• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Chaplain

Here are some new sets for those that are interested:

(As always, right click/save as)

Arty - All styles

Together We Are: EPISODE 017
Together We Are: EPISODE 018 Guest mix by Tristan Garner

DJ Eco - Progressive/Trance

The Sound of You(th) No. 012

Max Graham - Progressive Trance

Max Graham @CyclesRadio 082

Alex O'Rion - Trance

Alex O'Rion - Live at Teatro [UFA, Russia] PART2

PROFF - House/Progressive

Proff Music Podcast 021

Jody Wisternoff - House

Way Out There Oct 012

Dan & Sam - Progressive House/Trance (Amazing Anjunabeats style tracks)

Silk Royal Showcase 160 (Dan & Sam Guest Mix)

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but I see Trance as the trashy pop of the electronic world, on the whole.

There's some great artists out there, but I always feel they're creeping more towards progressive house and psytrance than the traditional trance roots.

What say GAF? Just being honest.

Ashhong

Probably gonna get flamed for this, but I see Trance as the trashy pop of the electronic world, on the whole.

There's some great artists out there, but I always feel they're creeping more towards progressive house and psytrance than the traditional trance roots.

I kinda get what you're saying, but mostly because it's so cheesey and such. But yea, the trend nowadays is more progressive house. Gotta make what's popular.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I don't think anyone here will flame you for your opinion, Uber. We're pretty chill.

I wouldn't call it trashy but I understand where you're coming from. It's undeniable things are heading more towards prog & psytrance but that's the nature of the industry. There will always be a core following for root / original trance though and different kinds fall in and out of popularity.

Ashhong

Armin did a 3 hour set at ExchangeLA last night, and apparently Markus Schulz joined him for a Back 2 Back for the last hour or so. I'm so fucking pissed that I didn't go. GOD DAMN

Chaplain

Listened this one, great mix, deep and calm.
Thanks a lot for posting all those mixes Analyst!

Your welcome!

That Dan & Sam mix, for me, is just so amazing. I have been listening to it for the past couple of days and just enjoy listening to it over and over again.

neos

Your welcome!

That Dan & Sam mix, for me, is just so amazing. I have been listening to it for the past couple of days and just enjoy listening to it over and over again.

re-listening right now:)

the mashup between sweet disposition and small moments at half mix is something wonderful

neos

So, any good artist album out there?
The last which i actually enjoyed and sometimes come back to is Tri-State, so i'm quite sure i'm missing something

DiscoJer

People have been hating on trance (and using the "cheesy" word) since it was first popular in the late '90s. And yet it keeps on going, despite the haters.

What's really great is the kids listening to trance back then have grown up and started making music like back in '98, the uplifting, melodic stuff that most the early artists have abandoned in favor of the cooler prog and housey stuff.

I don't get the hate though, you don't like, don't listen to it. There's so much EDM these days it's crazy. Seems like every DJ on the planet has their own weekly or monthly show.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I've been out of the scene for a long time (6 years) but recently fell back in. Things just kind of reached a breaking point with me. So much pop music simply doesn't know shit about how to make proper electronic music. Back in the day it was really difficult, so those who did it knew what they were doing. These days any asshole with a desktop can make something electronic and many of them think that's all there is to being good. Well, no sir, that doesn't cut it. It hasn't been cutting it and I got fed up, so here I am getting back into the scene.

Ashhong

I've been out of the scene for a long time (6 years) but recently fell back in. Things just kind of reached a breaking point with me. So much pop music simply doesn't know shit about how to make proper electronic music. Back in the day it was really difficult, so those who did it knew what they were doing. These days any asshole with a desktop can make something electronic and many of them think that's all there is to being good. Well, no sir, that doesn't cut it. It hasn't been cutting it and I got fed up, so here I am getting back into the scene.

I don't get it. You say nowadays anybody can make some trashy electronic song, and you hate that, so therefore you are getting back into trance?

Dice

In one sense, I want to say it's one of those "you had to be there" things that got fucked up when it was misunderstood/reinterpreted by a younger generation, like punk music. However, people who know their shit are still at it, and people who know their shit are still coming into the scene. I think you also may be underestimating the musical ignorance of the people I'm talking about. Shitty hipster kids somehow sprouting from the indie rock/pop scene thinking they're hot shit because they're using electronics.

Ashhong

No..I was just confused by your statement because you made it sound like you dont like the direction of trance these days (asshole making music on their desktop) yet you want to get back into the scene now.

Dice

Ah, no. The accessibility isn't a guarantee for universal failure, it just makes failure much more common. You know I'm slowly (whenever my life isn't so fucked up and I'm making money again) building a studio in my house, right? I have 1/3 of it so far. It's too risky to bank your life on but music is too important and natural to me to not have as a creative hobby.

Anyway these aren't trance but remembering them helped bring me back.

http://soundcloud.com/bringthebeats/luke-fair-live-global-lithuania-november-2006-part-1
http://soundcloud.com/bringthebeats/luke-fair-live-global-lithuania-november-2006-part-2

Ashhong

Ooh do you make electronic music? And no I didn't know that. That's pretty awesome. Post pics when thats done. And make sure to add a dance mirror practice room so you can get asian girls to come to your house and train.

Dice

Okay I got spotify and fuuuuuuuuuck this is soooooooooo good!!

You have to understand life was all electronic for me for a good decade. It was good to branch out but why did I leave this behind? omgggggg

Ashhong

Don't hate :)

Above & Beyond announced that Trance Around The World is ending with 450. Sad day..I wonder what the reaction will be when Armin stops ASOT.

Above & Beyond announced that Trance Around The World is ending with 450. Sad day..I wonder what the reaction will be when Armin stops ASOT.

I bet they just rename their podcast to something like "Trance 2.0 Around The World." or whatever they call the genre of music they've moved to. I think they just want to ditch "trance" and move on to their brand of EDM.

Ashhong

I bet they just rename their podcast to something like "Trance 2.0 Around The World." or whatever they call the genre of music they've moved to. I think they just want to ditch "trance" and move on to their brand of EDM.

What is their brand of EDM? I still find them to be trance. They play a good mix of uplifting trance/progressive/trouse. I do find it weird that they are just stopping though.

What if he keeps going till one day his daughter takes over.

That would be pretty amazing. Anybody else watch the Year with Armin video? Armin really deserves everything he has right now. I'm not sure if I could say that about any successful musician. I feel like usually the most popular artist of a genre is not really as dedicated as the less popular. Except Armin.

Chaplain

Trance Around The World #449 Special Retrospective Episode

01. Parker & Hanson - Arabesque (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
02. Mat Zo feat. Linnea Schossow - The Sky (Extended Mix) [Anjunabeats]
03. Jaytech - Vela (Taken From 'Everything Is OK' Album & TATW 222) [Anjunadeep]
04. Boom Jinx & Andrew Bayer - To The Six (Martin Roth Remix) (TATW 301) [Anjunadeep]
05. Cressida - 6AM (Kyau & Albert Remix) [Euphonic]
06. Deadmau5 - Faxing Berlin (TATW 169) [Mau5trap]
07. Andrew Bayer & Matt Lange feat. Kerry Leva - In And Out Of Phase (Club Edit) [Anjunabeats]
08. Signalrunners ‎– Meet Me In Montauk (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
09. Wippenberg - Pong (Extended Mix) (TATW 293) [High Contrast]
10. Norin & Rad - Bloom (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
11. Maor Levi feat. Ashley Tomberlin ‎– Chasing Love (Original Mix) (TATW 330) [Anjunabeats]
12. Who.Is ‎– We.Are (TATW 326) [Anjunabeats]
13. Eye Wall - Bad Deal (DJ Remy & Roland Klinkenberg Remix) (TATW 63) [Captivating Sounds]
14. Above & Beyond & Gareth Emery pres. OceanLab - On A Good Day (Metropolis) [Anjunabeats]
15. Mike Koglin vs. Jono Grant - Sequential (Original Mix) (TATW 63) [Anjunabeats]
16. Arty & Mat Zo ‎– Rebound (Original Mix) (TATW 362) [Anjunabeats]
17. 7 Skies - Sushi (Original Mix) (TATW 328) [Anjunabeats]
18. Sunny Lax ‎– PUMA [Anjunabeats]
19. Nitrous Oxide - North Pole [Anjunabeats]
20. DT8 Project - Destination (Above & Beyond Remix) (TATW 133) [Mondo]
21. Super8 + DJ Tab ‎– Helsinki Scorchin' (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
22. Andrew Bayer - From The Earth (Breakfast Remix) (TATW 328) [Anjunabeats]
23. Above & Beyond feat. Ashley Tomberlin ‎– Can't Sleep (Original Mix) [Anjunabeats]
24. Andy Moor & Adam White pres. Whiteroom ‎– The Whiteroom (Original) (TATW 003) [Liquid Asset]
25. Super8 & Tab ‎– Suru (Original Mix) (TATW 155) [Anjunabeats]
26. Sarah McLachlan - Fallen (Gabriel & Dresden Antigravity Mix) (TATW 001) [White Label]
27. Above & Beyond pres. OceanLab ‎– Breaking Ties (Above & Beyond Analogue Haven Mix) [Anjunabeats]

Chaplain

The "Group Therapy" Podcast could work as well.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Can't hate the cute. As for TATW, any reason why they are ending? Maybe just moving on to something new?
Thanks for posting, this'll cut through my workday excellently.

EDIT:

The Pong (Extended Mix) is fucking awesome.

Ashhong

Ah memories. They should have saved that classic tracklist for their live set to celebrate 450. Would have been epic.

Chaplain

I recommend everyone give a listen to the following set. Rafaël Frost plays some amazing tracks that I am sure will please many.

Mixcloud stream link: Anjunabeats Worldwide 303 with Rafaël Frost (November 4, 2012)

01. Deadmau5 feat. Chris James “The Veldt” (Mau5trap)
02. Norin & Rad “5 Finger Death Punch” (Anjunabeats)
03. Zedd “Stache” (Interscope)
04. Inpetto “Shhhh” [Sander van Doorn Edit] (Doorn)
05. Orjan Nilsen “Burana” (Armind)
06. Ashley Wallbridge “Grenade” (Armada)
07. Bluestone “Capetown” (Anjunabeats)
08. Juventa “Metamorphose” [Club Mix] (Enhanced)
09. Markus Schulz feat. Adina Butar “Caught” [Duderstadt Remix] (Coldharbour)
10. Tritonal & Kaeno “Azuca” [Club Mix] (Enhanced)
11. Andy Moor feat. Sue Mclaren “Trespass” [Antillas and Dankann Club Mix] (AVA)
12. Ferry Corsten feat. Ben Hague “Ain’t No Stoppin” (Flashover)
13. Rafaël Frost “In The Air” (Flashover)
14. Andy Moor feat.*Jessica Sweetman “In Your Arms” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (AVA)
15. Rafaël Frost “We Were” (Flashover)
16. Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla “Aden’s Dream” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Flashover)
17. Markus Schulz feat. Justine Suissa “Perception” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Armada)
18. Rafaël Frost “Red” (Flashover)
19. Dogzilla “Without You” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Maelstrom)
20. Rafaël Frost “Smash” (Flashover)
21. Tritonal feat. Jenry R. “Something New” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Enhanced]

Background on Rafaël Frost:

Awarded the title best producer & DJ by Ferry Corsten in DJ Mag, Amsterdam (NL) born producer and DJ Rafaël Frost has gained recognition in the scene as one of the finest trance producers out there

Mixcloud tip: Click play, and let it buffer for 5 or more minutes. The mixcloud site is kind of slow. This is the work around that I found to it buffering every few seconds.

Aly & Fila, Future Sounds of Egypt #242 (mixcloud | soundcloud)

01. Para X - Piece Of My Heart (Uplifting Mix) [Active Sense]
02. Ruben de Ronde - Forever In Our Hearts (Spotlighted By Jorn van Deynhoven) [Statement!]
03. Dennis Sheperd & Cold Blue feat. Ana Criado - Fallen Angel (Ahmed Romel Remix) [High Contrast]
04. Sebastian Brandt - ID (Chris Metcalfe Remix) [CDR]
05. Brad Ashtar - Dima (Andy Elliass Remix) [D.Max]
06. Paul Trainer - Outbound (Jamie Walker Remix) [Discover White]
07. ID - ID
08. Ferry Tayle & Daniel Kandi - Flying Blue (Original Mix) [Enhanced]
09. Dark Matters feat. Neev Kennedy - Loneliness Won't Leave Me Alone (Sebastian Brandt Dub Mix) [Armada]
10. BT - Flaming June (Paul van Dyk Remix) [Black Hole]
11. Aeden - Nocturnes (Touchstone Remix) [Diverted]

Aly & Fila, so fucking good.

Ashhong

I recommend everyone give a listen to the following set. Rafaël Frost plays some amazing tracks that I am sure will please many.

Mixcloud stream link: Anjunabeats Worldwide 303 with Rafaël Frost (November 4, 2012)

01. Deadmau5 feat. Chris James “The Veldt” (Mau5trap)
02. Norin & Rad “5 Finger Death Punch” (Anjunabeats)
03. Zedd “Stache” (Interscope)
04. Inpetto “Shhhh” [Sander van Doorn Edit] (Doorn)
05. Orjan Nilsen “Burana” (Armind)
06. Ashley Wallbridge “Grenade” (Armada)
07. Bluestone “Capetown” (Anjunabeats)
08. Juventa “Metamorphose” [Club Mix] (Enhanced)
09. Markus Schulz feat. Adina Butar “Caught” [Duderstadt Remix] (Coldharbour)
10. Tritonal & Kaeno “Azuca” [Club Mix] (Enhanced)
11. Andy Moor feat. Sue Mclaren “Trespass” [Antillas and Dankann Club Mix] (AVA)
12. Ferry Corsten feat. Ben Hague “Ain’t No Stoppin” (Flashover)
13. Rafaël Frost “In The Air” (Flashover)
14. Andy Moor feat.*Jessica Sweetman “In Your Arms” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (AVA)
15. Rafaël Frost “We Were” (Flashover)
16. Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla “Aden’s Dream” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Flashover)
17. Markus Schulz feat. Justine Suissa “Perception” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Armada)
18. Rafaël Frost “Red” (Flashover)
19. Dogzilla “Without You” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Maelstrom)
20. Rafaël Frost “Smash” (Flashover)
21. Tritonal feat. Jenry R. “Something New” [Rafaël Frost Remix] (Enhanced]

Background on Rafaël Frost:

Mixcloud tip: Click play, and let it buffer for 5 or more minutes. The mixcloud site is kind of slow. This is the work around that I found to it buffering every few seconds.

Love Rafel. This mix looks great, it's like a mix of the songs I see on TATW and ASOT lol. Can't go wrong with Burana.

Chaplain

552274_10151120824841629_1296319713_n.jpg

Streaming live right now:

13:30-14:30 Norin & Rad (they are spinning right now)
14:30-15:30 Mat Zo
15:30-17:30 Above & Beyond

link: http://listen.di.fm/public3/trance.pls

Top Bottom