a lot more fun imo, as far as shmup on a smartphone goes, and there are far better fan shooters like Fantastic Danmaku Festival, or Riverbed Soul Saver) but considering it's free and it's only 70MB, I think it might be worth checking out just for the novelty (or if you're a Satori fan. Unless there's already a fan shooter with her playable, I'm not sure if there already is)

shockdude

Yeah there are a bunch of Touhou fangames/knockoffs on Android. I've tried bakaSTG and th1danmaku and they're ok boss rush games.
My favorite mobile bullet hell is Danmaku Death. Smooth gameplay, quality boss fights, global replays and leaderboards, and more. It's not a Touhou shmup, but it has references to Touhou and other shmups.

Evilisk

Yeah there are a bunch of Touhou fangames/knockoffs on Android. I've tried bakaSTG and th1danmaku and they're ok boss rush games.
My favorite mobile bullet hell is Danmaku Death. Smooth gameplay, quality boss fights, global replays and leaderboards, and more. It's not a Touhou shmup, but it has references to Touhou and other shmups.

Danmaku Death is actually the game that prompted me to search Touhou on the Google Play store lol

And yeah I'm fully aware of there being many, many knockoffs of different games. I already found that out from all of the Chinese beat em up's that have stolen graphics from SNK fighters lol. I mostly just mentioned that game since it seems to be an actual fan game rather than a knockoff (albeit, it's a really poorly executed fangame)

I finally decided to download Danmaku Death (Gunbird 2 is okay but eesh on the F2P elements) and yeah this is pretty damn fun. I wasn't expecting to see a straight up Marisa Yukkuri with a Love Colored Master Spark remix (though I should have expected that since they you can explicitly choose Reimu as the player graphic in the game). Also some of the music is pretty kickass, like this track.

demidar

I've been waiting for ages for quesQ's Satori figure to come out. Far as I know it's still in development:

How's quesQ's build quality?

I know that Griffin Enterprises makes a lot of Touhou figures, but the quality seems kinda... bad. Always been gunshy to buy one of them, which is why I opted for a Nendo.

How's quesQ's build quality?

I know that Griffin Enterprises makes a lot of Touhou figures, but the quality seems kinda... bad. Always been gunshy to buy one of them, which is why I opted for a Nendo.
From what I've read, they're generally considered to be good, if a little hit or miss sometimes. Some of the other recent Touhou figures on their website look pretty respectable.

I had similar concerns about Griffon figures which is why I've been holding out for this one.

demidar

From what I've read, they're generally considered to be good, if a little hit or miss sometimes. Some of the other recent Touhou figures on their website look pretty respectable.

I had similar concerns about Griffon figures which is why I've been holding out for this one.

Yeah that Touhouvania Remi is super sick, if I happen upon one when walking around next time I might just buy it.

Also saw a Nendo Remi and I regret not buying it, though it might've been pre-owned goods.

Crayolan

Was reminded that this thread existed since the last Touhou game I played, so I guess I'll post this here:
6PWkvAG.png

1cc'd PCB. For reference, it's my 2nd Touhou game--last month I played EoSD, 1cc'd it and beat the Extra stage.

Did it surprisingly quickly (I think I only started playing on Tuesday?), though that might just be because Sakuya is OP as fuck. Homing+tons of bombs to spam made Youmu and Yuyuko way easier.

Extra stage next.

shockdude

Was reminded that this thread existed since the last Touhou game I played, so I guess I'll post this here:
6PWkvAG.png

1cc'd PCB. For reference, it's my 2nd Touhou game--last month I played EoSD, 1cc'd it and beat the Extra stage.

Did it surprisingly quickly (I think I only started playing on Tuesday?), though that might just be because Sakuya is OP as fuck. Homing+tons of bombs to spam made Youmu and Yuyuko way easier.

Extra stage next.
SakuyaA is OP, but that's ok. After all, SakuyaB is even more OP.

Congrats on the 1CC, and good luck on the Extra clear!

dadjumper

I just got into the touhou games properly this week, and now I wish this thread was more active!
I downloaded and played a few of them about a year ago when I got way into Cave shmups, but didn't give them much time. This week, however, I hooked up my arcade stick and decided to have a fair crack at them, mostly 6 and 7, and I'm having a blast. They're so much fun, even if I can't beat any of them on normal yet. Closest I can get is stage 5 in both 6 and 7. I started with Reimu initially but have come to like Marisa a lot for how quickly she can take out enemies and how fast you can weave in and out of danger.
My girlfriend also gave a few of them a try and is liking them too, which I'm pretty stoked about.

I also got a friend of mine to draw me this cool reimu avatar

demidar

It's nice to have some new blood here. It was starting to feel like everyone abandoned this place.

>_>

I know what you mean about Touhou 6. Reimu just feels way too slow which is why I started playing Marisa more. Thankfully Zun increased her movement speed in later games so she doesn't feel like molasses anymore.

MKIL65

They all went ピチューン

I tried to 1CC Mountain of Faith on Normal almost a year ago. But Kanako's final spellcard decided to tell me to fuck off.

So I did, and I never played another danmaku game again. And that's why I don't partake in official Touhou game discussions.

Evilisk

It's nice to have some new blood here. It was starting to feel like everyone abandoned this place.

>_>

I know what you mean about Touhou 6. Reimu just feels way too slow which is why I started playing Marisa more. Thankfully Zun increased her movement speed in later games so she doesn't feel like molasses anymore.

Don't look at me, I'm pretty sure I had the most amount of posts in this thread through all of 2016 :/
I should probably get back to trying to clear PCB though

I just got into the touhou games properly this week, and now I wish this thread was more active!
I downloaded and played a few of them about a year ago when I got way into Cave shmups, but didn't give them much time. This week, however, I hooked up my arcade stick and decided to have a fair crack at them, mostly 6 and 7, and I'm having a blast. They're so much fun, even if I can't beat any of them on normal yet. Closest I can get is stage 5 in both 6 and 7. I started with Reimu initially but have come to like Marisa a lot for how quickly she can take out enemies and how fast you can weave in and out of danger.
My girlfriend also gave a few of them a try and is liking them too, which I'm pretty stoked about.

As someone that cleared EoSD only last year (still working on PCB though) I would recommend learning the stage portions of Stage 4 and 5. They're a lot more manageable once you learn how they work and perfecting those parts will leave you with more resources for the bosses.

Also score. You get extra lives when you reach certain scores. So doing simple things like ending a phase when there are lots of bullets on screen (rather than when the screen is empty) or moving to the top of the screen while you're bombing (so collected items give you more score) can help out in the long run

Crayolan

Beat PCB Extra!
kYUwsPt.png

qAI8MmW.png

Unlike EoSD I actually figured this one out by myself. Back then I used videos to help me figure out the patterns but now I'm a little more confident in Touhou ability and went in blind. It's a tiny thing but it's cool for me. :p

PCB's extra stage was way more forgiving than EoSD's, but I liked that cause it meant I didn't get tilted due to the stage that much and got to spend most of my time fighting the actual boss. Having probably 50% of all my attempts end before Patchouli in EoSD was infuriating.

As for Ran herself, she had some pretty dang cool patterns, most of which looked much scarier than they actually were. Fuck Princess Tenko though.

Unlike the main game being Sakuya didn't help much vs Ran cause all of her spellcards require a lot of bombs to cheese and even in her nonspells she barely takes any damage from bombs. Homing didn't really matter since she doesn't move much anyway. Guess it's only fair that I get it hard here after getting it easy on the 1cc.

So I'd like to pretend that I'm done with PCB but I've been spoiled about a certain "Phantasm" stage. I thought beating Ran would unlock it but I don't see it anywhere. Can someone tell me how to play it?

shockdude

Keep playing around with shottypes. In general, Marisa is high-risk high-reward, while Reimu is more balanced.
Do you know about the Point-of-Collection? At full power, move to the top of the screen to collect all point and power-items on the screen. This is especially fun with Marisa since you're constantly tempted to make crazy mad dashes for the PoC without getting hit.
Nice avatar as well.
Beat PCB Extra!
kYUwsPt.png

qAI8MmW.png

Unlike EoSD I actually figured this one out by myself. Back then I used videos to help me figure out the patterns but now I'm a little more confident in Touhou ability and went in blind. It's a tiny thing but it's cool for me. :p

PCB's extra stage was way more forgiving than EoSD's, but I liked that cause it meant I didn't get tilted due to the stage that much and got to spend most of my time fighting the actual boss. Having probably 50% of all my attempts end before Patchouli in EoSD was infuriating.

As for Ran herself, she had some pretty dang cool patterns, most of which looked much scarier than they actually were. Fuck Princess Tenko though.

Unlike the main game being Sakuya didn't help much vs Ran cause all of her spellcards require a lot of bombs to cheese and even in her nonspells she barely takes any damage from bombs. Homing didn't really matter since she doesn't move much anyway. Guess it's only fair that I get it hard here after getting it easy on the 1cc.

So I'd like to pretend that I'm done with PCB but I've been spoiled about a certain "Phantasm" stage. I thought beating Ran would unlock it but I don't see it anywhere. Can someone tell me how to play it?
That was really fast, wow. Have you played other shmups before?
As for unlocking Phantasm, you need to
capture 60 unique spellcards across all difficulties. You can check the number of captured spellcards in the Result menu

Crayolan

That was really fast, wow. Have you played other shmups before?
As for unlocking Phantasm, you need to
capture 60 unique spellcards across all difficulties. You can check the number of captured spellcards in the Result menu

Thanks. Touhou is first serious shmup series I've played. Apparently it's on the easier side of the spectrum so I guess it makes a good introduction to the genre.

That unlock condition is pretty random, but whatever, it's doable. I was worried I'd have to 1cc hard or something else out of my league. Now to see if I can unlock and beat the stage before Zelda releases.

Crayolan

efxWXNQ.png
70D7hgx.png

And with that, I'm done with PCB.

Yukari didn't take as long as I expected, partially cause a lot of the muscle memory from Ran transferred over, but also cause a lot of Phantasm spell cards were actually easier than their Extra equivalents. I managed to make it as far Double Death Butterfly pretty quickly thinking the stage was easier as a whole but from there on it became way more difficult to make any progress. Yukari's spellcards in the back half of the fight just have so many things you have to account for it was difficult to even process what was going on at times.

PCB was a pretty good sequel to EoSD; the game looked better visually, there were lots of nice QOL improvements (thank god for fast-forward mode in replays), and the bullet patterns were much cooler. I also liked the border system because it made the game easier getting a border made me more confident during tough spells and allowed me to play better. Character art was somehow worse, but whatever. I was also kind of down on the soundtrack at first, not having many songs which really stood out to me like in EoSD, but the extra stage saved it for me. Necro-Fantasy might be my favorite song in the game.

I'm not sure if I like PCB more than EoSD, since I guess I preferred the characters and music more in the latter, but PCB is at least on par with it for me.

I'll probably move onto Imperishable Night next, though not until after a short break from bullet hell. Completing these games is really draining.

Narroo

efxWXNQ.png
70D7hgx.png

And with that, I'm done with PCB.

Yukari didn't take as long as I expected, partially cause a lot of the muscle memory from Ran transferred over, but also cause a lot of Phantasm spell cards were actually easier than their Extra equivalents. I managed to make it as far Double Death Butterfly pretty quickly thinking the stage was easier as a whole but from there on it became way more difficult to make any progress. Yukari's spellcards in the back half of the fight just have so many things you have to account for it was difficult to even process what was going on at times.

PCB was a pretty good sequel to EoSD; the game looked better visually, there were lots of nice QOL improvements (thank god for fast-forward mode in replays), and the bullet patterns were much cooler. I also liked the border system because it made the game easier getting a border made me more confident during tough spells and allowed me to play better. Character art was somehow worse, but whatever. I was also kind of down on the soundtrack at first, not having many songs which really stood out to me like in EoSD, but the extra stage saved it for me. Necro-Fantasy might be my favorite song in the game.

I'm not sure if I like PCB more than EoSD, since I guess I preferred the characters and music more in the latter, but PCB is at least on par with it for me.

I'll probably move onto Imperishable Night next, though not until after a short break from bullet hell. Completing these games is really draining.
Personally, Imperishable Night is my favorite. It has the right balance of polish, mechanics, and difficulty that some of the later ones lack. Also, before you started I'd have recommended that you didn't 100% them one-by-one, but rather play one a bit, and move on once you're happy, given the high skill cap nature of the games. By the time you get to Touhou 10, they might be too easy! Given you beat Yukari, that might be a bit late now.

ibyea

Banned
So, recently I have been playing Touhou games regularly again. I have had two successes. Firstly, I 1cc'd TD in one go on normal. It's not my first time doing it, but considering I haven't played this one for a long time, it puts into perspective how easy this game is in comparison to all the other ones. Afterwards, I finally beat the phantasm stage of PCB. This one has been a long time coming and holy crap did it feel good.

Evilisk

Seems like that means potentially five newcomers with at least 1 fully new character, maybe 2 considering the tag gimmick.

Yeah, I agree with Kaguya probably being in. I can't see it not happening with Reisen and Mokou in. They've also talked about wanting her in for a while (and IIRC, also Wriggle, but that seems less likely to me, personally)

I do wonder what the official teams will be for this game. I can already see a few obvious ones happening (Futo / Miko, Ichirin / Byakuren, Mokou / Sumireko and probably Kaguya / Reisen). Strangely enough, I don't see Reimu / Marisa being a thing. I feel like Nitori / Marisa and Kasen / Reimu, or them pairing with newcomers, is more likely.

Crayolan

Do we know whether 15.5 is gonna be more like the more traditional fighting games or the aerial shooting ones that are more recent?

Looking up the series spinoff titles I thought the former looked pretty cool so I'd love to be able to get into a new one as it releases, especially if it gets a PS4 release like some fangames have.

Top Bottom