• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treehouse Live 9:30AM EST on 1/13 Nintendo Switch Games

Soroc

I stil can't fathom why this isn't packed in to the system. Makes 0 sense. Honestly it would seem to be pretty good drinking games (at least the ones where you don't have to follow auditory queues, basically telling everyone to stfu and stop laughing at the party). But 50 bucks? Lost their damn mind, nintendo has

Peltz

Lot of people are missing the point of this. It's basically trying to turn the physical world into Warioware using vibration, audio, and rhythm cues. Regardless of how well it works, I have to give them props for originality.

No... I'll give them props... I just won't give them $50...

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I swear if there were like 50+ of these games in there it'd be the perfect party game. If there's only like 5 to 10 it'll get old so quick.

But goddamn I'm laughing hard at the eating segment it's ridiculous

THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED A USE FOR THE IR CAMERA

WHEW SURE GLAD THEY INCLUDED THAT IN THOSE PRICEY CONTROLLERS

I think they wanted this to be the next Wii Sports, and make it super relatable to non-gamers.
True but they coulda like stylized it or something like Wii Fit

The aesthetic really turns me off yeah. This stuff reminds me of those silly intro videos they would do in WarioWare Smooth Moves as tutorials, except awkward because it's actors

Yeah it completely lacks any kind of charm at all. They could have made it super fun and cute and goofy as WarioWare or Rythem Haven but instead it's this weird lifeless thing that isn't even trying to hide the tech demo nature of itself.

MCN

Banned
The entire purpose of this game seems to be to demonstrate the various features of the Joycons.

Why isn't this a pack-in again?

Bitanator

The Nintendo Switch, this is what they have to show because nobody is even in the initial planning stages of games yet and it is launching in six weeks

l0Expk5SRltU7pE88.gif

Im gonna have so much fun playing this with my drunk buddies.

There's a certain company's logo that would fit perfectly here...

Sterok

Wii Sports and Nintendo Land were amazing. This... even if it is fun (doubt it) I don't know how they're supposed to sell it.

This game is like Wii music levels of uninteresting to me. Yes there might be some casual audience that is maybe going to like the look of this. But again they're making the same mistake of trying to market it during events and streams only their hardcore fans are watching.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Most people just want to have some fun.

I don't know. Maybe try it

If you think you'll have fun with this, more power to you. I love all sorts of videogames. I have incredibly varied tastes. Playing a game where I bite up and down as quickly as possible holds no appeal to me whatsoever, nor can I really imagine the (sober) person to whom it would. At this point, the main thing that seems to be lacking is actually the fun.

What other colours were shown? I only saw the neon blue and red.

So far that's all they've shown.

But yeah, this game is gonna make for some hilarious stream moments just like Playroom did.

The only problem is it's not a pack in so a lot of people aren't going to bite at the price it's set at currently.

Silver boots lady is way too adorable. The whole cast is great in a dorky way though.

I'll echo that this is the perfect pack-in. They still have time to throw it in before launch, even if it's like a digital code to be redeemed

KHlover

Banned
Combine Eating Contest and Milk.

horizontal arm movement with mouth movement in between :^)

More challenging movements for the hardcore crowd :3

Mory Dunz

I did see one stage where the middle broke apart and revealed a trampoline. I imagine there will be more like that.

Even if they add other crazy stuff, I think the game does have potential to be take way too seriously (which is good imo). Koizumi even billed it as having depth.

Yeah, but that's not enough for a BANNED! in competitive play imo. I think stages like that would be welcomed cause it's a apart of the main gameplay.

If a random dragon came down into the ring, that'd be the wacky non-competitive stuff we see in other games.

psyfi

Banned
man, so many haters

You all really can't imagine playing these with your friends and cracking up? Sounds fun to me, especially with my friends who aren't usually into gaming.

damn. probably cancelling my preorder of 1 2 switch lol. i was under the impression it would be a little bit deeper or have more replayability like that of wii sports or nintendoland

Yado

I stil can't fathom why this isn't packed in to the system. Makes 0 sense. Honestly it would seem to be pretty good drinking games (at least the ones where you don't have to follow auditory queues, basically telling everyone to stfu and stop laughing at the party). But 50 bucks? Lost their damn mind, nintendo has

I feel like that's what it was intended to do but they changed their minds to make sure people bought a game with their Switch. That way every Switch purchase will be $350+

JP

Why isnt the switch game a pack in? Money?
I think it should be as well but there wasn't the Wii the last time something like that happened? I know that with PSVR there was a title of this type, in the loosest of ways, but that was also chargeable.

Maybe we've just moved on from stuff like that now?

EDIT:
Remembered what it was, PSVR Worlds.

Top Bottom