• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Treehouse Live 9:30AM EST on 1/13 Nintendo Switch Games

Schnozberry

I can see people buying the game just to post videos of them being silly on youtube.

But otherwise, they seem like games you could play without the Switch itself. Put some tennis on in the background and swing your beer bottles around until someone breaks a TV. The Ninty experience.

Seems like the games are enabled by the Joycon HD Rumble. They are probably a lot more interesting when you are actually playing them rather than watching someone pretend to milk a cow or draw a gun.

The eating contest and milking mini games are a gif goldmine.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Anyone I know who might even have a passing interest in something like 1-2 Switch would just rather play some Wii Sports at this point. I don't have a single gamer friend who'd want to spend even a solitary minute on this, and my non-gamer friends would still rather play something that can hold your interest for longer than 5 seconds at a time. I get that some people here might be vaguely interested in this game, but as far as I can tell this is gonna be like a repeat of SiNG Party, where Nintendo just completely misjudges what both the casual and hardcore audiences are looking for in a game right now.

zroid

Banned
I promise you I was so ready for Treehouse to sway me over like they have done in the past but there is absolutely nothing going for the title all things considered.

No kidding, 1 2 Switch might be literally the first game that I have ever become less interested in after seeing it demoed on Treehouse Live. Just crazy.

ngower

I suspect the 1,2 Switch game was slated as a pack-in but MK8 and Splatoon 2 got delayed, so they made it a full retail release. The price point seems absurd to me. $20 or $25 would be perfect based on what they've shown.

I think we'll get one more Direct to flesh out the launch window and tease a few more games for later in the year, then E3 is when megatons will drop.

Yado

Isn't that what Zelda is for?

Most people want Zelda but not everyone, some people may have just bought a Switch with the 1,2 Switch pack in for their kid or whatever and called it a day. Without a pack in, they're guaranteed to get $350+ off everyone who buys a Switch as I don't think people are going to buy a console and no game.

Most people want Zelda but not everyone, some people may have just bought a Switch with the 1,2 Switch pack in for their kid or whatever and called it a day. Without a pack in, they're guaranteed to get $350+ off everyone who buys a Switch as I don't think people are going to buy a console and no game.

What else are you going to buy a switch for at launch?

Edit: I can't imagine anyone seeing the 1, 2 Switch game and thinking it's worth $350 plus tax.

psyfi

Banned
I can't imagine having fun thinking I spent €50 for that thing.

If it was 5 or less, sure.
Yeah, I feel you. It should be a pack-in, or $20 at most.

Do you honestly think that software is worth $50? It wasn't just us, even Twitch chat was popping off.
I guess I just feel like that's a separate discussion. I think the game looks really fun and I'm judging it on that alone, whether I'll buy it or not (which I won't at $50) is a different story. I get that other people have a hard time judging the game without judging the value proposition, though.

NotLiquid

Zelda, Snipperclips and Bomberman on launch for me based on the Treehouse stream, they all looked lovely. Mario Kart 8 after that and Puyo and Disgaea whenever they come out. Maybe Fast RMX as well.

I really look forward to having all of those alongside Yooka-Laylee, Sonic Mania, Redout, BoIA+ and Shovel Knight on one console that I not only can play on TV but also in a portable fashion. Despite there being much ado about the Switch's launch the actual window looks pretty exciting for me.

1 2 Switch should really have been a pack-in. It looks like a decent party game but not for the price.

Soroc

Now that treehouse is over, is Nintendo going to upload the video that shows off the OS, powering on the system, launching a game, checking game notifications, how the (new?) eshop looks and feels, Game storage, profile/avatar selection/creation, beta integration with the phone app, possible streaming services like netflix (doubtful its there)

Where the fuck is the info for a system you held close to your chest forever and releasing in 7 weeks. Its like Nintendo thinks there is 7 months to go still

favorite one

source.gif

At 300 this should be packed-in with the system like Wii sports was (except in Japan) so l imagine this was forced from the jp side. Baffling decision.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Gamekult posted an article with impressions. They say Zelda looks incredible on the tablet, more impressive than on the TV :)

Kureransu

I'm glad that i'm not the only one that thought this game should'vr been a pack in.

I honestly think it isn't because of NOJ and the WW release of system. Japan never has pack-ins, but i really hope they are getting the feedback and will adjust in the upcoming weeks.

I was just thinking that this is a game i could take to one of my friend's place where his wife and my gf (who are bffs and don't game) would also play and we could all get a proper laugh.

Axiology

1-2 Switch looks alright, but at $50 it's probably the most overpriced game I've ever seen. At least Wii Sports had 3D models and gameplay that, you know, wasn't all in your head. They must be crazy.

Yado

What else are you going to buy a switch for at launch?

I wouldn't buy it without Zelda but in Nintendo's eyes it's probably better not to take the chance of people buying a $300 console with a game included when they can guarantee that everyone who buys a console buys a game to go with it.

Hermii

12switch looks fun just for the novelty of actually looking at another human being instead of a damn screen, but not for 50$ should have been.a pack in game.

Sendou

Looks like going to be Zelda, ARMS, Snipperclips and Binding of Isaac around launch window for me. Should be enough with some other indie games filling the gaps and Mario Kart in April. After Splatoon 2 the release schedule doesn't matter to me anymore.

Coffinhal

I suspect the 1,2 Switch game was slated as a pack-in but MK8 and Splatoon 2 got delayed, so they made it a full retail release. The price point seems absurd to me. $20 or $25 would be perfect based on what they've shown.

I think we'll get one more Direct to flesh out the launch window and tease a few more games for later in the year, then E3 is when megatons will drop.

Why would they delay MK8 ?

Splatoon 2 I could understand but MK8 must be ready, especially knowing how Nintendo games are ready early to be ready day one

RAAp35H.jpg

Did you folks peep this? Did you guys/gals peep the mojon smack dab in middle of his upper lip? This guy has a little piece of chorizo omfg hahahahaha i'm dying over here, I'm dying and crying hahahahaha.

Plum

So 1-2 Switch is just repetitive hand motions and reflex tests? This has even less going on for it than Wii Music; Nintendoland is The Witcher 3: GOTY in terms of content and meaningful gameplay compared to this. Why???

NimbusD

That IR motion tracker on the bottom of the joycon better be like 50 cents to add, because all of the cutbacks nintendo made for price.... and that made it in?

Do I not understand something about it? wtf is it ever going to be used for other than stupid minigames like that.

koss424

I wouldn't buy it without Zelda but in Nintendo's eyes it's probably better not to take the chance of people buying a $300 console with a game included when they can guarantee that everyone who buys a console buys a game to go with it.

Just imagine the moment of disbelief when an unexpected purchaser brings this home has their game for the new system.

it seems like a silly secret at this point, especially if her being playable does not tie in with the story and just thrown in there like Wolf Link. I really hope she ties in tho.

Maybe use her amiibo for 2 player co-op
Yeah, she has to be playable. If I'd guess you can choose her from the start and all story scenes with her are replaced with Link. Probably will be billed as a non canon extra feature. Just wish they would confirm it. I hope theres a option to play as her from the start even if its non canon.

Great news about open Mario too. I need to watch the replays since I missed everything. Need my Splatoon 2 footage!

This game reminds me of a conversation I had with my local Gamestop manager recently.

He look at some trade ins and he said whoa Wheel of Fortune. He then said that social games tends to sell out fast for his store and as soon he gets one in as a trade in it gets sold almost as soon as a casual or social player sees it.

So this game may actually sell.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Someone could take 15 hours of this game?

Literally, the mini-games might last 30 seconds at the longest. How could you ever rack up enough playtime to total 15 hours? I guess if you really like the tutorial videos and watch each of them like 50 times, you could count that as 15 hours of playtime?

I dunno, this game just sort of irks the hell out of me. It feels so unnecessary and like such a relic of the past. I can't even play a dumb VR game for more than a few minutes without getting bored and any one of those is vastly more interesting than this for any number of reasons. This game isn't forward thinking in any way, and honestly goes against what want to see out of Nintendo as far as more progressive game design methodologies go.

Top Bottom